Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

I would even go so far as to say make the energy regen even smaller than that, but allow the visual arcing effect from Speed to tag enemies, whether or not Shocking Speed is on, to grant a bigger chunk of stacks (actual counts of 1 or 2 energy at max stacks) for some synergy and scaling, as well as dangerous plays.
Also, grant true wall running while Speed is active. And maybe instead of instant loss of all stacks, rapid loss while in the air, that way you can leap at a wall or hop over a giant mob without losing everything.

9 hours ago, SylvenStar said:

I would even go so far as to say make the energy regen even smaller than that, but allow the visual arcing effect from Speed to tag enemies, whether or not Shocking Speed is on, to grant a bigger chunk of stacks (actual counts of 1 or 2 energy at max stacks) for some synergy and scaling, as well as dangerous plays.
Also, grant true wall running while Speed is active. And maybe instead of instant loss of all stacks, rapid loss while in the air, that way you can leap at a wall or hop over a giant mob without losing everything.

yeah, i would love to run up walls and dance on the ceiling.

p.s. we now have more pages than any other U18.13 revisions feedback thread! :smile: 

Edited by Aquasurge

13 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

p.s. we now have more pages than any other U18.13 revisions feedback thread!

Wow...That's gotta mean something! 40 pages and over 1k replies... and ive been here since the very beginning!

Well, this is a megathread!  

Edited by Wolfnrun

On 6/24/2016 at 3:06 PM, Ikusias said:

@Dizzle22

you forgot to ransom back:

- the removal or improvement of the damage cap on enemies that gets them off of discharge before the full duration of the power: it should be duration or damage based, not both corpus get free instantly still with full shields, grineer stay put the full duration but take negligible damage

- the destruction of static enemies like cameras, turrets and sapper drones field generators - they are enemies, so they should be targeted;

- the destruction of all lighting fixtures in the area - plunging half a grineer or corpus ship in darknes was way cool and one of the few ways to actually "damage" a tile ( I feel the need to leave my mark werever i fight)

That all works for me too. :)

I mean, really, we're not being unreasonably at all with these requests. Even with our lists put together and fulfilled 100%, he will still be a niche frame that no one would ever call OP.

so, my Discharge still ignores 1/6 to 1/8 of all enemies it hits (PS4), the ability we can't use (Riot Shield) gets another nice gimmick attached. but people will receive my Speed again - but will also again leave me behind to never see again because it will AGAIN buff them multiplicative without hard-capping their buff at the exact speed my Volt loadout has under the effects of my Speed? while i will probably AGAIN not be able to overwrite a differently specced Speed from another Volt on me with my own? 

oh this will probably so make me play him again... (sarcasm) - but i appreciate that he gets at least tweaked further, not every of my frames was that fortunate after their rework (for example: Rhino's passive never brought to actually work to worth a mentioning degree - so it only manages to knock down one random enemy per whole day of regular Rhino play and is like that in an entirely redundant broken placeholder shape..., etc.). 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO said:

so, my Discharge still ignores 1/6 to 1/8 of all enemies it hits (PS4), the ability we can't use (Riot Shield) gets another nice gimmick attached. but people will receive my Speed again - but will also again leave me behind to never see again because it will AGAIN buff them multiplicative without hard-capping their buff at the exact speed my Volt loadout has under the effects of my Speed? while i will probably AGAIN not be able to overwrite a differently specced Speed from another Volt on me with my own? 

oh this will probably so make me play him again... (sarcasm) - but i appreciate that he gets at least tweaked further, not every of my frames was that fortunate after their rework (for example: Rhino's passive never brought to actually work to worth a mentioning degree - so it only manages to knock down one random enemy per whole day of regular Rhino play and is like that in an entirely redundant broken placeholder shape..., etc.). 

I know, it's really messy... I don't get the buff to MES if almost no ones uses it... I am patiently waiting for more, there is over 40 pages of feedback and I wish for none of it to go to waste...

Electric Shield Suggestion : 

change electric shield 50% electric bonus damage to 50% chance of electric proc, that helps kill/hit multiple enemies, good choice of warframe to use semi-auto or long charge guns. on Mobile Electric Shield, when Volt switch weapon to melee, make the shield bigger just like reinhardt in overwatch (but not as big as in overwatch). twice the size of Mobile Electric Shield.

