Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

23 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

While Limbo is capable of stopping time he isn't capable of doubling the crit damage of his allies and increasing their reload/movement/attack speed.

And Volt abilities don't scale as Limbo's do, oh wait they do, his ult lasts less if there are more enemies.

Also 1000% damage multiplier.

And when do we get a decent passive?

Edited by giovanniluca

48 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

And Volt abilities don't scale as Limbo's do, oh wait they do, his ult lasts less if there are more enemies.

Also 1000% damage multiplier.

And when do we get a decent passive?

I would be very, very surprised if Limbo's scaling on his 4 didn't get nerfed. That said, he has no squad utility outside of that and actually forces squads to accommodate a certain playstyle whereas Volt provides Squadwide buffs that provide enhancements to all playstyle (increased attack speed benefits melee, reload speed and 2x crit damage on projectiles buffs gunplay, etc...)

Volt has the best party support kit among the defensive frames (Volt, Frost, Limbo) and by a absolutely massive margin at the cost of his Barrier not shielding a 360 degree radius.

30 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Volt has the best party support kit among the defensive frames (Volt, Frost, Limbo) and by a absolutely massive margin at the cost of his Barrier not shielding a 360 degree radius.

Frost and Limbo's defensive and offensive abilities are clearly superior. Frost removes armor and freezes the enemy preventing it from attacking, and with icy avalance augment makes even him and allies immune to CC on top of the better overshield it provides which is good against poison aura and flame eximus blasts which pass through Volt's shields, overshields scale with your warframe's shields while ice avalanche does not, add snow globe and we're done. Limbo cannot die and stops time, this is enough.

Edited by giovanniluca

12 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Frost and Limbo's defensive and offensive abilities are clearly superior. Frost removes armor and freezes the enemy preventing it from attacking, and with icy avalance augment makes even him and allies immune to CC on top of the better overshield it provides which is good against poison aura and flame eximus blasts which pass through Volt's shields, overshields scale with your warframe's shields while ice avalanche does not, add snow globe and we're done. I already covered Limbo.

Limbo will continue to be superior to most/all frames until his 4 is nerfed.

That said, should his 4 be nerfed his only form of offensive scaling is his Rift Torrent augment, which is inferior to Volt's squadwide double crit damage and speed buffs... though Limbo would remain superior defensively.

Frost removes armor at the cost of making frozen enemies immune to additional status effects. Also, in order to remove 100% of armor Frost needs a very high amount of power strength, which will hurt his efficiency (blind rage) and range (no overextended). Because of that, the augment for his 4, icy avalanche, is weird to build for. You want more range because you gaining shielding based on enemies hit, but you want strength because you get more shielding per enemy hit that way. Its also completely against the idea of Frost, who is trying to prevent damage from being dealt in the first place, not allow allies to take more damage. He would also need duration in order for the enemies to remain frozen for a decent amount of time, which further lowers his already low efficiency due to Blind Rage, basically requiring him to have a Trinity in the party in order to actually function. He also brings nothing offensively outside of that armor debuff which one could argue is actually a detriment to your squad due to it making enemies immune to status effects. Try placing a 4-spamming Frost in a group with Saryn and see how quickly the Saryn leaves the party.

Volt clearly has the advantage over the other 2 in terms of party support. Limbo doesn't buff party damage, he buffs self damage. Frost requires a strength build to make his armor debuff somewhat useful, but at the same time completely screws over status builds and frames.

Edited by Music4Therapy

1 hour ago, Music4Therapy said:

double crit damage

That only happens if the squad uses crit chance weapons. 

Considering you have 160% power strenght on Volt you have 27% roload speed buff, which is negligible.

1 hour ago, Music4Therapy said:

Frost removes armor at the cost of making frozen enemies immune to additional status effects.

Source? And any reduction he brings would still be huge. A CP or 2 would be enough.

3 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

That only happens if the squad uses crit chance weapons. 

Considering you have 160% power strenght on Volt you have 27% roload speed buff, which is negligible.

Source? And any reduction he brings would still be huge. A CP or 2 would be enough.

1) Double crit chance is of huge benefit to the majority of weapons and of massive benefit to the weapons it's tailored towards. 

