Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

i still dont get what was this whole volt rework for it just did literally nothing:

-movable shield that you cant use due to energy drain its like this ability doesnt exist

-discharge is even more dangerous to use than overload cause i have no idea how long the stun ill last due to dmg cap

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Look at all of Vors abilities.

He has 4 electrical abilities He just doesn't use them all at the same time.

1) he has electrical WOF, lightning chains down from the sky. he uses this when you are trying to escape him on earth when you first start the game. Its so the player can not get too close and actually kill him.

2) he has an impenetrable 360 degree sheild that regenerates all health and sheilds lost, at the expense of mobility.

3) he has the ultimate power continuous shock stream we have been asking for on volt for years.

4) he has giant tesla mines(vauban) that deal electric and slash

And he does it all with a void key.

Now...if he had a valid story like A lad v, where he scraped together some parts off a warframe, itd be ok. But it's a void key. This has been the most annoying part of the game to me as a volt fan.

If he was able to use all 4 attacks at the same time, I would out right quit. The fact that he is easily murder destroyed after a certain point in the game only makes it slightly less annoying...

Great, lets be jealous of captain vor... but even he does it better 

39 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Great, lets be jealous of captain vor... but even he does it better 

Vor is a better Volt than Volt. Lol. But he is a boss. Sargus Ruk is a rough equivalent of ember so it's not just volt that has a clone.

1 minute ago, Adder9 said:

Vor is a better Volt than Volt. Lol. But he is a boss. Sargus Ruk is a rough equivalent of ember so it's not just volt that has a clone.

Vor has a shield that restores his health and shields along with being immune to damage... ACK! This is frustration to no end!!! :angry: something super big has to come to us, just has to! ...No wonder excalibur is praised over volt... 

36 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

something super big has to come to us, just has to! 

If Overload had just been buffed, I think we would have been fine. The 4 second delay on it and the ground lock is what really kills it. 

17 minutes ago, Adder9 said:

If Overload had just been buffed, I think we would have been fine

We live in a world were synergy is ridding of "ult abilites" saryn is a good example and so is volt now, if overload were to deal immense damage like frost's avalanche, debuff enemies that survive, and or damage them over time, things would have been better. This nerf (Not calling it a rework!) had so potential like excaliburs back in 2015! that was just a year ago! If abilites need be replaced, for example replace ES and speed with something else, make it better! like with mag! Yes he's good as a "starter" but that's it and it is unacceaptable for him to be nothing more than a starter! 

1 hour ago, Adder9 said:

Sargas is a rough equivalent to ember, but vor is just hands down better with his shock and "overload" mechanic than Volt, aside from the fact that electricity damage doesn't stun us.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Sargas is a rough equivalent to ember, but vor is just hands down better with his shock and "overload" mechanic than Volt, aside from the fact that electricity damage doesn't stun us.

It tickles him...like any other enemy... even pablo on prime time said that before the rework, almost surpring it didn't influence there to be any change 

Edited by Wolfnrun

lol whiny people everywhere. the only problem i see is with carrying the electric shield. too many downsides. It shrinks, keeps the same duration, drains energy, slows you down and limits your weapon use to your melee and sidearm. It should pause the duration while holding it but let it still drain your energy. 1 is still good, nothing wrong with speed, and his ult is still good. with some range and duration its a very reliable cc and with the augment very good utility.

1 hour ago, shoopypit said:

lol whiny people everywhere. the only problem i see is with carrying the electric shield. too many downsides. It shrinks, keeps the same duration, drains energy, slows you down and limits your weapon use to your melee and sidearm. It should pause the duration while holding it but let it still drain your energy. 1 is still good, nothing wrong with speed, and his ult is still good. with some range and duration its a very reliable cc and with the augment very good utility.

We've been through that with the riot shield. Everyone seems to agree that it's cute but overall rather pointless and that the shield limit is just ridiculous. 

That said, most of us really dislike discharge for many reasons. I feel that the delay and gradual damage renders it rather useless unless you're running capacitance. I liked the general function of overload better, and I think all it needed was a damage buff, or an arc/tesla function, but discharge really just doesn't cut it for me.

33 minutes ago, Adder9 said:

We've been through that with the riot shield. Everyone seems to agree that it's cute but overall rather pointless and that the shield limit is just ridiculous. 

That said, most of us really dislike discharge for many reasons. I feel that the delay and gradual damage renders it rather useless unless you're running capacitance. I liked the general function of overload better, and I think all it needed was a damage buff, or an arc/tesla function, but discharge really just doesn't cut it for me.

No offense to server who was the one that got the idea to be in the works...Good concept, bad execution. I don't want it anymore. Poor volt, makes my hatred for excalibur grow

I've been off doing other things than Warframe, and I'm suprised how good it feels.

There are no real reasons to play once you've basically done just about everything.  Go figure.  We really needed more content some time ago.

