Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

On 7/21/2016 at 1:41 PM, Siolith said:

For Excal review:

Honestly, after the first rework and the "exca turret mode" , i've never use it's ult because i saw too much of them using it brainlessy (idk if it's the right word)

After this change and few tests, this is the same way for me, still too much "turret mode".

For a kind of "melee ultimate": that's my idea:

Increase the range of the melee attack, and remove the permanent waves everytime.

Add the energy waves in charged attack or in some attack in the melee combo stance.

I like this one.

• 2 weeks later...

The more changes come to Excalibur, the less I like the direction it is heading.

I never understand why Excalibur got the EB with waves. If they want him to be a melee frame there are myriads ways to do so. With EB, they just opened up a can of worms, which DE is patching over and over again.  They created a ranged frame (which they try to fix with damage fall off), made all melee weapons cosmetic (most people use EB), made Excalibur completely one sided (I have yet to see one not moded for EB). There were wonderful suggestions in this thread, pick one, most of them are better then the current mess.

I personally have no problems kicking out EB for another power.

6 hours ago, MichaelSD said:

(I have yet to see one not moded for EB). There were wonderful suggestions in this thread, pick one, most of them are better then the current mess.

I personally have no problems kicking out EB for another power.

I am one of those dumbs who never modded BUDDY for EB actually tbh. I like him so much that sometimes my soul cries out loud for his current state. People massively and immensely abused him that now some people even refuse to play with him alongside. He was so balanced except for his puncture damage bleedout problem for which he needs a massive armor buff so that people can take him to end game levels.

Not suggesting but my request is to

# REMOVE EB from his power table (as it's the most controversial part) and add a completely different melee base power (no turreting)

# Remove the tiny & absurd slide blind as we already have Blind or make it functioning only while channeling or increase it's effectivity and range for least effective results.

# Increase his base armor and resistance to puncture damage to make him more effective in the end game.

# His current passive should work with all melee without any exception of weapon selection and not only speed but also extra damage to be added with just like LESION passive.

Noobs still abuse his EB even after the nerf rework which I have found so disturbing as this is the only reason he got nerfed reworked for.

Hope DE will listen to the community once again perform an overall revision to our BUDDY but not nerfing it to announce it dead officially

Edited by AhmadIYE

5 hours ago, AhmadIYE said:

I am one of those dumbs who never modded BUDDY for EB actually tbh. I like him so much that sometimes my soul cries out loud for his current state. People massively and immensely abused him that now some people even refuse to play with him alongside. He was so balanced except for his puncture damage bleedout problem for which he needs a massive armor buff so that people can take him to end game levels.

Not suggesting but my request is to

# REMOVE EB from his power table (as it's the most controversial part) and add a completely different melee base power (no turreting)

# Remove the tiny & absurd slide blind as we already have Blind or make it functioning only while channeling or increase it's effectivity and range for least effective results.

# Increase his base armor and resistance to puncture damage to make him more effective in the end game.

# His current passive should work with all melee without any exception of weapon selection and not only speed but also extra damage to be added with just like LESION passive.

Noobs still abuse his EB even after the nerf rework which I have found so disturbing as this is the only reason he got nerfed reworked for.

Hope DE will listen to the community once again perform an overall revision to our BUDDY but not nerfing it to announce it dead officially

Again I have to ask someone else to not request that a characters entire ability be chopped and butchered for superficial reasons such as not liking how other players are using them. Excalibur exalted blade is a huge part of who he is and takes a lot of work fine tuning to get that perfect synergistic feeling one would get when they find an affinity for an actual sword, Excalibur's form and elegance with a devastating, ravenous blade able to hit enemies from a distance until you get up close to deliver the ending swipe, you're asking to take away something other players even by your account, seem to be having fun with. And as for your beginning statements, Excalibur can go late game, he can go further than others my if arsenal to the point where if I have a sortie I'm choosing him. Please have patience with your warframes, this whole asking to drastically change a fan favourite ability based on personal spite towards it needs to stop, please. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

Again I have to ask someone else to not request that a characters entire ability be chopped and butchered for superficial reasons such as not liking how other players are using them. Excalibur exalted blade is a huge part of who he is and takes a lot of work fine tuning to get that perfect synergistic feeling one would get when they find an affinity for an actual sword, Excalibur's form and elegance with a devastating, ravenous blade able to hit enemies from a distance until you get up close to deliver the ending swipe, you're asking to take away something other players even by your account, seem to be having fun with. And as for your beginning statements, Excalibur can go late game, he can go further than others my if arsenal to the point where if I have a sortie I'm choosing him. Please have patience with your warframes, this whole asking to drastically change a fan favourite ability based on personal spite towards it needs to stop, please. 

