Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quanta/Vandal, Ignis, Synapse, Amprex, Glaxion, Flux Rifle, Phage or Convectrix?

(PSN)AssaulterInMe25

Question

10 answers to this question

In my opinion I would use combustion beam on the Quanta or Phage due to the lack of ammo consumption compared to the other weapons that's listed, which burns moderate-hefty amounts. (unless you decrease the fire rate or add an ammo mutation mod). 

Edited by (PS4)black_viper21

if you're only interested in Combustion Beam, then you want Continuous Weapons that hit as many Enemies at once as possible.

Ignis is the most likely candidate. Amprex would also work quite well.
Quanta Series could be quite effective if the Secondary Fire still activates it (which i presume it does).

I haven't done any comparisons between Synapse and Flux Rifle (no potatoes), so I can't speak to those. And I have a personal distaste for Phage. The visual effect just looks gross to me.

What I can tell you is Convectrix is awful. It has decent status chance, but if that's what you're after, Quanta, Ignis and Glaxion do it better. I sunk three forma into the thing and it still struggled to kill enemies over lv20. Waste of an inventory space, and waste of awesome potential... Loved the concept so much. Super disappointing.

Ignis loses its killing potential at fairly low level, so Combustion Beam is useless on it. But it has good status chance, so you might score more frequent kills by adding viral. Glaxion is sorta in the same boat, but without the wall penetration.

Amprex, Phage and Quanta are your best bet for Combustion Beam. They all have serious killing potential. Amprex requires a lot of forma, though, so be prepared to put the work in. It's beastly when modded right. Phage and Quanta/Vandal require less investment and have better ammo maintenance.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

Ignis with combeam completely destroys in early to late/mid games, later with Ember's Accelerant. For late games, proper usage of the Quanta V would be the most bang out of your buck but by then, combeam's unscaling damage won't be worth slotting as much as a 90% or a 60/60 element mod.

Amprex is sort of in the middle but the ammo consumption and how the extra electricity just tickles at endgame is what would make me advice against it.

Phage is also good but the Ignis can certainly do much better in early games.

Edited by TheLocalHentai

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

if you're only interested in Combustion Beam, then you want Continuous Weapons that hit as many Enemies at once as possible.

Ignis is the most likely candidate. Amprex would also work quite well.
Quanta Series could be quite effective if the Secondary Fire still activates it (which i presume it does).

It does, and with punch through the secondary fire will go through mobs before exploding (causing damage while doing so). More fun with split chamber, but can be annoying if you are trying to explode the cube (but better regardless as it doesn't explode on contact).

Quanta V has an amazing status chance and took my ignis' place for every tileset I'm not rushing for medallions or storage lockers (any tilesets the innate punch through isn't necessary basically). Pinpoint accuracy for headshots, amazing ammo efficiency even with fire rate increase and the option for explosions pretty much at will. Punch through with massive status is just gravy for packs of enemies lined up.

Edited by Wopel