Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe to start with

Najoxx

Question

Hi all,

I have been playing this game on and off for the past year, my first warframe is now lvl27 but i am board of it ( Excalibur i guess).

Yesterday i bought some plats and as much as i read on the forums that we should use plats for slots and cosmetics since we can farm warframes parts and weapons in game, i am still not convinced that this will make me stick as i hate grinding and long time farming...

Having said the above, i am looking to get Atlas as i find it cool and fitting my play style. 

I would appreciate your feedback if 1) atlas is a good choice, 2) if there more worthy packs to buy from other players / store and 3) how long would it take to farm atlas on my Excalibur? And finally 4) if i buy the atlas blueprint and parts from other players how much would that cost?

Thank you all in advance for your help

24 answers to this question

So.  Pretty much all Warframes are relatively easily farmable from bosses with any frame. 

The exception being some frames being tied to quests like Limbo, Mirage, and Chroma.  Mesa requires a quest and a farm.  Vauban comes from alerts. Banshee, Volt, Zephyr, and Wukong come from the Clan Dojo. Oberon drops randomly from eximus units. Ash drops randomly from Manics.  Ivara drops randomly from spy vaults. Nezha comes from sorties. 

Of all of these mentioned only Nezha can be purchased from other players, no other base Warframe can be purchased from other players or traded.

Atlas is another story.

The blueprint for Atlas comes from first a quest and a farm from the only Archwing boss in the game, Jordas Golem.  Jordas is in fact very easy to experienced Archwing players, but is a nightmare with low level Archwing gear.  The quest does not even trigger until you reach Eris, a high level infested planet. 

Basically, Atlas is going to be walled off to you for some time until you progress further in the game and have more frames and experience to be able to farm him yourself or find a group to farm with, or you buy him from the market with platinum. 

I would personally focus on unlocking more planets and bosses to get some other frames while using platinum to get more Warframe and weapon slots, getting most frames is relatively easy, and in the process of doing so you will acquire more mods to make all of your Warframes and weapons more powerful.

I like atlas and he can take a long time to attain, I personally would recommend Ivara in terms of usefulness in progressing.

Atlas will probably be way easier to buy than farm for a while not as versatile for a lot of the mission ahead for you imo.

Atlas has a specific Playstyle which shines : Melee combat.

His Passive is great for going deep because he is knockdown immune. 

His Landslide when built for Strength can do ridiculous amounts of damage if spammed non stop. 

The only Frames able to be bought from players are Primed Warframes. Depends if yu are willing to spend the extra plat for tiny stat buffs and polarities over the normal variants.

Most frames can be farmed on the star chart. Check Warframe wiki for information on bosses that drop frames parts.

Crafting Frames require A Chassis, Systems and Helmet to be built. 

Atlas CANNOT be traded. His blueprint drops from Final mission for the Jordas Precept quest. It will be hard if yu do not play Archwing and invest in Archwing. 

Additonal Info on Frame farming

Spoiler

Frames which are a hassle to farm are

-Atlas (If yu are excellent at Archwing, it will be easier than 123) 

-Equinox (Rng skewed, she takes 6 parts to make and they drop on random from Tyl Reagor)

-Saryn (New Kela is a hassle to farm. She used to be easy to farm when Kela was still a pushover boss node)

-Ash (RNG spawned units plus RNG drop rate makes him hard to farm)

-Booben (Vauban, an Alert based frame) 

Other than these I mentioned above, most are relatively easier to farm with some help or solo. 

1) atlas is not bad  at all, i really enjoy his abilities and his survivability
2) the only way more worthy to get plats is to wait for a -25% -50% or -75% discount or to make plat by selling things to other players
3) you can't buy atlas parts from players, atlas is not a prime frame and that means its parts cannot be traded, here's a link to wikipedia for atlas to let you know how to get these, it shouldnt be that long if you have access to these missions: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Atlas
4) as i said above, you can't buy atlas parts

Edited by cob_metallica

You cannot buy Atlas from Players. only prime parts and bps are treadable

But anyways i wouldn't recommend Atlas.