Edited by FitzSimmons

My friends are happy as hell to be back to the old Speed buff.  I guess I can't leave the coil just sitting around in the most awkward possible locations...

Hmmm...  what if the Speed coil was replaced with a charged spot...

I'm totally off-the-cuffing this, but is there a way to build shock/stun on activation into Speed?  That might fit...  and it'd line up perfectly with Shocking Speed, plus it makes even a low-Strength gain use from Speed.

This idea seems interesting.  Then again, I'd love to see a useful version of Riot Shield (i.e., doesn't eat energy faster than everything else in game short of a magnetic proc) before we build more into what's here.

Current Volt has potential, and if we stay grounded but energetic about how he's conveyed then I'd be shocked if he didn't break the resistance to and polarized attitudes about him.  I'm feeling a bit charged by the thought, and I hope the Devs have the capacity left over to finish this role inversion.

1 minute ago, Cytobel said:

My friends are happy as hell to be back to the old Speed buff.  I guess I can't leave the coil just sitting around in the most awkward possible locations...

Hmmm...  what if the Speed coil was replaced with a charged spot...

I'm totally off-the-cuffing this, but is there a way to build shock/stun on activation into Speed?  That might fit...  and it'd line up perfectly with Shocking Speed, plus it makes even a low-Strength gain use from Speed.

This idea seems interesting.  Then again, I'd love to see a useful version of Riot Shield (i.e., doesn't eat energy faster than everything else in game short of a magnetic proc) before we build more into what's here.

Current Volt has potential, and if we stay grounded but energetic about how he's conveyed then I'd be shocked if he didn't break the resistance to and polarized attitudes about him.  I'm feeling a bit charged by the thought, and I hope the Devs have the capacity left over to finish this role inversion.

i agree, i have been coincidentally thinking about this for some time now; it would be handy if you were surrounded by a large group/mob of high level enemies that could kill you in an instant.

on another note, i have noticed something about the passive recently regarding bullet jumps - you can gain a charge every time you touch the ground again. will need some testing to clarify.

2 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

i agree, i have been coincidentally thinking about this for some time now; it would be handy if you were surrounded by a large group/mob of high level enemies that could kill you in an instant.

on another note, i have noticed something about the passive recently regarding bullet jumps - you can gain a charge every time you touch the ground again. will need some testing to clarify.

I'd guess they just reverted to old Speed.  I can't complain too much about that, but I need to point out Speed is Str/Dur, whereas his new moveset is Area/Dur, so synergy of build requirements isn't...  there...

I bloody well DESPISE the "buff to nerf" or similar arguements, but I'm pretty sure many of us would LOVE to pull mod space outta Strength, just so long as we had an acceptable Speed to throw.  Buffing Volt's base Sprint speed could help, and so could improving the potency of Speed.

If Volt's Speed were more effective baseline then there'd be far less necessity for such intensive Str builds.  Moreover, you could cap the buff to allies (if players hate Speed) or add the "tap Q" option for an opt out.

I get really frustrated when I see those 269% Str/200% Dur builds and DON'T see DE noticing the issue.

If Speed feels too weak baseline, it needs some love.  Simple as that.  Also more duration.  Like 15 seconds baseline.  I hate getting stuck in constant recasting loops of "hit 2, run 30 feet, kill 20 things, recast".  It feels like having a macro keyboard is needed to play Warframe at current duration.

9 hours ago, Cytobel said:

I bloody well DESPISE the "buff to nerf" or similar arguements, but I'm pretty sure many of us would LOVE to pull mod space outta Strength, just so long as we had an acceptable Speed to throw.  Buffing Volt's base Sprint speed could help, and so could improving the potency of Speed.

If Volt's Speed were more effective baseline then there'd be far less necessity for such intensive Str builds.  Moreover, you could cap the buff to allies (if players hate Speed) or add the "tap Q" option for an opt out.

Speed isn't just about running speed but atk speed as well, and now reload speed included. i personally need str for speed because of atk speed not running speed, thats what i fond of speed, the atk speed buff. 

Maybe more fanart will encourage change??? 

tumblr_nlz6axMJE11sfuvmyo1_1280.png                                                                                                                

One day... 

6 hours ago, FitzSimmons said:

Speed isn't just about running speed but atk speed as well, and now reload speed included. i personally need str for speed because of atk speed not running speed, thats what i fond of speed, the atk speed buff. 

