The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn feels weak - Thoughts?

V31L

8 minutes ago, V31L said:

an update on that, i actually was testing since the time i posted this with all the different builds i could find. she still feels weak TO ME xD

lets say for example excal at close range dealt 10k damage to a level 100 bombard with one hit, if saryn can deal thats same amount of damage over lets say 5 seconds that would be a perfect situation for me. 

with the other tests i did till now i can see how strong is the dot damage from spores and miasma tops it off with a bit more damage. doesnt feel that useless anymore xD

Saryn's problem is she needs to be played a VERY specific way and then she soars, generating obnoxious damage for herself and making. enemies easier for her team. forget effficiency. use max range, high power strength, and roughly neutral duration. forget every other ability. press 1 to win. have some sort of fast fire rate aoe weapon to spread it like crazy. concealed explosives throwing weapons spreads the spores faster but gas ignis will abuse the toxic spreading power of the spores to greater affect. Your damage will never be instantaneous above lvl 40. Full corrosive projection squads are advisable for full spore damage but not necessary. Solo play will be harder cause the mobs will be spread out enough it will be difficult to spread your spores.

I understand why you might not like it, and saryn definitely performs less well as a solo player, but saying saryn is bad is a sad saaaaaaad joke

1 minute ago, Jakorak said:

Saryn's problem is she needs to be played a VERY specific way and then she soars, generating obnoxious damage for herself and making. enemies easier for her team. forget effficiency. use max range, high power strength, and roughly neutral duration. forget every other ability. press 1 to win. have some sort of fast fire rate aoe weapon to spread it like crazy. concealed explosives throwing weapons spreads the spores faster but gas ignis will abuse the toxic spreading power of the spores to greater affect. Your damage will never be instantaneous above lvl 40. Full corrosive projection squads are advisable for full spore damage but not necessary. Solo play will be harder cause the mobs will be spread out enough it will be difficult to spread your spores.

I understand why you might not like it, and saryn definitely performs less well as a solo player, but saying saryn is bad is a sad saaaaaaad joke

thanks for your constructive comment. im gonna say this again, this is just my opinion based on my play style, nothing more nothing less.

Wow... I can't even take this topic seriously. It's almost like you're tittle is made on purpose to piss people off, how childish and degrading...

I'll humor you, here's what you need:

Take a hikou with concealed explosives, a high range saryn and cast spores then shoot at that genral direction.

Best range cover DoT frame I've ever played. Nova, excal, ash, Ember... none comapre to the range potential of a plague Saryn... So far so that she's the best frame to rush through void defense, wiping eariler round in under a minute each...

22 minutes ago, V31L said:

what im trying to say is that im a solo player so i tend to judge the frame on the level of power i can get with it without a squad. i know im taking it a bit too far putting my self against 5 10 20 level 110+ bombards but i can use other frames like the ones i mentioned above and i can roll through any amount of any level of any type on enemy. gonna say this again FOR ME she feels weak as a solo frame against high level enemies while other frames are just really powerful. 

Now, hear me out, but this is your problem.

Warframe is not a solo game, you can play through most of the star-chart like that, but you can't play the end-game content and expect to get very far without a squad that's communicating and balanced with each other.

In my experience, and I'm not the most high-level player, but I do run with them and do know how they make the game work for them, no frame is able to solo high-level content for more than, say, an hour or so in t4. We held competitions for just that purpose to give out prizes to those who could post screen-shots of their runs that out-lasted the rest. Longest I've ever seen was an hour forty-five with a very specific exploit build that doesn't exist anymore. You run out of ability to kill things fast enough to keep the life support going, or you get to the point where they can strip your frame down too quickly to survive the little encounters where you have to tank just a bit to keep your kill-count going. You run out of ability to protect a pod, or to bring down the high-priority targets like the Ancients so the other mobs can be killed quicker...

Solo frames always run out of one thing or the other, if not damage, then survivability or cc.

Teams can combo for days by picking the strengths of other frames and making sure that your weaknesses are covered. A squad built around Saryn can last into the hundreds of waves on Defense, or into the three hour mark on Survival, because they're able to exploit her DoT and procs to best effect, keep her alive, feed her energy and reap the rewards all at the same time.

Warframe was not designed to access all the best content solo. You're missing out on a whole lot of fun and interactivity by limiting yourself like that.

4 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Wow... I can't even take this topic seriously. It's almost like you're tittle is made on purpose to piss people off, how childish and degrading...

I'll humor you, here's what you need:

Take a hikou with concealed explosives, a high range saryn and cast spores then shoot at that genral direction.

Best range cover DoT frame I've ever played. Nova, excal, ash, Ember... none comapre to the range potential of a plague Saryn... So far so that she's the best frame to rush through void defense, wiping eariler round in under a minute each...

i really believe that some people dont understand plain english. i said it like 5 times through this thread, THIS IS MY GOD DAMN OPINION BASED ON MY PLAY STYLE, there is no intention of pissing of people or whatever you think it is. if you wanna be useful just leave your constructive comment without being salty about my opinion. thanks anws 

When I use Saryn in Sorties I use Miasma regularly and enemies just die, I dunno what is your problem. Perhaps, it's how thee game present the damage that is looks less (but in reality is a lot) or perhaps you have duration under the 100%. That definitely kills the potential of the ultimate.