2) +27% reload speed isn't negligible. It's the difference between someone take 3 seconds to reload their Soma Prime (which is critting like a truck due to shield) and taking ~2.2 secs to reload. A weapon taking 2 seconds to reload taking ~1.4 seconds.

3) My own eyes is my source. If you apply a status effect to a target and then freeze them with his 4, that status effect will not wear off. However, you are not capable of placing anymore on the target. This is massively detrimental to status builds and status frames such as Saryn. Whatever the reduction is, it doesn't make up losing access to status effects. Frost's 4 should only be used in the most dire of situations, such as if for some reason a squadmates dies and you need to buy time for a revive.

8 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

3) My own eyes is my source. If you apply a status effect to a target and then freeze them with his 4, that status effect will not wear off. However, you are not capable of placing anymore on the target. This is massively detrimental to status builds and status frames such as Saryn. Whatever the reduction is, it doesn't make up losing access to status effects

The only status Saryn applies is Viral and Toxin and Frost applies Freeze Cold and a stronger Corrosive, what else do you need?

And I never noticed that status prevention nor it is written on the wiki.

Edited by giovanniluca

On 4/8/2017 at 5:56 AM, Music4Therapy said:

Volt and then Limbo are actually my 2 favorite frames and they actually have a lot in common. That said, I do not agree that Volt is a terrible frame and would actually argue that he is top tier.

Why is Volt top tier and an awesome addition to any squad?

1) He is one of only 4 frames in the game that is capable of protecting his squad/defense objective from an infinite amount of damage. Because of this, Volt, Frost, Limbo, and to an extent Atlas are a valuable asset to any team.

2) Of those frames mentioned all have wide range hard CC that comes with consequences:

Volt: His 4 ends prematurely when reaching the damage cap.

Limbo: His 2 ends prematurely when reaching the projectile cap.

Frost: His 4 prevents himself and allies from applying status effects to frozen enemies.

Atlas: Takes time to turn enemies to stone and prevents the use of his abilties/weapons.

3) All the frames serve a specific niche within their role of squad/objective defender.

Volt: Has the best buffs. 2x crit multiplier, 60% additional damage per shield applied as electric damage, his Shock Trooper augment, Squadwide Overshields from his 4's augment, and Speed.

Limbo: AoE offensive scaling based on enemy health.

Atlas: Incredible raw damage scaling.

Frost: Most defensively oriented with all of his slowing effects.

As you can see, Atlas is very much outclassed kit-wise in comparison to other defense frames and falls behind offensively in comparison to other damage frames which is why I believe he is the least used frame.

4) With all that said, I feel as though Volt is in a very strong position in Warframe and very well balanced. Through his infinite defensive scaling, cc, and great party support he brings so much to any squad he joins and is AMAZING in solo play. I always bring Volt Prime in as my frame when I run survival missions. He can camp better than any other frame in the game. His ability to move his shields to prevent them from being destroyed by nullifier bubbles while simultaneously maintaining his invincibility puts him in a class of his own and I love the rework.

you say infinite defense like its not a tiny flat shield, i get you're trying to be positive about volt, his kit is decent, but feels very separated. did you know if you pick up his shield you also get a speed debuff and a reduction to jump/bullet jumping? his kit punishes itself, and that just feels backward. last time i checked electricity didn't have that much weight to it

14 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

This.

Honestly I'm quite happy with the rest of Volt's kit, but the fact that his 4 becomes completely unreliable when used on large groups of enemies, the time when you would want to use it, totally breaks him for me. This is just arse backwards and should absolutely be fixed.

Can we at least all agree on that?

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)CarpeNoctem365 said:

yeah, frozen and petrified targets are immune to status

Even then if they are Frozen(Cold included) with reduced armor what's the use of having other status inflicted on them?  The only worthy statuses are Corrosive which is stronger from Frost, any cc status is useless because they can't move anyway and radiation has no sense because if they can't move they also can't attack. The only worthy are Magnetic, that does not really matter because cold damage is gonna blow shields anyway and Viral which is infested only.

31 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Even then if they are Frozen(Cold included) with reduced armor what's the use of having other status inflicted on them?  The only worthy statuses are Corrosive which is stronger from Frost, any cc status is useless because they can't move anyway and radiation has no sense because if they can't move they also can't attack. The only worthy are Magnetic, that does not really matter because cold damage is gonna blow shields anyway and Viral which is infested only.

