Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most effective Vaykor Hek build?

(XBOX)This Is Pequod

Question

19 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, (XB1)This Is Pequod said:

My build is as follows; Primed Ravage, Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Charged Shell, Contagious Spread, Shell Shock, Breach Loader, and Blaze.

Shell Shock helps a lot with the high status, so that's great to keep, but you should definitely switch out breach loader. I'd go for blunderbuss as it will up the damage much more with higher crit numbers. The puncture damage from breach loader is nice, but unfortunately, even elemental mods outpreform it damage wise. Personally I go with shrapnel shot over shell shock, but either is fine depending on your preference for status and crit damage.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Shell Shock helps a lot with the high status, so that's great to keep, but you should definitely switch out breach loader. I'd go for blunderbuss as it will up the damage much more with higher crit numbers. The puncture damage from breach loader is nice, but unfortunately, even elemental mods outpreform it damage wise. Personally I go with shrapnel shot over shell shock, but either is fine depending on your preference for status and crit damage.

My preference is definitely status as everyone knows status put performs crit late game. So really the only think out of that would be to change Breach with Blunder.

Because of the way shotgun status works take off the dual stat mod. Only build for status when you can reach 100% before multi shot(Boar p and Strun W). Also breach loader gives less damage than an elemental or an acolyte crit mod so that mod is useless. Here is my Build as follows:

Primed Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blunderbuss

Primed Ravage

Laser Sight

Contagious Spread

Charged Shell

Last slot is for Blaze when your against infested. You can also switch the corrosive for viral and throw in blaze for a 4x CP build. Vs. Armor shrapnel shot out damages blaze

10 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Because of the way shotgun status works take off the dual stat mod. Only build for status when you can reach 100% before multi shot(Boar p and Strun W). Also breach loader gives less damage than an elemental or an acolyte crit mod so that mod is useless. Here is my Build as follows:

Primed Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blunderbuss

Primed Ravage

Laser Sight

Contagious Spread

Charged Shell

Last slot is for Blaze when your against infested. You can also switch the corrosive for viral and throw in blaze for a 4x CP build. Vs. Armor shrapnel shot out damages blaze

Edited by (XB1)This Is Pequod

15 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Primed Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blunderbuss

Primed Ravage

Laser Sight

Contagious Spread

Charged Shell

I used both builds, my build was killing far faster than this one personally. Tested in the Simulacrum.

23 hours ago, (XB1)This Is Pequod said:

My preference is definitely status as everyone knows status put performs crit late game. So really the only think out of that would be to change Breach with Blunder.

Ok, but be where that status on shotguns is kinda weird and doesn't always proc when you think it would. One test won't cut it, I personally go for status as well, which is why kohm is my favorite shotgun. High rate of fire, high damage, and high status chance? Yes please lol

8 hours ago, (XB1)This Is Pequod said:

I used both builds, my build was killing far faster than this one personally. Tested in the Simulacrum.

Full damage is better late game due to 4x cp anyway, and both calculations and in game testing show that shotgun puncture IPS mods are lacking. So no lol, and your lack of any proof just makes this moot. In my experience you either lied or some of your crit mods aren't maxed

Edited by OzoneSlayer

On 06/06/2016 at 9:49 AM, OzoneSlayer said:

Primed Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blunderbuss

Primed Ravage

Laser Sight

Contagious Spread

Charged Shell

This is the absolute best tip. Aside from that, you should aim for the head, this is a critical shotgun. 

10 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Full damage is better late game due to 4x cp anyway, and both calculations and in game testing show that shotgun puncture IPS mods are lacking. So no lol, and your lack of any proof just makes this moot. In my experience you either lied or some of your crit mods aren't maxed

I don't need to lie, I am more than willing to accept a better build. That's why I made this thread. I was just going off the enemies I tested on, which were various both in faction and level. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

This is the absolute best tip. Aside from that, you should aim for the head, this is a critical shotgun. 

I won't be running x4 CP. I am a solo player and I do a lot of in-clan competitions. So for that last mod spot which would be best equated? This build is already similar to mine, just looking for fine tuning at this point. The damage is amazing.

Edited by (XB1)This Is Pequod

My build for the Vaykor Hek is

• Accelerated Blast
  • Blaze
  • Blunderbuss
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Primed Point Blank
  • Primed Ravage
  • Seeking Fury (can't exactly prove superiority, but I prefer it to Seeking Force)
  • Charged Shell/Contagious Spread/Chilling Spread/Incendiary Coat (swap as needed for current enemies).

On 6/6/2016 at 6:20 AM, (XB1)This Is Pequod said:

this is the statement i really dont get (everyone knows is a bold claim) considering crit scales up to and beyond 100% to further increase dmg, status was king before the nerf of viral proc but that was a LONG time ago and the frequent use of CP makes status largely moot in most situations (not yours obviously). Crit depending on the weapon and chance can, vhek for instance, effectively increase 5.7x if you achieve 100% crit chance to all dmg, or in this case since you cant still somewhere in the ballpark of 1.5x+ more dmg. Status doesnt do that, and if it was thatd make my burston prime god mode for late game which it isnt simply because history ha proven and continues to do so that status falls flat while crit scales. This doesnt mean neglect status though as it is a compliment to crit, but a 50%+ status with all the crit chance you can pump into it is the most effective method of building VHek so as to give you good status and crit chance. 

Edited by Echoa

14 hours ago, (XB1)This Is Pequod said:

I won't be running x4 CP. I am a solo player and I do a lot of in-clan competitions. So for that last mod spot which would be best equated? This build is already similar to mine, just looking for fine tuning at this point. The damage is amazing.

I switch between seeking fury on game modes where enemies are clustered and blaze on modes like endless survival.

My tip is, always aim for the head with Vay Hek, specially if you are using laser sight.