You have gone and taken me totally wrong in there. I'm tired of watching people and posts against Excal-EB, the removing request I made was out of rage but sensibly because only then people (a majority) will stop insulting this frame and its abilities. I personally not a fond of EB but love to throw some waves only when STALKER UNCLE shows up or in any such events. Amongst all those complaining people you found me to reply such a nice feedback with!!! whether there a lots of people out there who deserve this kind of feedbacks. You cant change or stop things rather nerfing and reworking will continue. Excalibur is my favorite and most played frame just beside Frosty and I still spend lots of time for remodding and decorating him. BTW, when you said you bring him to sorties it really surprised me and do wanna know how effectively you built him (PM me if you wish to help). Currently I modded him with Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, Vitality with naramon or zenurik (as needed) for duration-finisher base build.

May Buddy Excalibur regains his lost honor.

10 hours ago, AhmadIYE said:

You have gone and taken me totally wrong in there. I'm tired of watching people and posts against Excal-EB, the removing request I made was out of rage but sensibly because only then people (a majority) will stop insulting this frame and its abilities. I personally not a fond of EB but love to throw some waves only when STALKER UNCLE shows up or in any such events. Amongst all those complaining people you found me to reply such a nice feedback with!!! whether there a lots of people out there who deserve this kind of feedbacks. You cant change or stop things rather nerfing and reworking will continue. Excalibur is my favorite and most played frame just beside Frosty and I still spend lots of time for remodding and decorating him. BTW, when you said you bring him to sorties it really surprised me and do wanna know how effectively you built him (PM me if you wish to help). Currently I modded him with Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, Vitality with naramon or zenurik (as needed) for duration-finisher base build.

May Buddy Excalibur regains his lost honor.

A radial blind player is rare to find. Good one my friend. Considering how you play excalibur and frost, two of the best well rounded frames in game, I expect you to like frames like loki, nova, and maybe even atlas. Well rounded frames. On to the topic at hand, i didn't mind EB being the way it was because it was very directional and turret mode really isn't fun for me no matter how effective it is. If DE wanted to remove turret mode, they should've made it so that he cannot stand still for long, like maybe an function where the blades push him back when he's not moving forward. If it's too late to have something like that, then maybe keep the damage fall off, but make it affected by range, so that damage falls off further with more range mods. 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:35 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

This megathread will be used to host your discussions regarding the recent Excalibur ability changes in Update 18.13:

Please be respectful and keep your feedback constructive. Thank you! 

My only criticism(s) of Exalted Blade is (are) that my power efficiency and duration mods (and possibly strength, although I haven't looked at that) don't seem to take effect on Exalted Blade's spinning radial blind. Spinning radial blind takes two times the energy (or around that) of the standard radial blind ability since my Excalibur has 175% efficiency. It's a bit annoying since I can't use my spin attack with Exalted Blade at all. Also, channeling while in Exalted Blade mode will take into account channeling efficiency mods while in melee range, but the waves seem to take more energy than even the standard 5 energy cost for channeling upon a successful strike, even though I have maxed 80% channeling efficiency on my melee weapon, so the cost should be 1 energy per successful hit.

Edited by Daggerpaw1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

A radial blind player is rare to find. Good one my friend. Considering how you play excalibur and frost, two of the best well rounded frames in game, I expect you to like frames like loki, nova, and maybe even atlas. Well rounded frames. On to the topic at hand, i didn't mind EB being the way it was because it was very directional and turret mode really isn't fun for me no matter how effective it is. If DE wanted to remove turret mode, they should've made it so that he cannot stand still for long, like maybe an function where the blades push him back when he's not moving forward. If it's too late to have something like that, then maybe keep the damage fall off, but make it affected by range, so that damage falls off further with more range mods. 

