Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti-Sentient Weapon

VKhaun

Question

So Sentients can adapt to four elements, in order of damage dealt...

If I wanted to be REALLY LAZY and just dump on them with one weapon the idea would therefore be to have five damage types that deal roughly the same amount of damage each right? That way you lose as little as possible at each gate/adaptation.

Has anyone looked into this before and found the best weapon(s) for it?

8 answers to this question

Burston Prime has roughly equal impact, slash and puncture. So add 2 elemental combos to that with roar on your team and maybe they'll go down without too much fuss. 
Also exalted weapons like Ivara's and Excal's do massive damage and are common ways of dealing with the bastards. 

Well, for my part i ve always fought them with a full "rainbow" loadout, corrosive/slash/fire on primary, (Tigris S) magnetic/impact/poison on secondary, (Marelock Vaykor) and radiation/viral to finish them on melee, (Scindo, or Tekkos with viral and crit) but im not yet a Sentient expert.

I guess any good weapon with a full crit build can do the job, like a Hek Vaykor with prime mods for base damage, crit chances and crit damage, or a good sniper rifle with ...Banshee, for example ?

Others would say TONKOOOR obviously, but i just hate that weapon.

Edited by Stonehenge

19 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

So Sentients can adapt to four elements, in order of damage dealt...

If I wanted to be REALLY LAZY and just dump on them with one weapon the idea would therefore be to have five damage types that deal roughly the same amount of damage each right? That way you lose as little as possible at each gate/adaptation.

Has anyone looked into this before and found the best weapon(s) for it?

I think this is bad idea , sentient will only adapt faster to all elements wich will srew you over , best tactic is to mod your rifle secondary and melee for difirent elementals and use high damage slow fire / attack weapons . 

Sentients adapt per atack meaning weapons such as soma ( high fire rate ) will be less efective when weapons like tonkor or opticor

My first thought was also balanced IPS, but when you add elementals with 60-90% each, your physical quickly falls behind. If you end up with a huge amount of elemental it's just lost immediately at the first and second gates. It looks like the idea is to get a high, but not TOO high, puncture weighted weapon and add the +120% slash and impact mods. Puncture comes out a little low, but it gets +20% to Sentients' ferrite armor.

Going to try out Tiberon.

26 minutes ago, Demogarose said:

I haven't personally tried it, but I've seen this done by a clan mate:

Banshee with a good Sniper Rifle at full zoom.

Said clan mate quite literally OHKO'd a Conculyst.

Never seen that, but yeah, makes perfect sense.

Edited by Stonehenge