Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis or Vectis Prime?

[DE]Momaw

Question

Most prime weapons are just straight up better than their non prime counterparts, but in this case, the more I look into the more I have to wonder.

Vectis prime

• significantly more base damage (325 versus 225)
  • can shoot twice before reloading

Vectis

• combo counter starts on the first hit when you're using split chamber, meaning that in practical terms your first hit is actually 225*1.5 = 337.5 damage
  • single shot allows efficient use of Charged Chamber
  • lower scope magnification (3x versus 4x), more convenient for general shooting

11 answers to this question

Vectis prime. The scope increase isn't enough to make it unusable in closer quarters. Charged chamber is a worthless mod in reality. "Better" damage type on vectis prime for armored targets (iirc). The split chamber thing applies to vectis prime too... I'm like 90% sure. There's no real downsides to it.

Charged Chamber on Vectis Prime is still better than on Vectis, (just because of stats).

Lower scope is more disadvantage (specially on NM LoR if you use it to shoot down drones).

Can't say about combos.

My personal preference is the standard Vectis because of the lower zoom. It makes working in close quarters much easier and I tend to score way more head shots even at long ranges with it vs. higher zoom rifles. Also, I'm not a big fan of the bling on Prime stuff.

Vectis Prime has the better stats. Charged Chamber won't make up for it in Vectis (Primed Chamber will; Obviously you don't have it, but don't fret, a Primed Charged Chamber will be coming hopefully). I say, Vectis Prime, since that's the one that will be useful all round. Unless of course, you're a Sniper Fanatic, in which case get both and test them out for your own preferences. 

Never had problems with Vectis Prime improved zoom, so I guess it isn't really a matter. 

Vectis Prime has still a greater bonus damaged when taking aim (15-20% against 10-15% of Vectis) and with three shots and Slip Chamber, you already get a 50% bonus damage, and if you have shred, you can easily achieve this with one shot.

So, I guess they don't have much differences, I still prefer the Prime Version because it looks better, 

At first, I was hesitant to touch the Vectis Prime, having mastered the manual-reloading-after-each-shot technique for insane fire rate.

I have since come to prefer the Prime version. Sure, you lose out on one or two things, but it's overall a better weapon.

Vanilla Vectis for me.

Maybe because I'm used to the one-shot mechanics.

And putting Depleted Reload on Vectis Prime is totally a waste.

I can still do 1-million-damage with Vectis, and that's already good enough to deal with most of the situations in the game.