Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys I need HUGE HELP ;_;

TyrannosauRayz

Question

So i tried to backup my warframe, but well, I'm that stupid idiot person who just click back up files and didnt know the safety. So My warframe got corrupt i think and the whole game redownloads. Then I ask my friend to give me a copy of warframe. But he gave me this.

K9RQl3F.png

YfXEgpb.png

I tried to backup and restore but it doesn't work. Guys please i need help. Its been 2 days i didnt play warframe.  I dont know what to do. So can anyone provide me a steps / a video. 

It would be good if its a video. welp. its up to you.

Thanks in advance.

I use steam. 

Edited by TyrannosauRayz_13th

11 answers to this question

You do not need that as Steam will redownload the entire game from 0. There is also no need to create backups of Warframe for this exact reason.

Other people's files are set onto their system and the chances of you and your friend having an identical system is close to none.

Let Steam do it's thing. It knows what it's supposed to be doing.

is ur friend using the steam version or the real thing from warframe.com ?

although while deleting it did u uninstall it or did u just delete the files ? if u just deleted it warframe is still in the registry and cant be installed again cuz ur pc thinks its still installed

[edit]

there should be some additional files in one of the folders at C:\Users\[your name]\

search a bit there and u should finde more warframe files

Edited by Weidro

Why not simply reload it via Steam? Also there really is no need for a Backup when it comes to Warframe anyway. Just download it again and thats it. All your Data is stored on De Servers so you loose nothing and since the Game is updated every Week your Warframe Backup will be outdate pretty soon.

That looks like it's copied from steam installation folder. The content of the installation folder is different from the content of the standalone version. In addition when installing both installation not only ad files to folders, but edit/create registry entries. Easiest route is to simply uninstall and re-downloading and installing again. May I ask why are you going through these weird steps, that took you two days, while you were able to re-install it in a few hours at most?

50 minutes ago, TyrannosauRayz_13th said:

I did that. I delete everything. But my friend gave me this. (its on the picture) But idk how. 

Why would he give you that? He probably wanted you to copy that in the game's steam app folder to solve it, which I doubt would solve anything. The usual location of warframe is Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe.

As a lot of people mentioned here: Why don't you re-install through steam?

8 hours ago, TyrannosauRayz_13th said:

That would take so much time. The whole game is 15gb. It takes a week for me to download. :( 

In these two days you haven't played you could have downloaded Warframe if you had download speed greater than 87 kb/s. If your internet connection is slower than that you might be living in the wrong place where there is still dial-up internet and you probably aren't capable of playing on-line games in first place.

To find out how much time it would take to download the client just do this calculation (Client size in GB/Your internet connection speed in bps/8*1000000000) that's pretty rough estimate, but you would know whether it's really worth your time to attempt to cheat the system. Spoilers - it's probably not.