The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Semi-Confirmed] 4V4 Pvp, Straight From Scott's Beard!

Lumireaver

This is good. The only thing they need now is to let the players choose which zone or map they want to go(Some kind of holographic generator), then the map generator does all the work. Weapons, Powers, Melee, Random Maps, Custom Rules and High-Velocity PvP should be a great addition to this game without touching the PvE aspect.

Looking at the gaming market, I notice a whole bunch of games that are all about PVP, and not too many that are about co-op PVE. That there market for PVP games seems a mite bit over saturated, dontcha think?

Also, "lowest common denominator" isn't referring to the number of people asking for PVP content in a PVE game, it's referring more to the kind of people that ask for PVP in a PVE game.

If history still has a knack for repeating itself, then it will.

Your bias is unfounded. Many types of people like competition and this does not always lead to disaster. Players will always find a way to compete and doing so makes them happy. Where's the problem in introducing an alternate game-mode that does not affect the balance of PvE in any way?

I think the problem here is the kind of people that think making others happy will always mean they are less happy. It's just selfish.

PvP in this game would be absolutely nothing like COD. What are you smoking? I want some!

Ok, Team Fortress in Space. Same difference.

Take a PvE game and turn it PvP. Make it all focused on leaderboards and 'MY EPEEN IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!' and 'YOU GOT GANKED!' and 'I am 30 lvls higher than you so nobody else had a chance to even play', 'I can kill you before you even can MOVE and its GREAT! What a challenging game!'

Sure. Why not?

Well... Maybe because NOT everyone LIKES PvP? *GASP* The horror...

Edited by Kalenath

Take a PvE game and turn it PvP. Make it all focused on leaderboards and 'MY EPEEN IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!' and 'YOU GOT GANKED!' and 'I am 30 lvls higher than you so nobody else had a chance to even play', 'I can kill you before you even can MOVE and its GREAT! What a challenging game!'

Sure. Why not?

I'm sorry you feel this way. I don't think it would be too much like TF2 or COD. They don't have Warframes with abilities.

Sure. Why not?

Not thinking out side the box. Try Efno's Team Survival from back in Warcraft 3.

Also Epeen is every where and doesn't need PvP. *points at Mass Effect MP forums* they were regularly slapping each other with them.

Again with this PvP??

I can not imagine when warframe ps4 will be released for the forum will be flooded with post for PvP.

Which is why you should try to find a solution that pleases both sides. Like some form of PvEvP a la Warcraft 3 custom maps. Definitely one of my favorite PvEvP style map was hero line wars, basically a modified endless defense:

Your bias is unfounded.

About as unfounded as that statement, I'd reckon.

Where's the problem in introducing an alternate game-mode that does not affect the balance of PvE in any way?

Read all of the posts in the thread, not just the ones you immediately agree with.

I think the problem here is the kind of people that think making others happy will always mean they are less happy. It's just selfish.

D'awww, is that some Strawman? That's pretty adorable.

Me, seriously. PvP can be fun.

@Blatantfool. The idea is not boring, it's only your perception. Your opinions aren't facts. There's a crowd out there that desire PvP and devs acknowledges it.

Casual PvP can be healthy for a PvE (farm) game. Only people who have their heads buried in prejudices make it look bad.

I guess one of the things people think about more than anything else for PvP in a solely PvE game is the balancing. I've seen time and time again in dojo battles that stun/stagger weapons normally win 1v1 duels. But that becomes less of a problem when more people are involved in the PvP. I guess that if this is considered seriously we'll see lots of balance changes happening to weapons that would otherwise be overlooked in a solely PvE experience.

Sure. Why not?

This game has mechanics that don't even come close similar to being to TF2 or CoD.

And I'm curious where people keep getting the idea that the focus will change.

Edited by FatalX7