Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So how exactly does the mod slots MR increase work?

Voltage

Question

I am MR 21, and when I forma a weapon it is Rank 0 with 21 slots (42 when potatoed), here is my question.

When my weapon is rank 9, is it at 30 mod capacity (60 potatoed)

OR

When my weapon reaches rank 22 do I get 1 extra slot (2 if potatoed)?

If it is option 2, then DE is saying that we need to grind 2/3 of the weapon for no reason, just to then be able to add more mods.

4 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, -CM-Voltage said:

When my weapon reaches rank 22 do I get 1 extra slot (2 if potatoed)?

Thats how it works now, the moment your weapon's rank exceed your MR the weapon starts to gain mod capacity!

8 minutes ago, -CM-Voltage said:

If it is option 2, then DE is saying that we need to grind 2/3 of the weapon for no reason, just to then be able to add more mods.

Only now it's faster, because you can use the weapon (to an extent) in actual missions which means the affinity you gain by using is doubled! 

Not bad at all but indeed better than before!

I think DE chose to make the ranking system this way cause if they remade the ranking system so that a weapons level was determined by mastery rank, it would have effectively prevented special weapons or syndicate weapons from being traded due to the fact that they need to be:

1: Unranked

2. NO potato

So ultimately i think this was better and while we do have to grind more xp just to gain more mod capacity, it still allows players to trade syndicate/special weapons.