As a small suggestion, and as a start, go to Draco, do one or 2 games, you will end up leveling yr Excalibur to level 30 along with your weapons, , collecting all the parts of Oberon, (they drop like poring rain), buy the BP from the market for credits and save yr platinum.

farming atlas with excalibur wont be the problem, cause the final boss, and the one you gotta farm, needs archwing, so you'd better think of other frames to get first, since its hard to farm atlas with low tier gears, as for warframes to farm, i'd definitely recommend Rhino and Valkyr, they're fairly early to get, and it'll make early to mid level missions a piece of cake

The quest for Atlas begins automatically when you reach Eris. Unfortunately his blueprint is a reward for that quest so to get help acquiring him for free you'd need someone to blaze a trail across the solar system, node by node, to get you to Eris, run the quest line, and then farm the boss. AFAIK you can't get him any other way besides the quest and the market. Atlas is a neat frame that goes in a few directions. He's not a crucial tool in the toolbox for any particular mission type though. I'm not sure I could get behind buying him for plat unless you've got a lot. Like if you went Prime Access or something.

There are core frames that are much easier to get free where any high rank player can just run a boss with you six or seven times to get the parts... but even if you have all the raw materials already (you don't) it will then take days to actually craft in the foundry... 

If you just want variety in the short term both Volt and Loki are useful and sharp. They're only 75p in the market. That 75p price includes their own slots and reactors so the price for the frame itself ends up being next to nothing. They're not much like Atlas though.

If your heart is set on Atlas, I say don't be afraid to buy him. It's a waste of plat *for an experienced player,* but if you need Atlas to make the game fun then by all means do it.

Quitting the game and losing your money is worse than using the money you've already spent in a suboptimal manner.

Edited by ChronoEclipse

A quick thing before I get into my answer.

Most frames are NOT worth burning Platinum on.  Vauban, Mesa, any Quest-based frame, Nezha, and maybe Ivara are the only exceptions.

Thie being said, Atlas is a heavy brawler with some basic CC in his second ability, a decent status for a third, a 'HEY LOOK AT THIS' in his fourth, and he has a One Punch.  As in, his One is a Punch.  He's not the best at any of these, but the fact he can do this much is still fairly good.

You can only buy Prime frames and Nexha from others.

To even begin with Atlas, you need the following.

Reach Eris

Complete 'The Archeing' quest

Complete 'The Jordas Precept' quest

Farm parts off the J3 Golem

Build parts

Unleash the One Punch Frame

Atlas is moderately difficult to attain, given that the boss that drops his stuff is Archwing-only, but provided you're willing to get some Mods and wreck that ship, he's easily acquired sans Platinum.

Thank you all for those replies, this gives me a good idea on how to progress forward

@ChronoEclipse and @OfPowerOfWantgood point ;)

@VKhaun when you say i can buy loki for 75p, where from? I see it for 175p on the game store

@all thank you for the detailed answers and explaining the difficulties to get Atlas that early in the game 

I love variaties and the different warframes will make the game more fun for me, so i will be looking to acquire more frames and weapons as i progress, i just hope process is not too long and repetitive ;)

7 minutes ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

You can buy Loki Prime for about 90p from PS4 users. Seen Volt for 40-50p last couple of days.

I am on PC; so how to do it on PC? Ask on trade channels? And how is it delivered?

6 minutes ago, Najoxx said:

I am on PC; so how to do it on PC? Ask on trade channels? And how is it delivered?

I probably just gave bad info. I'm not at home to check the market. There should be two frames in there for 75p. I know Volt is one. I thought Loki was the other because he used to be (still is?) a starting option. The other one might be Excalibur which you already have.

11 minutes ago, Najoxx said:

You type "WTB Loki Prime Set" in Trade chat.

In a couple of seconds, your whisper channel is flooded with price offers from players. You pick the one you like (or even haggle it down a bit if you're feeling lucky) and since I suspect you're currently not in a clan, ask for a Dojo invite (most trading takes place in Dojos). 

Inside, the seller will likely initiate trade as soon as you load, and will place four items - a Loki Prime blueprint, and blueprints for separate parts (Helmet, Chassis and Systems), four pieces total into the trading window. You put the agreed Platinum amount into your trade window and confirm the trade.

