Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire rate on Sancti Tigris?

(XBOX)Deflinek

Question

Inspired by another question about Sancti Tigris I went to warframe-builder to see how people mod it. To my surprise there is quite a lot of "top" builds that use Shotgun Spazz max ranked mod (+90% fire rate).

What am I missing here? The Tigris' fancy trigger can shot both barrels instantly without that mod and I can't find anything else why it makes any sense to put it there.

6 answers to this question

Warframe Builder is good if you understand how the math works, how each number is calculated, and which numbers are meaningless.

The Warframe Builder developers tend to be pretty good at getting down the idiosyncracies of weapons with unique firing mechanics, but for whatever reason have never updated the duplex-auto trigger type to accurately reflect how the trigger type works (which is more similar to a burst-fire weapon than any other trigger type).

Basically, anyone putting Shotgun Spazz on a (Sancti) Tigris with a 2-shot magazine is an idiot who is only looking at big numbers and not taking into account how the gun actually works.

- going to Warframe Builder for 'builds' is doing it wrong. 95% of them are stupid.

- Rate of Fire can be useful... if you have a Magazine size of larger than 2, so that you can fire the next set of Shells faster. it's pretty niche though.

Most "Top" builds on warframe builder are just number-chasing (Typically DPS), even when it's completely stupid. Fire Rate on Tigris is an example of this, as those builds are attempting to maximize the Burst DPS, forgetting that the weapon has to reload VERY often, making Burst DPS a meaningless number. They also frequently disregard things like punch-through for the same reasons.

Edited by Tails-san

Shotgun Spazz shows higher DPS numbers in warframe builder, I suppose. Never have been a fan of that site. I prefer putting punch-thru on my Sancti Tigris (Seeking Fury), after a little experimentation.