I totally follow you.  I'm just not too sure I care about atk speed most of the time.  It's great, don't get me wrong at all, but I tend to use faster weapons to start with, so it doesn't feel like the main factor for me.

The thing is this: scaling changes may well make that attack speed buff more of an optional bonus than a requirement.  Personally I use Speed as a repositioning tool that lets me kill as I move more effectively, but I'm not denigrating the importance of the attack buff.

I really would like to see Speed's required stats line up better with the rest of Volt's kit, really.  That's what I meant.  Also, I had to point out the fact that it's weak enough to start (but scales powerfully enough with stat boosts) to inspire a build that pretty much excludes the rest of his skills.  Those are my issues with Speed.

Yes, I REALLY wanna love Riot Shield.  I can't at the price, that's all.

Shock kinda needs...  more cowbell, I guess?  Something more in the interactions with other abilities department, and DEFINITELY an interaction with Speed.    [EDIT:  Ooohh, oohh!  How about you release a pulse of electric proc whenever you cast Shock while running with Speed?]

Discharge is spotty in targeting and wonkey in CC, but otherwise not bad.

Edited by Cytobel

15 hours ago, FitzSimmons said:

Let's go more in depth on this, yes?

What we are really talking about here is "Close-and-kill" speed:

1.  Quicker mob elimination by traversing maps faster and higher dps.

2.  Less chance of getting Squishframed.

I tend to run a %200+ Power Strength build with other stats at %100 with emphasis on anti-knockdown and knockdown recovery.

I forgo Streamline and use Primed Flow.

I have a very costly/long Naramon charge so that 10 min in I can REALLY do damage (high crit with invisibility duration max) if I want to go with some melee super-cheese and invisi-Rez downed squad mates.

You'd think riot shield would make sense here but the cost is simply too high.  I hate accidentally grabbing it.

Conclusion?  

I see Speed as Volt's anchor power for synergy.  It's why I have campaigned so hard for an increase in base speed and to make his passive the ability to "fast cast" other abilities on the run with Speed active.

Strafe Frame ties it all together:

Versatilily and build Utility through mobility :).

Not a fan of the rework unfortunately, and I really do think it failed, outside of adding in a few nice changes to Volt (like Speed buffing reload speed and being recastable now). 

For starters, Volt and Volt Prime have a HUGE disparity in base stats to the point where it's not even funny. Volt Prime has twice the base energy pool (200 vs 100) and significantly more armor (100 vs 15). I feel like base Volt should get a buff to be a little bit more competitive with his Prime Variant (say, 150 energy/65 armor) and a better caster frame.

Also, his sprint speed still feels really low and he still gets outpaced by many allies under the effects of Speed, so his sprint speed should be buffed to something like 1.15/1.20 (Prime) in order to compensate. After all, mobility is a huge part of his identity, so this really helps him out. 

As for his passive, it's nice, but the 1000 damage cap is really punitive, I find. It really needs to be raised (say to 10k or higher). Alternatively (as suggested by reddit user flackenstien), his passive should "store" charges (he suggested up to 5), where each charge stores up to 1000 damage (so if you accrue 2.5k damage, you get 2 charges of 1k damage and 1 charge of 500 damage). Also, charge build-up speed should be slightly raised (say by 25%). 

As for his first ability, it's decent CC, but it's still really weak as a damage ability (it only deals 200 damage, meaning it fails to kill even level 20 enemies). Given its spammy nature, I really think it'd benefit from the ability combo counter (x4 damage x4 efficiency at max combo).

Speed is a solid ability, but it's held back by its pitiful base duration of 10 seconds. This means that you need to slap on a Narrow Minded in order to get a remotely reasonable duration  on it, and Narrow Minded kills the range of his ultimate. Yes, you can constantly recast Speed now, but that really breaks the flow of the game for me and feels really cumbersome. Therefore, I suggest that the duration of his Speed be significantly increased to the point where Narrow Minded doesn't feel so compulsory, say 16 seconds or so. This also allows him to mod for range much more comfortably, allowing him to have a much more balanced build. 

Electric shield now has a cap of 6 shields, which I feel was unneeded (it was perfectly fine being unlimited before), but if there must be a cap, I think 8 would be a better balance. Also, now that we don't have unlimited shields, I do think the range of the shields should be increased (or maybe they could scale positively for Power Range). 

