Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Strike

(PSN)ArchangelX3Z

Question

Good day, looking for some stories on where people have acquired this mod that I need (Life Strike).  I've farmed Dark Sector Defenses to wave 5 and rarely to 20 and still have not acquired this gem (from Jupiter to Eris and Ceres to Pluto), is there anywhere else that this could drop from in reward tables?  Looking to get multiple copies or have some of my friends join me in something that might be a little more reliable so they can get one as well either way.

22 answers to this question

I can't help you because we are on different platforms, but i can give you a little tip

Try the mod before ranking it, a LOT of players prefer to have it at base (unranked), and you can't revert it so you'll have to get a new one if you mess up

Yea I had seen that you don't even need to rank it any, and I'd rather keep other open points for different mods I have now, just looking for that little boost for survivability, I tend to die a lot late waves trying to spore everything lol, but thank you!

Edited by (PS4)ArchangelX3Z

Hi.

The mod you're looking for drops from 'high level' Dark Sector missions. You can drop it on later planets' (Eris, Europa, Pluto) Dark Sector Defense mission rotations C (wave 20, 40, 60, etc) or Dark Sector Survival mission rotations A (minute 5, 10, 25, 30, etc).

Personally, I dropped it from Akkad's (Eris DSD) wave 20 and wave 40, once from Sechura's (Pluto DSD) wave 20 and once from Kelashin's (Neptune DSS) minute 10.

Remember that you can also transmute it!

Good luck! =)

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

Yea I had seen that you don't even need to rank it any, and I'd rather keep other open points for different mods I have now, just looking for that little boost for survivability, I tend to die a lot late waves trying to spore everything lol, but thank you!

Spore everything? Saryn main i assume? Why not getting regenerative molt instead? 

I could provide you with one, free of charge of course. Just add me on psn and/or remind me after i'm done with work. (In about 6 hours)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

17 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Spore everything? Saryn main i assume? Why not getting regenerative molt instead? 

I could provide you with one, free of charge of course. Just add me on psn and/or remind me after i'm done with work. (In about 6 hours)

Currently working towards the level to get Regenerative molt in Steel Meridian (rank before the rank needed to obtain Warframe Mods) so running energy siphon currently ,and that'd be wonderful, I'll be on around the same time so I shall do so! Thank you ^_^

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

I've farmed Dark Sector Defenses to wave 5 and rarely to 20 and still have not acquired this gem (from Jupiter to Eris and Ceres to Pluto)

Two problems here.  First, Life stripe is a C drop reward so if you are not going to 20 waves in defense you'll never see it.  Second, the drop chance for it in the defense reward table is extremely low - less than %1 - so again you'll probably never see it.

On the survival reward table it has about a %4 chance to drop as a C reward.  Note that both survivals and excavations use this table.  The chance here for it isn't real great but its a lot better than the defense you are running. 

If you don't want to run Pluto as suggested already then Zeugma Phobos is another excavation option.  The main difference between them is the B rotation keys.  Pluto is T3 or T4 weighted higher on T4 while Phobos is T2 or T3 weighed  higher on T3.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

Currently working towards the level to get Regenerative molt in Steel Meridian (rank before the rank needed to obtain Warframe Mods) so running energy siphon currently ,and that'd be wonderful, I'll be on around the same time so I shall do so! Thank you ^_^

Np :) i'm running a pure melee setup with her myself so i find myself quite often in the direct line of fire and rm is plenty to stay alive! 

Also the better pick for gunplay and a pretty good tactical choice in generall~

11 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Np :) i'm running a pure melee setup with her myself so i find myself quite often in the direct line of fire and rm is plenty to stay alive! 

Also the better pick for gunplay and a pretty good tactical choice in generall~

Yea I definitely need a good melee set-up for those dicey situations, I molt, throw spores everywhere and then my hikou prime with concealed explosives does work.  It's oddly satisfying seeing so many numbers on my screen my frame rate dies lol, I just feel bad when I have to be revived constantly 

37 minutes ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

Yea I definitely need a good melee set-up for those dicey situations, I molt, throw spores everywhere and then my hikou prime with concealed explosives does work.  It's oddly satisfying seeing so many numbers on my screen my frame rate dies lol, I just feel bad when I have to be revived constantly 

True enough, my build includes rage, prime flow and quick thinking for just this reason. The range isn't the best but it works out quite decent as i use molt to set trapps for incomming waves ;) 

Also to just heal myself, boost miasama and to draw in controlled fire (naramons shadow step is a godly defense all by itself but makes energy management kinda difficult at times >.>)

You're casting it all the time anyways...might as well get healed while you're at it :)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Hieracon is a good place to farm life strike. I never got one in the first C rotation tho. You might have to go 8+ excavators, but then the chane is actually pretty high.

Bursas might also be a good option and you can get astral twilight and tempo royal aswell while farming them.

9 minutes ago, gluih said:

Hieracon is a good place to farm life strike. I never got one in the first C rotation tho. You might have to go 8+ excavators, but then the chane is actually pretty high.

Bursas might also be a good option and you can get astral twilight and tempo royal aswell while farming them.

where would I go to farm those god awful things?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

If I remember correctly. Select a corpus sabotage mission.Wait for them to turn on the alarms. The bursas will keep spawning(there level gets higher the more you kill them). When you feel like there level is too high, do the missions and extract. Rinse and repeat

11 minutes ago, (PS4)I_AM_FIRED_UP said:

If I remember correctly. Select a corpus sabotage mission.Wait for them to turn on the alarms. The bursas will keep spawning(there level gets higher the more you kill them). When you feel like there level is too high, do the missions and extract. Rinse and repeat

Thank you, I hate bursas with a passion but I did get a tempo from them once..then failed the proxy mission and lost it, but still lol.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

Bursas spawn at a certain level in corpus missions once the alarm is activated. Best way to farm them would be to activate the alarm and then just wait. You can increase your chances by bringing ivara. She can kill them pretty easily and you can steal from them while they are on the ground, waiting to be hacked.

But only do this if you really don't like excavation. With a high efficiency, high range build you can easily go very far on hieracon. Put a globe on the excavator. It doesn't need a lot of hp, because infested don't attack ranged a lot and it will slow down the ones inside. And when there are too many you can just freeze them with the ult. And if you don't get life strike there you still get a ton of fusion cores and void keys.

10 minutes ago, gluih said:

Bursas spawn at a certain level in corpus missions once the alarm is activated. Best way to farm them would be to activate the alarm and then just wait. You can increase your chances by bringing ivara. She can kill them pretty easily and you can steal from them while they are on the ground, waiting to be hacked.

But only do this if you really don't like excavation. With a high efficiency, high range build you can easily go very far on hieracon. Put a globe on the excavator. It doesn't need a lot of hp, because infested don't attack ranged a lot and it will slow down the ones inside. And when there are too many you can just freeze them with the ult. And if you don't get life strike there you still get a ton of fusion cores and void keys.

Much appreciated, Never hurts to get more cryotic as well, one never knows when you'll need over 10k to build a prime something ._.