Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy missions

(XBOX)SgtFunBun

Question

10 answers to this question

Setting off alarms doesn't do anything else but reduces the xp reward to 1/3 of what it would be if you do the vault without alarms.

The amount of succesful vaults you do determines what you can get. The third succesful vault gives most of the good rewards like dual stat mods, covert lethality and Ivara parts. The second one gives mostly keys and the first one gives only things like credit caches and resources.

1 minute ago, (XB1)SgtFunBun said:

Thanks

HOLD YOUR THANKS

You only need to get the extractions. Alarms have no effect on the rewards. In other words, setting off the alarms all 3 times, but still getting all 3 caches of data will have the same chances as getting all 3 "perfectly".

3 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

HOLD YOUR THANKS

You only need to get the extractions. Alarms have no effect on the rewards. In other words, setting off the alarms all 3 times, but still getting all 3 caches of data will have the same chances as getting all 3 "perfectly".

Thanks (2)

I've been told/led to believe that triggering ONE alarm doesn't affect the rewards, but triggering TWO or THREE does. I don't know that for sure, though.

You do need to successfully extract all 3 data files to get 1 drop from the "best" rewards, which include ivara parts. Whether you set off alarms once or not at all doesn't change the drop rate at all, but as said, I can't vouch for the two or three times.

Whatever the truth about the amount of alarms allowed, you should practice the vaults until you can run them without triggering any alarms, because triggering the alarms makes subsequent vaults harder, and then you run a bigger chance of messing up and losing the data.

I know, but the Wiki doesn't always explain everything - For example, I can't find a mention in there that for the Ivara parts to have a chance of dropping, you need to successfully complete all three - The first and second data vaults you successfully complete will never drop her parts, only the third one has a chance to, so it's plausible that the amount of alarms triggered could also be factored in. As I said, I don't know for sure, and could very well be that the amount of alarms has no effect whatsoever on the rewards (and that would be logical, too). Would need to test to find this out.

Usually I run spys solo because some people come unglued if you set off a single alarm...and because some people don't know how to do spy missions and loose all the caches on you. Anyway I forgot to turn on solo when I was trying to get Ivara's helmet to drop and got joined by one of those try-hard always fail guys. He mostly killed enemies in the hallway while I did the caches until I was in B and he suddenly realized it was a spy mission, not an exterminate. He went to the otherside of the map and tripped the alarms on C...somehow I managed to get to the otherside of the map, cipher my way through and pulled the data at the last second...and when we got to extraction I had my helmet after probably running it w/o alarms somewhere between 10-15 times prior...so I'm pretty sure that the alarms going off don't matter as long as the data is intact.