As for the  Riot Shield, it's a great idea in theory, but its execution is so poor that it feels more like a liability than an asset. In addition to the initial cost of casting Electric Shield and the 5 energy/second drain (and the shield's duration isn't paused while you're using it), you're slowed down significantly while using it, you can't use your primary weapon, and you get a secondary energy drain based on distance traveled. Even with max efficiency, the Riot Shield drains an ungodly amount of energy. It's far too punitive and acts as anti-synergy to the rest of his kit. Really, it's not even that powerful since it only protects Volt from frontal attacks (and in a horde game like Warframe, you can easily be surrounded by bullets). I suggest that the all of the restrictions go (unable to use Primary Weapon, movement speed slow) and the secondary drain should be removed (so it's just a flat 5 energy/s drain). You should also have a visual indicator of when the shield is about to expire so that you know when to recast another one (or just pause the duration of the shield while in use). 

Finally, there's Discharge. It feels really unfinished and doesn't really fit into his kit all that well. It still inherits Overload's slow cast animation, but you can't cast it in the air anymore (so you're a sitting duck to enemies). The damage cap before the CC wears off means that it doesn't scale all that well into end-game to boot. I propose that the casting animation be sped up (say by 50%), be castable mid-air, have the damage cap changed to be based on a scaling percent of enemy health (say 50%, like Frost's Freeze), and (to promote synergy with the rest of his kit) place a debuff on enemies that increases the electric damage they take (say, 40% or so). 

TL;DR

Increased stats for base Volt (100-->150 energy, 15-->65 armor)

Buffed Sprint speed (1.15/1.20 - regular/prime respectively). 

More scaling for passive (raised damage cap or excess damage over 1000 rolls over as "charges" with a cap of 5) and faster charge gain. 

1 - gets ability combo counter scaling

2 - duration buffed to 16s

3 - Shield cap raised to 8, possibly scales with Power Range

4 - Damage cap changed to % of enemy health, casts faster, and is castable mid-air. Now applies debuff that increases electric damage taken on affected enemies. 

I feel like these changes would make Volt a lot stronger, while not making him OP. 

10 hours ago, SquidTheSid said:

Not a fan of the rework unfortunately, and I really do think it failed, outside of adding in a few nice changes to Volt (like Speed buffing reload speed and being recastable now). 

For starters, Volt and Volt Prime have a HUGE disparity in base stats to the point where it's not even funny. Volt Prime has twice the base energy pool (200 vs 100) and significantly more armor (100 vs 15). I feel like base Volt should get a buff to be a little bit more competitive with his Prime Variant (say, 150 energy/65 armor) and a better caster frame.

Also, his sprint speed still feels really low and he still gets outpaced by many allies under the effects of Speed, so his sprint speed should be buffed to something like 1.15/1.20 (Prime) in order to compensate. After all, mobility is a huge part of his identity, so this really helps him out. 

As for his passive, it's nice, but the 1000 damage cap is really punitive, I find. It really needs to be raised (say to 10k or higher). Alternatively (as suggested by reddit user flackenstien), his passive should "store" charges (he suggested up to 5), where each charge stores up to 1000 damage (so if you accrue 2.5k damage, you get 2 charges of 1k damage and 1 charge of 500 damage). Also, charge build-up speed should be slightly raised (say by 25%). 

As for his first ability, it's decent CC, but it's still really weak as a damage ability (it only deals 200 damage, meaning it fails to kill even level 20 enemies). Given its spammy nature, I really think it'd benefit from the ability combo counter (x4 damage x4 efficiency at max combo).

Speed is a solid ability, but it's held back by its pitiful base duration of 10 seconds. This means that you need to slap on a Narrow Minded in order to get a remotely reasonable duration  on it, and Narrow Minded kills the range of his ultimate. Yes, you can constantly recast Speed now, but that really breaks the flow of the game for me and feels really cumbersome. Therefore, I suggest that the duration of his Speed be significantly increased to the point where Narrow Minded doesn't feel so compulsory, say 16 seconds or so. This also allows him to mod for range much more comfortably, allowing him to have a much more balanced build. 

Electric shield now has a cap of 6 shields, which I feel was unneeded (it was perfectly fine being unlimited before), but if there must be a cap, I think 8 would be a better balance. Also, now that we don't have unlimited shields, I do think the range of the shields should be increased (or maybe they could scale positively for Power Range). 