I don't know what to say here that hasn't been said already.  We asked for a rework until DE finally did it, and all we saw was sidegrades or downgrades.  Electric Shield is now limited in number and far more of a risk to use if you're at all attached to your main gun, Overload became Discharge while STILL not being particularly viable end-game (outside of a basically non-damage stun to Grineer), and Speed is still king.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had assumed that this whole "engaging gameplay" kick was a thing that we were supposed to see reworks building into the game.  All I see is samey cheap tactics and general irrelevance, mitigated only by repetative spamming.  I'm not even sure if that was supposed to refer to the enemies or to us.

The only way forward from this point is to either massively increase the universe (the part we interact with, quests and locations etc.), or to ACTUALLY break out of the old model and see interesting enemies, strange and facinating places, along with powerful characters to explore them.  Archwing was a good step in the right direction, but it really only matters if you take more than just ONE STEP (poor Archwing needs content BADLY).

I'm beginning to question the nature of the unlimited enemy missions.  I love them, but they do trivialize the foes.  This is an issue because trivial enemies are not difficult, so people clamor for greater difficulty, which in turn leads to cheap enemy tactics and a gradual trivialization of the Warframes.  Volt has been an excellent case study in this issue.

Until Warframe sees more reworking AS AN ENTIRE GAME Volt will not have a chance to be what we want, I fear.  I don't know if DE will try to find a better model for gameplay before the point of no return, when we all begin flocking to whatever else has come out and does what we wanted from this game, but better.

Now I'm gonna stop glooming at people and go back to stalking Deathclaws with an anti-tank rifle.

18 hours ago, Dante123pl said:

i still dont get what was this whole volt rework for it just did literally nothing:

-movable shield that you cant use due to energy drain its like this ability doesnt exist

-discharge is even more dangerous to use than overload cause i have no idea how long the stun ill last due to dmg cap

If ever there was a simple, concise feedback post on how DE could invest minimal time for maximum impact with 2 simple changes, here it is.

6 hours ago, Cytobel said:

I've been off doing other things than Warframe, and I'm suprised how good it feels.

There are no real reasons to play once you've basically done just about everything.  Go figure.  We really needed more content some time ago.

I don't know what to say here that hasn't been said already.  We asked for a rework until DE finally did it, and all we saw was sidegrades or downgrades.  Electric Shield is now limited in number and far more of a risk to use if you're at all attached to your main gun, Overload became Discharge while STILL not being particularly viable end-game (outside of a basically non-damage stun to Grineer), and Speed is still king.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had assumed that this whole "engaging gameplay" kick was a thing that we were supposed to see reworks building into the game.  All I see is samey cheap tactics and general irrelevance, mitigated only by repetative spamming.  I'm not even sure if that was supposed to refer to the enemies or to us.

The only way forward from this point is to either massively increase the universe (the part we interact with, quests and locations etc.), or to ACTUALLY break out of the old model and see interesting enemies, strange and facinating places, along with powerful characters to explore them.  Archwing was a good step in the right direction, but it really only matters if you take more than just ONE STEP (poor Archwing needs content BADLY).

I'm beginning to question the nature of the unlimited enemy missions.  I love them, but they do trivialize the foes.  This is an issue because trivial enemies are not difficult, so people clamor for greater difficulty, which in turn leads to cheap enemy tactics and a gradual trivialization of the Warframes.  Volt has been an excellent case study in this issue.

Until Warframe sees more reworking AS AN ENTIRE GAME Volt will not have a chance to be what we want, I fear.  I don't know if DE will try to find a better model for gameplay before the point of no return, when we all begin flocking to whatever else has come out and does what we wanted from this game, but better.

Now I'm gonna stop glooming at people and go back to stalking Deathclaws with an anti-tank rifle.

That really hits the nail on the head right there. +1 for that. 

I've been biding my time playing MWO for the past few weeks hoping volt would get fixed, since he's my favorite frame and right now I just can't work it with him.

3 minutes ago, Adder9 said:

That really hits the nail on the head right there. +1 for that. 

I've been biding my time playing MWO for the past few weeks hoping volt would get fixed, since he's my favorite frame and right now I just can't work it with him.

It stinks, were not getting any attention. All we know is that volt is still in a pretty bent up shape- Has been for years. I guess it really is R.I.P volt... So annyoing

4 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

It stinks, were not getting any attention. All we know is that volt is still in a pretty bent up shape- Has been for years. I guess it really is R.I.P volt... So annyoing

Volt is underpowered --> Volt has a small fan base --> Volt is seldom considered ---> Volt remains underpowered. ---> Return to step 1.

1 minute ago, Adder9 said:

Volt is underpowered --> Volt has a small fan base --> Volt is seldom considered ---> Volt remains underpowered. ---> Return to step 1.

Round and round it goes! where it stops? It never does! Silly, but accurate 

3 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

Round and round it goes! where it stops? It never does! Silly, but accurate 

Since volt isn't all that popular and isn't considered an end game frame, most people don't keep one around, thus, DE doesn't have much incentive to please his few fans. Everyone else just sits him on the shelf.

