Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question for fellow Nova players (does range matter?)

MarkDelta

Question

So I'm going through all the threads and questions about the best way to build Nova. I've modded my Nova Prime for slow and for fast, but I've never actually came across the answer for the question - does range matter?

So far, my slow build is all strength and duration, but because of Narrow Minded r7, my range dropped to 52%. I haven't really noticed a difference except for my wormhole, but I rarely use that anyway. I don't have a mod that would counter the -48% Range.

My question is - does this range loss effect the area in which M Prime works, and does range matter?

11 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, MarkDelta said:

My question is - does this range loss effect the area in which M Prime works, and does range matter?

range doesnt really matter... It only affects the explosionradius of the primed enemies... Looks good with speednova in ODD but is not needed... my slownova has 34%range and im fine with her.

MPrime is based off duration - it will continue expanding outwards until its duration ends. Other than that, range effects the attraction sphere on the Antimatter Drop augment (IIRC), and the explosion radius of MPrime and Antimatter Drop (as well as WH, as you have stated). So no, range isn't really needed for Nova - at least how I build her as a Nova main.

Edited by Cydro_

Range on Nova is up to personal preference, some like it some don't.

As for how it affects abilities:

Null Star - It affects the distance before each projectile targets an enemy.

Antimatter Drop - No effect

Wormhole - It affects how much distance can be traveled with the skill.

Molecular Prime - It does not affect the wave traveling distance but instead affects the explosion radius when an enemy dies. So lowering range reduces the chance of causing a chain reaction on enemies (but since there are so many ways for enemies to mitigate Blast or ability damage that people just generally forgo the possibility of causing one).

Oh and as a tip, if you are just building M Prime for the slow and not the explosion damage, you just need to get up to 145% power strength(Max Intensify and Max Power Drift) to hit the slow cap for M Prime.

Edited by Poke007
Tip

great, so I don't have to worry about range.

And I've heard that speed Nova can rush waves, but when fighting Corpus also increase their attack speed and rate. This seems like she's more helping the enemy then the team. Not on lover levels, but if you're pushing defense 40+ waves that seems it could be a problem

Bit OT regarding the need for range but here are some thoughts:

If possible you can also create a neutral nova build with a rank 2 overextended. gives it 0% slow. Use that one in the cases where you do not want slow moving enemies but you don't want to get rekt by rapid fire either. usually good when allies have all CC you need and you just want to double all damage against the bullet sponges.

BTW: my standard build when not specifically needing slow/speed nova is neutral nova with 2 arcane victory sets (can get these pretty cheap) and a shotgun (2 shots to reach max AMD damage). M-prime doubles all damage dealt and does not turn the enemy into slowpokes or killing machines and by using fully charged AMDs you will both deal tons of damage and gain near permanent arcane victory procs as long as there are enemies. My preffered build in a nutshell.

Edited by Airwolfen