I use my Excalibur with radial blind in survival sorties, and his radial blind allows me to one hit kill pretty much anything except for lv100+ Napalms while in exalted blade mode with my Nikana Prime equipped as a melee weapon.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

A radial blind player is rare to find. Good one my friend.

Thanks mate. I usually play with weapons rather than frame powers. RB has always been my key support to kill-survive and EB was just in-case you know, badly needed. Despite 2 armor mods he often starts bleeding badly in the mid end game levels which is why I surprised to hear you bring him to sorties.

I expect you to like frames like loki, nova, and maybe even atlas.

Aahh Loki you say!! He is such a thing and I keep him off the hit list because he just fits in everywhere. Whenever, I get confused what to take, I go with Loki. Dont know but I dont get along with Nova that much but Atlas I have some plan with as current times are for farming Nyx and Plats (very rare thing to achieve now a days as people have everything to sell but nothing to buy), I farmed Atlas solo and the system took me like around 20 hours non-stop golem killing in the first session and 4 hours in the second session of the second day and then I got the piece of sh.t. In my very next 'nothing to do anything' time I will start with Atlas.

On to the topic at hand, i didn't mind EB being the way it was because it was very directional and turret mode really isn't fun for me no matter how effective it is. If DE wanted to remove turret mode, they should've made it so that he cannot stand still for long, like maybe an function where the blades push him back when he's not moving forward. If it's too late to have something like that, then maybe keep the damage fall off, but make it affected by range, so that damage falls off further with more range mods.

There were/are actually lots of not so complicated things available to be done with Excalibur-Eb. My thoughts are 1. A simple short duration and cooldown mode, you use it wisely and keep it stored for the time you need it the most. 2. Waves are only available when you are channeling then people will be charged with more energy costs for greater damage without any need of extra drainage as channeling will do the thing. 2.1 In non-channeling mode you get a stance to use for the exalted sword (no waves) and melee enemies up-close like a true swordsman. 2.2 No tiny-absurd slide blinding unless duration-range is increased or only available while channeling. 3. Excal's passive should work with all melee types including other melee weapons besides just swords/rapiers/nikanas. 4. The main thing, His armor must be buffed along with increasing the resistance to puncture damage as he starts bleeding so easily after awhile.

Majority of people disturbingly requested DE to nerf Excal-EB so that noobs or intentionally its not kept on running all around the tileset slicing everything and thats why I wanted it to be replaced with something else which may revive excals mass use with deserving honor.

Edited by AhmadIYE

@[DE]Danielle Hi, Hope you are doing great. Tagging you here to remind you and request you for a comment on the feedbacks we've given so far on Excalibur Revision here but seems officials are pretty much busy with other things. Please let us know if you guys are onto something and a possible rework is under consideration for Excalibur. We really and badly need some reworks here. Below are some of my suggestions for your reference

1. A simple short duration (Effected by duration mods), cooldown mode (fixed timeout to stop spamming) and range can also be cut short for less turreting keeping the EB damage nature as it used to be before current rework, Tenno will use it wisely and keep it stored for the time its needed the most.

2. Waves are only available while channeling then people will be charged with more energy costs for greater damage without any need of extra drainage as channeling will do the thing.

2.1 In non-channeling mode you get a stance to use for the exalted sword (no waves) and melee enemies up-close like a true swordsman.

2.2 Remove tiny-absurd slide blinding unless duration & range is increased or only available while channeling. We already have RB so removing would be nice.

3. Excal's passive should work with all melee types including other melee weapons besides just swords/rapiers/nikanas.

4. The main thing, His armor must be buffed along with increasing the resistance to puncture damage as he starts bleeding so easily after awhile.

Awaiting your precious response in this matter.

Edited by AhmadIYE

If the Nekros feedback page ends up looking like this one I think I may not play this game. It seems all people wanted was the energy cost on slide attacks gone and DE said "Go f**k yourselves". The energy cost is still a problem for slide attacks. This post has been here for months and entirely ignored. DE is currently NOT listening anymore. Same with Volt damage cap on his ultimate. Why have a duration based ability with a damage cap? If the enemies hit the damage cap before duration expires it's a waste of energy anyway. DE you're failing us. 

