Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will we be able to pimp up our basement-child? When will WF be funny?

jhanX

Question

So I know DE mentioned this at PAX or something, but did they give an actual date for when we will get more tenno customization options? I`ve already stretched my limits on how cool I can make my Tenno as my results at best would result in "less annoying". It`d be great to have more than ONE onesie to choose between, and there are two maybe three hairstyles that doesnt look like my kubrow S#&$ on my tennos head. Would also be nice to have more than four voices: Loud (Falcon), Depressed(raven), Weird(Heron) and Ugh(Owl). I know they`re mentally scarred immortal-warriors, but I am really tempted to punch mine in the face now and then. "Corpus have energy based weapons, we`ll have to be careful." YEAH NO S#&$ $&*^HEAD I`VE BEEN FIGHTING THEM SINCE THREE YEARS AGO. "That was a close one" NO IT WASN`T YOU DEGENERATE I RAN PAST EVERYONE AND THEY CHIPPED MAYBE 100 SHIELPOINTS SO PLEAS JUST BE "my warframe is strong" *TEETH CLENCHED SCREAMS OF RAGE. Would it really hurt too much to give them more personality than a rock. Like, when you work with Darvo he crack jokes and you`ll be like: "Darvo hasn`t the best sense of humor but he`s a fun mechant guy" During the sands of Inaros quests you`ll think what a miserable person Baro is. Then at the end its more: wow Baro is a $&*^ but his past is kinda sad not really. Even Ordis has his moments (not really). You know, now that i think about it, the whole game is filled with bad jokes and an overall drought of personality. My proposal is that we can maybe switch out one of the many boring voices with a guest apperance of Stamper. Maybe we replace Ordis with a new cephalon voiced by stamper, maybe we get a stamper vioce option for our Tenno. This game needs more personality. Warframes look so apart from everything else because in a sea of bland characters and characters like *shudder Khela de`thaym, they have vibrant colors and weapons painted with the opposite of camouflage. They have skins that looks like flowers, and use the equivalent of ninety corpus pension plans on a shinier helmet FOR THEIR DOG. I just want the Tenno to reflect their robot ninja counterpart. And Ordis needs to learn a joke that doesn`t drive me further down the road to ending my miserable excuse of a life.

15 answers to this question

Just now, pauli133 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the pimping of children is not high on DE's list of features to implement.

Probably not. But its the small things that gets to you.

"This game needs more personality"

What? What are you ON? Warframe has always had an extremely non-generic appearance. All the factions, structures, ships, creatures, etc. have always been outlandish and unique, Warframes included. They may seem bland after 100's of hours of chopping them to bits, but compare them to a lot of other universes and I guarantee you that Warframe will be one of the stand-outs.

As for humor, the game has enough. If it's not funny to you, then I'd like to introduce you to a term called "subjective" and also stress that adding overt amounts of comedy to a grim-dark game that has always been a gritty sci-fi is a recipe for disaster. They already kinda pushed the limit with noggles and the P.O.T.A.T.O. stuff, and I'd greatly prefer it if they left that the upper limit and didn't keep going into goofy elements that are funny the first time and grating the remainder.

18 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the pimping of children is not high on DE's list of features to implement.

DE already had concept art for more Operator Hairstyles, so more aesthetic options for our paraplegic psychic twerps aren't that far off.

15 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

I'd rather jettison the basement child. When will that option be available?

Maybe sometime around Umbra.  I don't see why they bother people so much, you really don't see them all that much.  Maybe once or twice in a mission for 10 seconds at most, usually less, and you have to stare at their face when you switch focus, that's it.

@jhanX you know you can turn off the voices right

U19 brings Lunaro which is supposed to have something to do with operators, so I'm guessing that's when more options go in.

I agree the voices can be quite irritating, mostly amusing, and often pointless in their phrases, but you either embrace it or ignore it.  That's my advice.

Just now, Xekrin said:

Maybe sometime around Umbra.  I don't see why they bother people so much, you really don't see them all that much.  Maybe once or twice in a mission for 10 seconds at most, usually less, and you have to stare at their face when you switch focus, that's it.

@jhanX you know you can turn off the voices right

U19 brings Lunaro which is supposed to have something to do with operators, so I'm guessing that's when more options go in.

I agree the voices can be quite irritating, mostly amusing, and often pointless in their phrases, but you either embrace it or ignore it.  That's my advice.

Don't like the lore behind. The quest was of good quality but still don't like the lore.  I limit my interactions with the avatar as much as possible.