The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls dont choose and use Frost if you cant keep your bubble up all the time in the first 20 waves!

G4d0

39 minutes ago, HEVCaliber said:

Fair enough. How about this:

Don't choose Frost if ALL you can do is spamming globes all over the place, keeping your teammates from shooting the enemies. If you see a Vauban in an infestation mission then just let him handle the pod. Your 4 is there for a reason.

On the italic part:  No

31 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

^ So much this! The only thing globe does is make people lazy and reliant.

Unless you're running with friends or clan there's no way to be sure they will or make them do theirs, so it's your job as frost to do the work of others don't. He's a frame that comes with a certain responsibility in certain scenarios and if you don't want that don't play him on those Mission's. You can do the globe and other things, it's not hard to do and he's very good frame for doing it and doesn't take much to be good at it.

Edited by Echoa

52 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

At least they should put the patchnote on the launcher for EACH patch/hotfix, or in the lil useless console that talks about prime access and such in the liset

I think they changed the "build notes" section in the launcher to include hotfixes.

Good reason to use Limbo? At least you don't get the "blocked shot" thing going on if you're trying to snipe across the globe.

But seriously, Frost's globes DO stack. Simply recast a few times and with a bang and a flash, it'll tank sortie 3s no problem. It's nearly impossible to not keep the globe up for the first 20 waves.

Frost can protect the cryopod and run around to pick things up.  Everyone has to pick things up on occasion right?  So yes you can leave the cryopod, its the timing of leaving thats important. When you leave, do it during a lull in the action and make sure there are no immediate incoming threats to the cryopod.   A good frost will keep an eye on his bubble over the cryopod along with the cryopods heath.  As a final alarm, if you happen to be far away and all of a sudden see the cryopod shield indicator tick down, get your azz back to the cryopod.

And a lot of you are talking about the bubble going down.  In my experience of running T4 defense to 40 waves, the bubble rarely goes down if you just refresh it a couple of times every time you are at the cryopod. 

54 minutes ago, HEVCaliber said:

Fair enough. How about this:

Don't choose Frost if ALL you can do is spamming globes all over the place, keeping your teammates from shooting the enemies. If you see a Vauban in an infestation mission then just let him handle the pod. Your 4 is there for a reason.

Or your 2 with Impedence.

...or even your 1.

Here lately I've been maining Frost and love it. I run the survival missions and ask the others I'm with where they want me to set the globe up. I'll set the globe up and go hold a choke point myself in the early stages of the mission. I'll come back to refresh it once I see its getting low (at around 15 I head back to it).

i took my frost  into sortie 3  Protected the excavators and the players having trinity there so i can cast my 4th and kill with it but also 21000 globe health helps to..

And the 4 of us worked as a team and that there is the answer to all things on this game if u find people u play with well then u work as a team and get the job done with ease..And who gets the most kills isnt really important its the team work..

Edited by zNightWolfz

For a frost in defend, all I expect you to do is stay with the obj and pop bubbles where the rest of us do damage control. Just like a defend or a goalie in soccer. As an ev trin I tell them to frikkin be liberal with the globes, if you thinks its been some time, just drop another. But nope, the bubble goes out and the frost is busy elsewhere.

1 hour ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Not as bad as when a player puts a bubble up with the clear intent to play defensively... only to hike it over to the spawn door and sit there camping while a bunch of other enemies invade from the other spawn doors.

Oh, huh... Nice strategy to spice things up a little! Huehuehuehue Thanks.

1 hour ago, G4d0 said:

If you cant keep the bubble up in the 1st 20 waves, pls dont choose frost choose other frame instead. Dont just cast your bubble once and think ok i'm done my job. Thanks!

You need Snowglobe for the first 20 waves? Git gud.

Just now, YourCuteSister said:

You need team for the first 100 waves? Git gud.

Reveal hidden contents

Or buy some plutin...

Well, no, I usually solo stuff with Ivara sleep arrows, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. The point is 20 and out even on T4 is so under-tuned you don't need any particular team composition, just people paying attention. Past 20 in T4, sure maybe start bring Frost and Trinity.

1 hour ago, trieuazn0 said:

as a common, t4 Defence Frost player, i just want to say.

if the Frost is using a black or dark energy Colour, they most likely don't know if the bubble is up or not. Just remind us forst players to slap one up again

Thats way you use bright Pink colour energy

5 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Well, no, I usually solo stuff with Ivara sleep arrows, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. The point is 20 and out even on T4 is so under-tuned you don't need any particular team composition, just people paying attention. Past 20 in T4, sure maybe start bring Frost and Trinity.

Funny that SA wasn't nerfed still. Solo T4 Int all the day!

1 hour ago, Machayna said:

I understand what you're saying but I also don't like to lock frames into a specific role unless specified before.  For instance if a trin joins a group some people immediately assume an EV build but I love running a link build.  With frost I have a bubble build but I primarily play his CC icewave build.  Just because someone isn't playing "the meta" doesn't mean they're doing it wrong.  However if you brought a frost with and the frost understood his job was to keep that bubble up then yeah.....I completely understand.

I also take a Link build, people think it's EV because they get energy...

On topic: I think there should be another frame that can handle such a job in defense. Frost is the best, or even only, option to take for a defense because his defenses affect large areas from both melee and bullets, unlike Vauban who can defend from melee and barely bullets.
Volt and Limbo can also cover stuff from bullets, but we all know and agree that Frost is way better.

Once again, we need another frame with defensive abilities like Frost.

1 minute ago, YourCuteSister said:

Funny that SA wasn't nerfed still. Solo T4 Int all the day!

It kinda was actually, Sleep Arrows have diminishing returns when kept on the same targets now, so you need to kill targets or your SA will last 1/10th the normal duration. Not a problem for Defense soloing which is tied to enemy spawns, but MD and Int are on timers so that's tougher.

4 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

I also take a Link build, people think it's EV because they get energy...

On topic: I think there should be another frame that can handle such a job in defense. Frost is the best, or even only, option to take for a defense because his defenses affect large areas from both melee and bullets, unlike Vauban who can defend from melee and barely bullets.
Volt and Limbo can also cover stuff from bullets, but we all know and agree that Frost is way better.

Once again, we need another frame with defensive abilities like Frost.

here is a better idea, how about defensive buffs, overshield, and heals work on the cryopod