Edited by (PS4)salovel1991

4 hours ago, AhmadIYE said:

Thanks mate. I usually play with weapons rather than frame powers. RB has always been my key support to kill-survive and EB was just in-case you know, badly needed. Despite 2 armor mods he often starts bleeding badly in the mid end game levels which is why I surprised to hear you bring him to sorties.

Aahh Loki you say!! He is such a thing and I keep him off the hit list because he just fits in everywhere. Whenever, I get confused what to take, I go with Loki. Dont know but I dont get along with Nova that much but Atlas I have some plan with as current times are for farming Nyx and Plats (very rare thing to achieve now a days as people have everything to sell but nothing to buy), I farmed Atlas solo and the system took me like around 20 hours non-stop golem killing in the first session and 4 hours in the second session of the second day and then I got the piece of sh.t. In my very next 'nothing to do anything' time I will start with Atlas.

There were/are actually lots of not so complicated things available to be done with Excalibur-Eb. My thoughts are 1. A simple short duration and cooldown mode, you use it wisely and keep it stored for the time you need it the most. 2. Waves are only available when you are channeling then people will be charged with more energy costs for greater damage without any need of extra drainage as channeling will do the thing. 2.1 In non-channeling mode you get a stance to use for the exalted sword (no waves) and melee enemies up-close like a true swordsman. 2.2 No tiny-absurd slide blinding unless duration-range is increased or only available while channeling. 3. Excal's passive should work with all melee types including other melee weapons besides just swords/rapiers/nikanas. 4. The main thing, His armor must be buffed along with increasing the resistance to puncture damage as he starts bleeding so easily after awhile.

Majority of people disturbingly requested DE to nerf Excal-EB so that noobs or intentionally its not kept on running all around the tileset slicing everything and thats why I wanted it to be replaced with something else which may revive excals mass use with deserving honor.

They put a deep dent in EB's status as a great and fun ult because of the huge nerf, which nerfs aren't bad, as long as they're reasonable. This was clearly not reasonable, because it basically removed a feature of the power without removing it, only making it a hinderence to the power. Now, you can't blind slide because of the cost, but you can't slide either because it will blind slide, which will cost, basically making EB even more of a stand still turret than before. Also, the damage will fall off really quickly, so basically you can only deal full damage up close, which means you will either get shred or need to blind because maneuverability in EB is limited.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Now, you can't blind slide because of the cost, but you can't slide either because it will blind slide, which will cost, basically making EB even more of a stand still turret than before. Also, the damage will fall off really quickly, so basically you can only deal full damage up close, which means you will either get shred or need to blind because maneuverability in EB is limited.

Every point is justified, truly exactly justified but missed only one thing in the end your armor is low so you get close to be a swordsman and become a squishman instead. Loved how you put so briefly.

4 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

If the Nekros feedback page ends up looking like this one I think I may not play this game. It seems all people wanted was the energy cost on slide attacks gone and DE said "Go f**k yourselves". The energy cost is still a problem for slide attacks. This post has been here for months and entirely ignored. DE is currently NOT listening anymore. Same with Volt damage cap on his ultimate. Why have a duration based ability with a damage cap? If the enemies hit the damage cap before duration expires it's a waste of energy anyway. DE you're failing us. 

That's because Volt and Excalibur time has passed and you'll likely see changed when they too are back on for review. Similar with Saryn who we know is suppose to be revieweb but nothing has happened yet.

On 8/11/2016 at 3:16 AM, AhmadIYE said:

You guys are seriously trying to fix something that isn't broken, I don't think you've tried enough with your Excaliburs if I'm being honest, hishe passive works on swords, it doesn't make sense for a warframe named Excalibur to have that passive for hammers or glaives. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

You guys are seriously trying to fix something that isn't broken, I don't think you've tried enough with your Excaliburs if I'm being honest, hishe passive works on swords, it doesn't make sense for a warframe named Excalibur to have that passive for hammers or glaives. 