7 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Now, hear me out, but this is your problem.

Warframe is not a solo game, you can play through most of the star-chart like that, but you can't play the end-game content and expect to get very far without a squad that's communicating and balanced with each other.

In my experience, and I'm not the most high-level player, but I do run with them and do know how they make the game work for them, no frame is able to solo high-level content for more than, say, an hour or so in t4. We held competitions for just that purpose to give out prizes to those who could post screen-shots of their runs that out-lasted the rest. Longest I've ever seen was an hour forty-five with a very specific exploit build that doesn't exist anymore. You run out of ability to kill things fast enough to keep the life support going, or you get to the point where they can strip your frame down too quickly to survive the little encounters where you have to tank just a bit to keep your kill-count going. You run out of ability to protect a pod, or to bring down the high-priority targets like the Ancients so the other mobs can be killed quicker...

Solo frames always run out of one thing or the other, if not damage, then survivability or cc.

Teams can combo for days by picking the strengths of other frames and making sure that your weaknesses are covered. A squad built around Saryn can last into the hundreds of waves on Defense, or into the three hour mark on Survival, because they're able to exploit her DoT and procs to best effect, keep her alive, feed her energy and reap the rewards all at the same time.

Warframe was not designed to access all the best content solo. You're missing out on a whole lot of fun and interactivity by limiting yourself like that.

i understand you pretty well. i have my share of team play in warframe and actually it is more fun than going solo. im not ignoring all of that, but the fact is FOR ME she will just feel a bit weaker than other frames on some things and a bit better at others. thanks for your feedback, much appreciated :)

3 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Am I the only one here who mains a SarynP and built her as a swordswoman instead of a plague bearer?

To a certain extent, if you aren't using the plague bearing aspects of Saryn, you're not using her to her full potential. But I do play Saryn as a swordsman. Although I think the more accurate way to describe this playstyle is battlemage. 

5 hours ago, V31L said:

The way i thought about us that her forth ability is basically an ultimate( like league of legend champs). So for me the ulti should be the most powerful.

If you combine your mods wisely and use all your abilities the 4th ability is an awesome Ulti. Powerful damage + the enemies are stunned. get gud

7 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

To a certain extent, if you aren't using the plague bearing aspects of Saryn, you're not using her to her full potential. But I do play Saryn as a swordsman. Although I think the more accurate way to describe this playstyle is battlemage. 

I do spore people if its one of those maps where you move constantly. But in most cases, I just use her a face-melting swordswoman by infecting a group with spores, nuke with Miasma, then poke everyone to death with Toxic Lash (assuming anyone survived getting their faces corroded off).

If I decide to use my Naramon passives:

Edited by Alma_Elma

8 hours ago, Roachester said:

Who the heck told you Saryn was a DPS frame?

It's all about the DoT. Spread those Spores like the freaking plague. When you're under heavy fire, throw out a Molt to get a brief moment of relief. Whip out Toxic Lash for a little extra insult to injury. You shouldn't be using Miasma as anything more than a finishing touch of sorts. Trying to build specifically for her 4th ability is a huge waste of both time and energy.

This guy knows how Sayrn is suppose to be played. 

I play Saryn strictly as a buffer. As much Power Strength and Duration as I can have along with Venom Dose. That setup makes Toxic Lash in particular pretty effective as well. In addition to buffing my usual partner, I can also use it on my Sentinel.

2 hours ago, UltimateGrr said:

So Miasma would cast from Molt's location?  I can dig it.  Still want a channeled Toxic Lash though.

Nah man, molt gets detonated by misama. Destroying a molt like this allready extends miasamas range in a way :9

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

52 minutes ago, V31L said:

i really believe that some people dont understand plain english. i said it like 5 times through this thread, THIS IS MY GOD DAMN OPINION BASED ON MY PLAY STYLE, there is no intention of pissing of people or whatever you think it is. if you wanna be useful just leave your constructive comment without being salty about my opinion. thanks anws 

Just a thought, if you changed your title to "Saryn is weak in my opinion" or something else along those lines, you might not get so much salt.  However some people cannot be pleased.

1 hour ago, Alma_Elma said:

Am I the only one here who mains a SarynP and built her as a swordswoman instead of a plague bearer?

You can play her like that but I feel she isn't really tanky enough to go full melee in high-level missions.

2 hours ago, V31L said:

"I decided to play Saryn in a bad way and therefore she is bad !"

7 hours ago, V31L said:

Ok go ahead and put saryn against 5 level 110 bombards and what damage will she do. Then go ahead and try one of these frames exca, mesa, ash, wukong, valkyr, magnetize mag, even frost with enough power strength can strip all armor and deal so much damage. Im talkinf about kinda end game content and end game for me is level 110+ bombards or heavy gunners. For the record ive never had a saryn with that toped the damage i did when im playing my best frames.

Against 5 she will do less damage then excal.

Against 20 she will do more.

Saryn is the queen of spread damage, the more enemies there are the more damage she does. She can cause devestating chain reactions of bursting spores that outdps anything else i have seen in this game so far.

Edited by CrudShuzKong