What other statuses are of use...? Slash? Finisher damage is always great. Gas? Scales with crit and can deal large amounts of damage. Viral? Cutting a targets health in half is infested only? Radiation pointless? You do know that applying radiation to an enemy causes it to no longer buff or receive buffs from its allies right? This is important vs the infested in particular and other units as well. A frozen disruptor can still apply its aura to allies. You are just pulling stuff out of a hat at this point.

3 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

their armor is only stripped by his four, chilling globe and his one don't strip armor they just freeze them

You can extend the duration of the freeze and armor stripping with his 1 if you have used avalanche first and his snow globe freezes onl if you use the augment.

Can we return on how Volt sucks? This is not a how Frost works post, it was just mentined to show how Volt is underwhelming.

Edited by giovanniluca

I feel as though the damage cap should be removed or changed. It makes him far too useless at high levels especially when shields are involved. You'll reach the cap taking out corpus shields before you finish the animation lol. 

Following that thought, I would like to mention how bonkers the shift is for damage from some electric sources.  I've seen a red crit 7 from my Amprex only to be followed in the next moment by a yellow crit 35K.

I sort of like the random damage feel that gives, even if I'm only seeing part of what's going on.  I kind of wish Electricity had that somewhat random damage effect as part of what it is, but this is a thought about the element more than Volt.  It would be of assistance though.

I recently had to tell someone that getting Volt is a bad idea again (of course, I explained how tight the modding is and what Primed mods he uses to do what I do), and another little slice of my soul died.  I like the fact that I've got a broad spread of utility across multiple scenarios, but there is a point at which I feel like players look at what I'm doing and think the 'Frame is just solid, rather than seeing me as being skilled and having a deep mod pool.  After at LEAST 600 hours of Volt playtime I know I'm comfortable with him, and I know his capabilities.

Edited by Cytobel

2 hours ago, Cytobel said:

I recently had to tell someone that getting Volt is a bad idea again

Considering how terrible his base stats are as not primed and even as primed the 100 armor on a low health frame is not much of a buff since he has high shields, however the max power helps a lot, now if only he had a passive.

9 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Considering how terrible his base stats are as not primed and even as primed the 100 armor on a low health frame is not much of a buff since he has high shields, however the max power helps a lot, now if only he had a passive.

@(PS4)CaptainIMalik Quick Thinking scales with armor mitigation, so the armor boost from 15 to 100 in addition to the energy boost from 100 to 200 was massive. 

15 armor = 4.76% damage reduction

100 armor = 25% damage reduction

The EHP of Volt Prime is many times that of Volt. Volt Prime is an absolute massive buff over regular Volt, I do believe Volt should be brought up more in line with the prime version.

Edited by Music4Therapy

The thing with a quick thinking build is that if you get a magnetic proc you're most likely dead.Also you're most likely to use rage and there we go with 2 mod slots and modding is already hell.

And without quick thinking/extra health bleeding/poison are going to kill you anyway.

Edited by giovanniluca

Im back here i guess...

List of stupidity: i think its stupid that an enemy knocked down while tesla coiled will still get back up and then start shaking again. They should just stay down....

I think volts passive and synergies are stupid, siad it all before. 

And if you havnt fought a thunderbird in horizon zeron dawn yet, you havnt seen how much fail volt really brings to the table.

3 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

Passive and synergies are negligible.

Are they?

When for example, electrical explosions actaully exist in the game already in the form of grineer arc traps, but instead of that, they chose to use a miniature version of the animation they used for banshees sound quake and call it an "explosion"?

But actually i just came by to see what you guys where up to, i just log on and off warframe for the daily attendance rewards....i have nothing new to add because they have changed nothing and it feels like its been months since the last update to ps4 warframe. Also, there is no other frame i wish to invest that same amount of time into, epsecially if it will just be nerfed and given horrible excuses for synergies and a unnoticeable passive with stupid limitations sprinkled throughout the whole kit. Cus i could go on again how vanilla volt still shows as my most played frame at 21 percent, and i threw him away when volt prime came out who is my second most played frame at 12%, but stats arent going to budge if you never play the game and theyve been like that since the rework...

Personal problems. Ill just sit back in silence amd watch the conversations.