Hammers, maybe not. I think Rhino should have that passive.
Glaive? TOTALLY!!! Dark Sector, Warframe's predecessor has a character called Hayden Tenno who wielded a Glaive and wore the Proto-Excalibur Skin. Glaive should be one of Excalibur's main weapons. 
Claws, No, that belongs to valkyr
Gunblades, eh no. Mesa's thing
Heavy Blade, maybe? Big sword in a swordsman's hands?
Polearms, yes, because it's description mentions it as a master's weapon. Who better to master a melee weapon than the swordsman himself?
Fists, Sparring, no, Atlas thing.
Sword and Whips, Yes, it's a unique sword that only a swordsman would know how to properly use.
Dagger/Dual Dagger, no. Ash's thing
Whips, eh more up Valkyr's kinky alley.
Staff, maybe? "Requires dedication to unlock this weapon's true potential" from tipedo codex
Scythes. Inaros or Nekros's thing
Sword and Shield, eh nah, Oberon's thing

22 hours ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

Dont wanna put an arguement here trust me, but may be yeah we haven't given enough for Excalibro if you think so. It was a suggestion for his passive to increase his utility but not a fixing point for a broken subject. Even Crixus cleared to mater in danm detail and I was there to point it out briefly. He is master of melee weapons & thats why given the title of Swordsman Ninja his passive should work with all melee weapons and thats how I think because I want people to use him more and more rather than treating like just some noob frame. I think I tried enough to make myself clear here. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

September and I'm still angry all the time that I get this stupid mini radial blind cost =S As pointed by many before, the only reason for it being there is the free cost cause the range were nonexistent in most of builds (even in radial blind build there is no reason for it). I've always considered the animation awkward for someone coming from a sliding move and it wouldn't hurt if you guys just plain remove it or give us an option to deactivate it like "in menu options".

I'm still wondering if Excal will receive another rework soon and I've no idea about how Devs intended it beginning but I imagine that as one of the starting frames which initially were like 8, he was and still is (even with ash's envious eyes-cry more after caduto skin :P) the franchise main swordmaster space ninja but ofc that in the past years the "ninja" reference kinda became just a reference to the parkour existent in-game and the ost. Honestly most of the frames haven't design, powers or anything besides the melee weapons that resemble ninjas but I understand that we're also space ninjas so this sort of thing is common in the vast space where a shotgun can be carried with the same love and respect as a katana and I'm not complaining about this cause it still have it's place in sci-fi genre but this also helped Excal to maybe deviate from his initial theme that turned him just the swordmaster with ninja parkour but from the space =o.

So considering both his design, powers and gameplay, I'd say that EB should instead of infinite waves should just give him the ability to be even more efficient and effective in his themed weapon. It could even give him some extended melee reach (nothing beyond the reach mod but way low like 5~10% just a noticeable increase but not much), more damage, melee speed, the auto block and the soo commented damage resistence could also be part of his ult or be his third power(will comment this in next paragraph), make his stance worth it and make it work with bloodrush+body count (which honestly should already be part of the melee system since its the only way to make melee weapons "competitive" against the ranged which besides the damage still got the range).

The third power could give the mentioned damage resistance, give him more movement speed(just some non-scalable), faster finisher animations(which ash should also have mainly after the teleport skill-some people like me does not like to use his 4-to-win build to autoplay the game content and prefer to do it manually with caution like ninjas should do the ninja stuff -.-) or anything besides his current javelin which obviously no one uses it.

Radial blind is fine but please this animation -.- make him crave his sword in the ground and the dust blinds the enemies or excal throws something in the air or the ground and blinds everyone, just anything besides "saying" hey guys I'm He-Man.

Slash dash... if someone still uses like me it is probably just for movement purposes(the only reason besides trespassing barriers =o are we supposed to be able to it by the way :o). It could have a broader usage if his augment were part of the mechanic as basically most of warframe's abilities not just him suffer from this. At least an augment mod slot should be considered for everyone =o but this is for another discussion.

Just another suggestion... instead of the animation of a new sword why can't we use our own swords when we bring one in the loadout which could enforce the use with maybe a cool glow effect. If I'm bringing a nikana, I want to use it for something besides just being a cosmetic item.

Wonder if the Devs still care about another Excal rework soo soon but hey at least thanks and so sorry if someone had the patience to read all of this =o

Edited by Azyrt
typos...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Removing the waves would make excalibur "ultimate" an ultimate fail in a world of guns as contrary to say valkyr or Inaros excalibur got no defensive powers at all (and radial blind line of sight is still malfunctioning!)

This, very much this.

RB is no substitute for damage resistance. EB Excalibur is not a melee frame anymore. But each of his own.