As for the  Riot Shield, it's a great idea in theory, but its execution is so poor that it feels more like a liability than an asset. In addition to the initial cost of casting Electric Shield and the 5 energy/second drain (and the shield's duration isn't paused while you're using it), you're slowed down significantly while using it, you can't use your primary weapon, and you get a secondary energy drain based on distance traveled. Even with max efficiency, the Riot Shield drains an ungodly amount of energy. It's far too punitive and acts as anti-synergy to the rest of his kit. Really, it's not even that powerful since it only protects Volt from frontal attacks (and in a horde game like Warframe, you can easily be surrounded by bullets). I suggest that the all of the restrictions go (unable to use Primary Weapon, movement speed slow) and the secondary drain should be removed (so it's just a flat 5 energy/s drain). You should also have a visual indicator of when the shield is about to expire so that you know when to recast another one (or just pause the duration of the shield while in use). 

Finally, there's Discharge. It feels really unfinished and doesn't really fit into his kit all that well. It still inherits Overload's slow cast animation, but you can't cast it in the air anymore (so you're a sitting duck to enemies). The damage cap before the CC wears off means that it doesn't scale all that well into end-game to boot. I propose that the casting animation be sped up (say by 50%), be castable mid-air, have the damage cap changed to be based on a scaling percent of enemy health (say 50%, like Frost's Freeze), and (to promote synergy with the rest of his kit) place a debuff on enemies that increases the electric damage they take (say, 40% or so). 

TL;DR

Increased stats for base Volt (100-->150 energy, 15-->65 armor)

Buffed Sprint speed (1.15/1.20 - regular/prime respectively). 

More scaling for passive (raised damage cap or excess damage over 1000 rolls over as "charges" with a cap of 5) and faster charge gain. 

1 - gets ability combo counter scaling

2 - duration buffed to 16s

3 - Shield cap raised to 8, possibly scales with Power Range

4 - Damage cap changed to % of enemy health, casts faster, and is castable mid-air. Now applies debuff that increases electric damage taken on affected enemies. 

I feel like these changes would make Volt a lot stronger, while not making him OP. 

I don't even pay attention to the reload speed and riot shield due to the obvious reasons that I will not point out because we all know. I like reading these suggestions and all of these propositions, though, it also shows how much of the rework is un-finished. This more that needs to be done by exposing the many flaws, it's not to say that the 'rework' is completely horrible, it's to show that there is much more room for improvement then what was presented to us :smile: Long story short : buff/fix everything!!! A true rework does not have this many compromises! 

Edited by Wolfnrun

6 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

*SNIP* A true rework does not have this many compromises! 

I think you mean "a true rework isn't MADE of compromises".

Seriously, my biggest issue by FAR is that Volt has so many mitigating factors that you'd think he could wipe whole missions like he used to with one Overload (wow, that dates me).

I would far and away prefer to see some POWER in place of at least a few of these "balancing factors".  Engaging gameplay requires something to pull a player in, and Volt lacks that I think.

3 hours ago, Cytobel said:

Seriously, my biggest issue by FAR is that Volt has so many mitigating factors that you'd think he could wipe whole missions like he used to with one Overload (wow, that dates me).

I would far and away prefer to see some POWER in place of at least a few of these "balancing factors".  Engaging gameplay requires something to pull a player in, and Volt lacks that I think.

this is what really needs to be worked on - some cool bad-assery in volt's kit

6 hours ago, Cytobel said:

Yup! That is what I mean! mesa and mag got a better rework then us... I think it's embarasing! 

2 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

this is what really needs to be worked on - some cool bad-assery in volt's kit

YES! I am tired of people leaving the squad because I am volt, I wouldn't mind replacing or changing abilites or doing something completely amazing! If it's worth taking a risk, THEN DO IT!!!!!!!!!! Change needs to start happening people! Also, this is not a rework, as someone in another thread stated "This is not a rework, it's a reskin" It's time to get out of our little comfort zones and be just a little bit more risk taking! 

It's been over a month since the corpus bashed our heads again, I am waiting for lotus and the other tenno operatives to bring me in the healing chamber as it has been 3 whole earth years of surrpresed power. Also, it looks like the mis-leading description is being reinforced despite how false it is...  

"Time to truly make Volt 'an alternative to gunplay' – Warframe Description, 2012. " Still misleading even to this day.  

