Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good damage dealing Warframe?

IllumiMahdi

Question

Hey guys, just thought I'd ask a question.

What's a fun to play, damage dealing Warframe that you won't get bored of?

If there are none of that category, tell me a Warframe that is just generally fun to play. :) 

((I'm kind of at a burnout stage in Warframe (and also in other things) right now, and I just want to have fun. :P))

Also add me on Warframe please! I don't really have that many people to play with, and this community is great, so hop on when you feel like it. I'll be on in a few seconds, hit me up, my username is IllumiMahdi.

Edited by IllumiMahdi
forgot to add that we should play sometime :)

15 answers to this question

for fun and damage...

build Ash with his fatal teleport mod and high efficiency. I use skana with the purity mod for health regen. Its like an interactive bladestorm. (I took it a step further and bound mouse1 as the teleport so i could spam it easy(no guns equipped!)).

or

build Saryn for duration and some range. use naramon's invisibility with a crit-build tipido. then go crazy with toxic lash+spores.

Nova is what you're looking for IMO.

Her 4 applies a strong slow, makes affected enemies take increased damage and enemies killed while affected asplode dealing damage in an area.

By playing around with mods you can make her #4 focus on various aspects. Make enemies very very slow all over the map, or make lots of enemies asplode in a massive chain reaction where each enemy dying asplodes and kills more, which asplode and kill more... Last I checked you can still make a "speed nova" where your power strength goes below 100% and the enemies actually move faster, which is both hilarious and dangerous.

Her 2 is a guided bomb you shoot with your guns to charge up with damage. The % of damage absorbed is NOT affected by strength and the area of the explosion is NOT affected by range, so you can do whatever you want with her 4.

Damn...

Now I need to pull Nova down off the shelf and give her some play time myself.

5 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Nova is what you're looking for IMO.

Her 4 applies a strong slow, makes affected enemies take increased damage and enemies killed while affected asplode dealing damage in an area.

By playing around with mods you can make her #4 focus on various aspects. Make enemies very very slow all over the map, or make lots of enemies asplode in a massive chain reaction where each enemy dying asplodes and kills more, which asplode and kill more... Last I checked you can still make a "speed nova" where your power strength goes below 100% and the enemies actually move faster, which is both hilarious and dangerous.

Her 2 is a guided bomb you shoot with your guns to charge up with damage. The % of damage absorbed is NOT affected by strength and the area of the explosion is NOT affected by range, so you can do whatever you want with her 4.

This

Keep in mind though, nova is a seriously squshiy frame. Be careful when using her.

Flat out damage though? Ash or Saryn.

Edited by PoisonHD

My main frames or go to frame are Frost, Ash, Trinity, and Saryn.

As for mass damage and mix builds I go for Frost and Saryn.

Ash takes skill but if you are a melee user this is my go to frame and can build up a mass Melee combo and just spam blade storm and have infinite invisibility with Trickery, Smoke Bombs, and naromon focus with the right melee in hands you are pretty much unstoppable. Seeing a swarm of enemies across the map you can blade storm them there or tele to them for even more fun.

As far as Saryn combo build with her 1 and 4. Depending on the weapons you have things get fun but can clear maps with her still. You can build a mix and make her a tank as well so you can run long missions. 

Frost has so many builds and can get in for loads of damage as well as explosive damage. Ice procs kill/weaken shields with all of his abilities and with a giant bubble can ragdoll a large group of enemies against the wall or even off maps. Can even build him for CC. With the right amount of range and powerstrength you can clear corpus maps with ease. 

Now a high Power EV build on Trinity can get you a lot of kills and its 1/2 combo can insta-kill unless they patched that. But the EV bypasses shields and gets to health. Also the moon Sentiants can't gain resistance to EV whcih will help you kill them with ease. 

Also Mesa is another but takes skill with her new buffs.

With me being a melee user I recommend on using the Prisma Dual Cleavers. With body Count, Weeping Wounds, and Bloodrush with a decent idk stat and the Blind justice mod and a berserker with red crits after combo 2.5 almost 100% of the time and constent toxic procs with 100 percent due to weeping wounds good with Syran and Ash and Naromon. Only melee with both 25 on crit and stat

Edited by (PS4)arkain07

so, you want damage?

equip mirage witha hall of mirros build (max duration and power strength) with any AoE weapon, and you'll wipe all enemies before those ash mains even begin bladestorm.

Not sure about saryn, because i haven't play with her in my squad, but in a 40wave T3/T4 defense i usually deal 60-70% of the damage, no matter the 4spammers.

You still have to shoot tho - if you just want to press a button, try something else

I highly recommend Saryn. Her visible damage is somewhat of a joke but the dps is off the charts.

Her main tool are spores which resonate with poison. You can eather use her with a ranged setup (mainly using the spores and spore dbuffs by themselfes) or as melee frame with very potent additional damage (lash=x% additional toxic damage+ guaranteed poison procc)

Her playstyle consists of stacking radial damage and strategic traps while your spores go bonkers all over the place.

She kinda works best with a constant stream of enemys but feel free to use her for anything. Halved health (viral status that comes with the spores) or in reality doubled damage is allways usefull!

Sorry, just an observation from a very new player here.  Basically, what I am seeing in this thread that is MANY different frames are considered fun and/or high damage by MANY different players.  It's almost like asking 20 people for their opinion, and getting 20 different answers.  Which tells me something that makes me happy, as a new player: most of the 'Frames I am looking forward to trying working towards can be really fun.  The issue is which to go for first and in what order.  And people, that is a great problem to have... ;)

Back to the OP:  I LOVE my new Frost!

Edited by DaBruuzer