The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Actually Like Most of the Balance Changes

Blue_Robot

Yes, the new changes are pretty good, maybe they do need to have some small "tweaks" here and there, but I think that we can live with them.

Also, because on the last months DE tried to "balance" a little better the frames overall, I'd like to see the same determination on balancing on other stuff, like level scaling. With their armor, damage, aim, CC and all that good stuff that kinda "forces" players to go for the cheesy way when they get to the endgame, otherwhise they'll lose and that's it.

I mean that's only the tip of the iceberg, but I think that we do have to start to "dig" from somewhere, don't we?

1 hour ago, Ketec said:

You forget the part where you now take damage when  Hysteria  runs out - imagine high lvl survival/def - impossible to clear out the 20m area around you. A scrambus or eximus or nullifier or bursa etc comes - wipes energy/skill - you take full damage.

she already had that before. It's just that you might actually worry about it now.

10 minutes ago, Green_Alien said:

This.

It's awesome that DE is very conscious about frame balance, but enemy balance needs some tweaking too. For example, I still cannot find a good reason why null bubbles shrink at a fixed rate. 

They are already looking into it. The talk of damage 3.0 are not just rumors.

1 hour ago, Green_Alien said:

Thus Valkyr becomes a true berserker. Berserkers are usually high-risk classes in most games, and pre-update, there just wasn't any risk at all. Now you'll have to tactically decide on going "berserk" in different situations.

I'll admit that I did like mindlessly killing stuff as Valkyr, but I do feel like she does fit more into the Berserker roll now. So, when we in console land get the update I will be happy to test out her new balance.

3 minutes ago, cannonfodder1982 said:

played mag, thinks she broke now, most other threads show people think pretty much all the reworks are bad, wonder how long it took DE to come up with this crap. money and time well spent lol

I can't really comment because I have yet to play the reworks because I really only mostly play on PS4, but the Mesa and Volt reworks seem cool overall. I will admit that the Volt shield seems semi-gimmicky to me, but it is what it is...And from what I read Valkyr does seem a little more balanced...

1 hour ago, gluih said:

she already had that before. It's just that you might actually worry about it now.

It would be fair if it got affected by power range. Because forcing a 20M suicide bubble on us is not fun.

i love the rebalancing patch, but like really they overdid it too much

excal spin blind cost too much, i better cast radial blind instead.

valkyr hysteria deactivation range should make like 5m, 20m waaaayyy to huge.

Almost none of these nerfs were needed. All of them are the wrong direction for WF to take. These abilities were FINE.

The problem was and still is the energy that fuels them. Endless energy is the problem. 99%DR for 30 seconds is fine, as long as you can't chain them forever. Same with blind and hysteria. The powers themselves fit perfectly with the 4 (ultimate) power of the frame. The problem lies squarely with the "ultimate" power being spammed like the 1 power.  Awesome, very powerful skills are what 4s shoudl be, just without the endless energy.

EV is the power that needed the nerf (and pizzas, and zenurik). With energy back to being a commodity and having to choose when is the best time for blind, or 99% DR, or what not, then DE could balance enemies and frames.

Nerfing all powers down to level 1 powers because all powers can be used at will and ignore energy (along with necessitating the wonky mechanics of nullifiers and shock eximus, etc) is the wrong way to balance warframe. This is a ominous direction for the game to take. They are sapping the fun out of the powers by nerfing them rather than restricting their use to occasional/tactical. There is a reason why most games give you more ammo for your pistol than your RPG... Endless RPG ammo is usually a cheat.  DE is solving the problem by making RPGs hit as hard as pistol ammo....

Being able to spam 4 for a reduced result doesn't result in good tactics or good gameplay. Your choice is still obvious - spam your best power as often as possible. All this "balance" does is make you change frames or change the power you are spamming. You should have to choose when to use those powers, or whether to bring 4 Siphons for more power for 4 CPs and give up the power (or to bring a trin with a very nerfed EV or a 4th damaging frame) etc. This is the least fun way to balance frames. I don't have high hopes for the game in the coming 6 months given the obvious blindspot the devs seem to have on the root causes of the problems. I'm certainly not spending additional money on it until I see where the nerf train ends and if the fix the root causes.

Edit - actually the hysteria nerf part 1 is fine and fits with making sure you can't have endless invulnerability, since it is only affected by energy pickups and that was enough to stay in forever,  the cost had to go up).

Edited by Shockwave-

15 hours ago, Momo93 said:

It would be fair if it got affected by power range. Because forcing a 20M suicide bubble on us is not fun.

My valkyrs hysteria says it has 5 meter range.

I'm not 100% sure that this is the range that no enemy has to stand in to make sure you don't take damage and I don't know if it shows the wrong number. In the end I don't think it will be too hard to adjust to this.

This also gives us a reason to go with an all around good melee build, that doesn't just focus on hysteria and I like it.

14 hours ago, gluih said:

My valkyrs hysteria says it has 5 meter range.

I'm not 100% sure that this is the range that no enemy has to stand in to make sure you don't take damage and I don't know if it shows the wrong number. In the end I don't think it will be too hard to adjust to this.

This also gives us a reason to go with an all around good melee build, that doesn't just focus on hysteria and I like it.

20m is quite a lot - it should be at least "line of sight" enemies.

Cleaning out 20m area in a survival or defense is often quite impossible without spamframes.
Bursas or other "special" units can wipe energy or block skills often at a distance and unannounced - you cant prepare for it.

There is too many energy drain based enemies (like disruptions also buff drain to other nearby infested).

Perhaps a feature where the "damage absorbed" also goes down when you deal damage - if you become inactive and just tank, you fail - actively killing can keep the damage low.