"Shock remains untouched as 'it’s a pretty great first ability' – [DE]Scott. The love of zapping is eternal. " At least we know who said it... SIGH this is so wrong...this is a mess...

I even just read a new tenno saying how volt got nerfed even further and he doesn't like it, so he went to excalibur, this is deppresing. Discouraging new tenno...

12 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

It's been over a month since the corpus bashed our heads again, I am waiting for lotus and the other tenno operatives to bring me in the healing chamber as it has been 3 whole earth years of surrpresed power. Also, it looks like the mis-leading description is being reinforced despite how false it is...  

"Time to truly make Volt 'an alternative to gunplay' – Warframe Description, 2012. " Still misleading even to this day.  

"Shock remains untouched as 'it’s a pretty great first ability' – [DE]Scott. The love of zapping is eternal. " At least we know who said it... SIGH this is so wrong...this is a mess...

I even just read a new tenno saying how volt got nerfed even further and he doesn't like it, so he went to excalibur, this is deppresing. Discouraging new tenno...

We recently passed Mag with the most mega thread posts like it's a great accomplishment...no.

When I dig into the content, it tells me something different:

1.  Mag rework posts have fallen off because the rework is largely successful for both sides.  There was an initial blowback from changes to the OP shield polarize, but players quickly began to see how strong Mag now is as a multi-purpose "debuff-and-kill" frame when Magnetize is incorporated with the rest of her kit.  Cue Mag Prime Unvaulted.

2.  Volt's rework has yet to establish the integrated synergy, power, or identity that Mag now seemingly displays.

Voltites continue their empassioned pleas for a rework success.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

We recently passed Mag with the most mega thread posts like it's a great accomplishment...no.

When I dig into the content, it tells me something different:

1.  Mag rework posts have fallen off because the rework is largely successful for both sides.  There was an initial blowback from changes to the OP shield polarize, but players quickly began to see how strong Mag now is as a multi-purpose "debuff-and-kill" frame when Magnetize is incorporated with the rest of her kit.  Cue Mag Prime Unvaulted.

2.  Volt's rework has yet to establish the integrated synergy, power, or identity that Mag now seemingly displays.

Voltites continue their empassioned pleas for a rework success.

Thoughts?

Well from the looks of it, people are begining to utilize magnitize more frequently after the many conflicts that arrised from Shield polarize.

I agree, I feel that the volt megathread has been more progressive in wanting change for a true rework and all of these ideas and propositions. I have kept up with this thread since day 1 and have consistently replied and wanted change for us #Stormriders out there, Weve been civil for the most part asking kindly for fixes and such and still nothing to solve that... So this is what was planned for us these past few months??? Throws hands up I'm not sure man, it's all very unfortunate to say the least

31 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Well from the looks of it, people are begining to utilize magnitize more frequently after the many conflicts that arrised from Shield polarize.

I agree, I feel that the volt megathread has been more progressive in wanting change for a true rework and all of these ideas and propositions. I have kept up with this thread since day 1 and have consistently replied and wanted change for us #Stormriders out there, Weve been civil for the most part asking kindly for fixes and such and still nothing to solve that... So this is what was planned for us these past few months??? Throws hands up I'm not sure man, it's all very unfortunate to say the least

Just keep in mind the time and resources needed for some changes vs others; the DEVs always must take these into account and they influence our wishes and actual change whether we like it or not.

Examples?  Sure:

1.  Environmental damage from Overload was something DE wanted to effectively expand upon to give it more punch, but, per devstreams, it was found to be too costly and time-intensive to implement properly.  Discharge, however, uses more established code.

2.  Riot shield was seized upon quickly, I believe, because the framework was largely in place to adapt it from it's Grineer counterpart and at relatively minimal cost.  The cost to USE it...another story :).

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Just keep in mind the time and resources needed for some changes vs others; the DEVs always must take these into account and they influence our wishes and actual change whether we like it or not.

Examples?  Sure:

1.  Environmental damage from Overload was something DE wanted to effectively expand upon to give it more punch, but, per devstreams, it was found to be too costly and time-intensive to implement properly.  Discharge, however, uses more established code.

2.  Riot shield was seized upon quickly, I believe, because the framework was largely in place to adapt it from it's Grineer counterpart quickly and at relatively minimal cost.  The cost to USE it...another story :).

Yup, though it would be nice that we get a few status updates here and there...Maybe there is more experimentation going on and we don't know it??? It's going to be a while until then