Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Mesa's peacemaker

Chromatrescu

Question

So i am just looked on the Wiki and seeing that Mesa's peacemaker damage depends on Hornet Strike + Lethal Torrent to increase the damage

But there are 2 question i want to discuss that :

Is peacemaker depends on crit mods ( Pistol Gambit + Target Cracker ) or status mods ?

Is peacemaker depends on base damage from your pistol and crit chance / crit mutliplier from it ? ( i am currently using V.Marelok instead of Lex P because it does help me with decent amount of Punture damage + Health proc )

Thanks if you do answering this question ^^

19 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Peacemaker damage is increased from Secondary mods (no event or syndicate mods). The base damage is set, it doesn't matter what secondary you use.

^incredible wrong, i tested alot of secondarys i had, and with lex prime i do 10-20k crits and can kill a 130 Heavy gunner in about 4s

Questions like this are why:

1. DE should give detailed explanations of frame/weapon updates instead of us waiting for Wiki to figure it out, and
  2. We need a detailed combat log in the chat window so we can clearly see how our mods are affecting damage

7 minutes ago, tizodd said:

1. DE should give detailed explanations of frame/weapon updates instead of us waiting for Wiki to figure it out, and

DE will never do that. Sadly.

Edited by Trichouette

1 hour ago, tizodd said:

1. DE should give detailed explanations of frame/weapon updates instead of us waiting for Wiki to figure it out

Think this should be applied to prime drop locations too? The wiki for Vauban Prime was pretty heptic in the early stages.

Also anyone know the Regulators (Peacemaker guns) new stats? I think the wiki still has the old stats...

7 hours ago, Noey140 said:

^incredible wrong, i tested alot of secondarys i had, and with lex prime i do 10-20k crits and can kill a 130 Heavy gunner in about 4s

Which is interesting me , because i used my V.Marelok which is only lose 5-10% damage from Lex Prime [ 4K - 18K per 4s in LV.100 Corrupted Bombards ] [ 4.5K - 18.4K per 4s in LV100 Heavy Gunners ] 

4 hours ago, LittleRiot.Teemo said:

Which is interesting me , because i used my V.Marelok which is only lose 5-10% damage from Lex Prime [ 4K - 18K per 4s in LV.100 Corrupted Bombards ] [ 4.5K - 18.4K per 4s in LV100 Heavy Gunners ] 

Vaykor Marelok primarily deals Impact-damage, while Lex primarily deals Punchthrough-damage... I guess that explains why Lex P performs better against Grineer (damage-wise, as impact-weapons can cause lifesaving staggers).

47 minutes ago, RedEyedRaven said:

Vaykor Marelok primarily deals Impact-damage, while Lex primarily deals Punchthrough-damage... I guess that explains why Lex P performs better against Grineer (damage-wise, as impact-weapons can cause lifesaving staggers).

But as I understand it shouldn't work with the secundary base damage but with the mod it has. So even if you have the crapiest secundary if you have the same mods as you would with a lex p or marelok vaykor it should do the same damage. Or am I wrong? Isn't that the way ivara 4 or excalibur exaltex blade works?

Edited by Cryostasisprotoss

1 hour ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:

But as I understand it shouldn't work with the secundary base damage but with the mod it has. So even if you have the crapiest secundary if you have the same mods as you would with a lex p or marelok vaykor it should do the same damage. Or am I wrong? Isn't that the way ivara 4 or excalibur exaltex blade works?

It works the same as Exals Exalted Blade, Valkyrs claws, ext as they are all Exalted weapons.

They have their own stats and are only boosted by weapon mods minus syndicate and weapon specific mods.

8 hours ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:

But as I understand it shouldn't work with the secundary base damage but with the mod it has.

You mod a Lex prime for crit, punchthrough damage and corrosive.

You mod a Marelok for crit, corrosive and impact/slash. Or you go full elemental.

Thus, the piecemaker would be stronger against the heavy armored target with the Lex build. Due to the more optimal mods and due to the high crit-chance. To find out where exactly the performance-gap of the OP and the Lex-Prime post originate, we'd need to know the exact builds of the two examples though, which is why I'm going by assumption of optimal builds according to the weapons stated.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Just now, RedEyedRaven said:

You mod a Lex prime for crit, punchthrough damage and corrosive.

You mod a Marelok for crit, corrosive and impact/slash. Or you go full elemental.

Thus, the piecemaker would be stronger against the heavy armored target with the Lex build.

Yeah I understand that, the way to mod certain weapons is understandable. What confused me was that the ones above saying that peacemaker do more damage with one weapon that the other when thats not true. As I said lets say I won't ever use a secundary in a mission and I have an atomos with crit mods and elemntal even punch~through, peacemaker would still do the same damage if you mod a lex prime the same way, the only difference would be that atomos modded like that would be crap in comparison to the lex p.

2 minutes ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:

Yeah I understand that, the way to mod certain weapons is understandable. What confused me was that the ones above saying that peacemaker do more damage with one weapon that the other when thats not true. As I said lets say I won't ever use a secundary in a mission and I have an atomos with crit mods and elemntal even punch~through, peacemaker would still do the same damage if you mod a lex prime the same way, the only difference would be that atomos modded like that would be crap in comparison to the lex p.

OP stated that his *crits* were lower. May be we both misunderstood and one player was using primed crit-mods while the other one used the regular ones. That *might* explain it.

22 hours ago, Noey140 said:

Ok I tried this last night and there is almost NO difference between damage and the weapon I used.

I tried weapons that were less base damage than the Lex Prime and weapons that were twice the base damage and there was almost no difference.

So as far as I can tell it's the base damage of the regulators and secondary mods ONLY.

8 hours ago, DxAdder said:

Ok I tried this last night and there is almost NO difference between damage and the weapon I used.

I tried weapons that were less base damage than the Lex Prime and weapons that were twice the base damage and there was almost no difference.

So as far as I can tell it's the base damage of the regulators and secondary mods ONLY.

Which is why people are saying look at Hysteria and Eblade. The same mechanics. Anyone saying otherwise just didn't realize that or hasn't got a clue.