2 hours ago, Adder9 said:

Since volt isn't all that popular and isn't considered an end game frame, most people don't keep one around, thus, DE doesn't have much incentive to please his few fans. Everyone else just sits him on the shelf.

Why Volt is treated the way he is, part 1

You know that moment where a thread pops up, about a frame needing a nerf, or a buff, and people either defend it vehemently or light their torches and cry for it to burn, giving examples as how it is fine as is or completely broken, and generally go after each other's throats?

And the same people that would wish for one frame to be nerfed or buffed can be seen in other posts defending or tearing down other frames?

Certain frames avoid this light (Nova, ~Ash used to) while others are constantly in it (Ember~Saryn used to)

Iv been apart of this, and that's how I would sort of describe it. That's normally how it goes right? Or just me?

My thoughts are that the same exact thing happens at digital extremes...But the difference is we here don't actually have the ability to rework the frames.

Let me get to my point, not dev bashing.

It would be nice (in my little perfect world) if there were a team of 2 or 3 devs that really really liked the frame, and mained that frame and almost nothing else when playing warframe, and 1 reality checker to make sure nothing got too out of hand for a rework. Thatd be nice. You could even have 1 person working with 3 frames they really liked at max. And then they would use the input from the forums to fill in.

And maybe that's how it works? Or maybe there is a better way? But right now it just seems like certain frames recieve more attention than others, while the less important frames just get little gimmicks that should probably keep them relevant in game to the "popular" frames that most likely even have some favouritism going on at the office from the same exact people on every frame. That's what it feels like..Like these people just looked a volt and said "he's fine as is, but we see a few fans are displeased, so we will add new interactions with his abilities, but put limits on them to make sure they don't get out of hand" and then, "oh Ash, my uber best most favourite. frame, I'll put a slash proc increase on him as his passive, and his blade storm will never be touched." 

Skip to 3:35 for the important stuff.

Ash was also one of the first frames to have a complete set of augment mods for his frame, if not THE first.

And I could continue with Nova, who just jumped in line on the prime list because....what reason that was never explained?

So...yeahSalt.jpg

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Why Volt is treated the way he is, part 1

Reveal hidden contents

You know that moment where a thread pops up, about a frame needing a nerf, or a buff, and people either defend it vehemently or light their torches and cry for it to burn, giving examples as how it is fine as is or completely broken, and generally go after each other's throats?

And the same people that would wish for one frame to be nerfed or buffed can be seen in other posts defending or tearing down other frames?

Certain frames avoid this light (Nova, ~Ash used to) while others are constantly in it (Ember~Saryn used to)

Iv been apart of this, and that's how I would sort of describe it. That's normally how it goes right? Or just me?

My thoughts are that the same exact thing happens at digital extremes...But the difference is we here don't actually have the ability to rework the frames.

Let me get to my point, not dev bashing.

It would be nice (in my little perfect world) if there were a team of 2 or 3 devs that really really liked the frame, and mained that frame and almost nothing else when playing warframe, and 1 reality checker to make sure nothing got too out of hand for a rework. Thatd be nice. You could even have 1 person working with 3 frames they really liked at max. And then they would use the input from the forums to fill in.

And maybe that's how it works? Or maybe there is a better way? But right now it just seems like certain frames recieve more attention than others, while the less important frames just get little gimmicks that should probably keep them relevant in game to the "popular" frames that most likely even have some favouritism going on at the office from the same exact people on every frame. That's what it feels like..Like these people just looked a volt and said "he's fine as is, but we see a few fans are displeased, so we will add new interactions with his abilities, but put limits on them to make sure they don't get out of hand" and then, "oh Ash, my uber best most favourite. frame, I'll put a slash proc increase on him as his passive, and his blade storm will never be touched." 

Skip to 3:35 for the important stuff.

Ash was also one of the first frames to have a complete set of augment mods for his frame, if not THE first.

And I could continue with Nova, who just jumped in line on the prime list because....what reason that was never explained?

So...yeahSalt.jpg

All to true 

On 8/8/2016 at 1:05 AM, Dante123pl said:

because Volt never needs a rework except for overload change and roll back electricity so it will nullify aoe damage like it used to, he was great as he is, discharge is great change and thats it. some people really love what DE did to Volt. invulnerability on electric shield, recast speed, better CC on discharge which makes capacitance does great job, i hardly get max overshield with capacitance when 4 is still overload, even with max power strength. now i dont even need power strength to get max overshield with discharge. discharge can even stun any boss where Vauban can't, even Vauban can't do Sh*t on G3, i haven't try on Zanuka with Vauban, but Volt does stop Alad V and Zanuka with his discharge. haven't try stun lephantis tho.  

so just admit it that there is no way to satisfy everyone. i would hate it if Volt changed to something he is not.  if there is anything he needs, its combo on power like saryn to make his powers do more awesome things

Edited by FitzSimmons