You'll have to obtain the necessary resources to build all parts, and then, the frame itself, but since Loki is an old Prime, it's an easy task (gods forbid you try and farm resources for Vauban Prime all by yourself - for low-rank players it's a nightmare). 

21 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

You type "WTB Loki Prime Set" in Trade chat.

In a couple of seconds, your whisper channel is flooded with price offers from players. You pick the one you like (or even haggle it down a bit if you're feeling lucky) and since I suspect you're currently not in a clan, ask for a Dojo invite (most trading takes place in Dojos). 

Inside, the seller will likely initiate trade as soon as you load, and will place four items - a Loki Prime blueprint, and blueprints for separate parts (Helmet, Chassis and Systems), four pieces total into the trading window. You put the agreed Platinum amount into your trade window and confirm the trade.

You'll have to obtain the necessary resources to build all parts, and then, the frame itself, but since Loki is an old Prime, it's an easy task (gods forbid you try and farm resources for Vauban Prime all by yourself - for low-rank players it's a nightmare). 

Thank you so much, so the resources and the frame are from mission or other players?

The blueprints can only come from the players now, since Loki Prime no longer drops anywhere, the only sets in circulation are those in possession of other players.

The resources (you can look them up on Wiki ) you'll have to gather yourself (on different planets). 

I don't wanna rain on your parade, but I advice you to think about other things as well:

- you have been playing on and off the past year, and only got your first frame to lvl27, are you really enjoying this game or are you forcing yourself to enjoy it?
- excal, both prime and regular, is a strong frame once you mod it properly (goes for every frame), you might be bored now while it's lvl27, but he is way more awesome at lvl30, forma'd and potatoed.
- you say you like Atlas, but reading his specs and seeing someone else playing him, is different than playing the frame himself; imo, the gap between craving for him and eventually having him, might be too big, and unnecessary in your case, Atlas is not a nice second frame.

Instead, what I would do is get Frost:

- he is useful in many situations, many missions, many mission types; because of this, you will be welcome to a lot of random squads whom play at planets you haven't unlocked yet so it's a change of scenery for you as well; imo frost is the frame where you can truly explore the largest places of the game with.

5 hours ago, Ambiroa said:

I don't wanna rain on your parade, but I advice you to think about other things as well:

- you have been playing on and off the past year, and only got your first frame to lvl27, are you really enjoying this game or are you forcing yourself to enjoy it?
- excal, both prime and regular, is a strong frame once you mod it properly (goes for every frame), you might be bored now while it's lvl27, but he is way more awesome at lvl30, forma'd and potatoed.
- you say you like Atlas, but reading his specs and seeing someone else playing him, is different than playing the frame himself; imo, the gap between craving for him and eventually having him, might be too big, and unnecessary in your case, Atlas is not a nice second frame.

Instead, what I would do is get Frost:

- he is useful in many situations, many missions, many mission types; because of this, you will be welcome to a lot of random squads whom play at planets you haven't unlocked yet so it's a change of scenery for you as well; imo frost is the frame where you can truly explore the largest places of the game with.

Thank you for the thoughts and suggestions; yes i did enjoy the game everytime i played; this small investment i made in platinum is my way of assessing whether it's the frame or me but one thing 4 sure; i dont like Excalibur that much when i compare its skills / style to others i saw being played... 

Why Frost is the right answer? Is it survivability? 

40 minutes ago, Najoxx said:

Why Frost is the right answer? Is it survivability? 

It's his versatility. He is not the strongest frame nor is he weak, but he is versatile. If you need to dmg or kill from a distance, you can use his 4th, need to slow enemies down or block incoming bullets (to a certain point), use his globe. You can take Frost to everywhere up to mid-level games and he will be valuable to almost anything, I even bring him to Sorties, just to make life a bit easier, not much, but enough to survive.

8 hours ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

You can buy Loki Prime for about 90p from PS4 users. Seen Volt for 40-50p last couple of days.

Holy that's cheap af. You'd be lucky to get a Loki Prime set on PC for less than 200 plat .-.

7 hours ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

Not much has value at the moment except for Ember, Frost and rare mods. Even Vauban is getting cheaper.

Welp, guess the PS4 economy is better than PC atm.