Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea to make status a bit more viable and fun to use

Praxxor

So right now status is a little disappointing, status weapons aren't bad by any means - debuffs can increase your damage output by a lot, but crit/pure damage weapons seem to be more viable most of the time.

I've been thinking, right now status applies only to enemies, what if it applied to immovable objects as well? (walls, floors, ceilings, doors etc.)

For example, you have a theoretical 50% chance to freeze someone using the Lanka (not real stats obviously), if you were to shoot the ground a couple times, several freezing auras with a diameter of ~1m appear, and the effective time is 75% (or so) of the regular cold proc (increased by the mods that increase regular status), and the speed reduction is also slightly less than normal.

Also, if an enemy with a status proc dies, it would transfer 25-50% of the proc's effect with the remaining timer to an enemy that touches the corpse.

Obviously some statuses wouldn't work like this (like all of the physical ones), but I think it's still worth considering at least

Tell me if i messed something up

I see it being that weapons are a step behind Warframes in this aspect. Warframes can proc enemies or areas and if weapons start doing this, it takes some of the thunder away from Warframe powers.

A good idea Would be that mods allow the weapon to proc areas but with lesser damage/ only base damage of the weapon. This would make the weapons more AoE than damage dealer.

Cool mate

11 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

A good idea Would be that mods allow the weapon to proc areas but with lesser damage/ only base damage of the weapon. This would make the weapons more AoE than damage dealer.

some weapons are capable of reaching 100% status. that would effectively make then AoE for laif.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I see it being that weapons are a step behind Warframes in this aspect. Warframes can proc enemies or areas and if weapons start doing this, it takes some of the thunder away from Warframe powers.

Cool mate

Well most of the weapons that can achieve 100% status chance are slow to use, and even if you were able to spray it all over the place, 1m range can't compete with any of the warframe AOE powers

1 minute ago, TheScytale said:

Cool idea, that'd make blast a more tactical way to cc, and viral would actually be viral. But some effect wouldn't make sense to spread, like slash,

Yes, I mentioned that physical statuses wouldn't work with this at all

5 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Yes, I mentioned that physical statuses wouldn't work with this at all

Physical Statuses would probably benefit from on-hit effects much more often, and should be pure Damage, unlike Elemental Statuses, which deal much more CC to compensate.

That being said, certain Physical Statuses could benefit from this, if tweaked a bit.

Making it so Impact causes anyone in the vicinity to be knocked back, while having Puncture reduce the damage of nearby enemies could work. Slash, however, wouldn't make sense if anyone in the vicinity was also Slash Proc'd, but maybe making it so nearby enemies have a higher chance to be Slash-Proc'd could work.

(Also why does Impact still suck? Seriously.)

Just now, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Physical Statuses would probably benefit from on-hit effects much more often, and should be pure Damage, unlike Elemental Statuses, which deal much more CC to compensate.

That being said, certain Physical Statuses could benefit from this, if tweaked a bit.

Making it so Impact causes anyone in the vicinity to be knocked back, while having Puncture reduce the damage of nearby enemies could work. Slash, however, wouldn't make sense if anyone in the vicinity was also Slash Proc'd, but maybe making it so nearby enemies have a higher chance to be Slash-Proc'd could work.

(Also why does Impact still suck? Seriously.)

Well physical statuses are a completely different thing, I think those need to be reworked completely

Just now, Praxxor said:

Well physical statuses are a completely different thing, I think those need to be reworked completely

Thing is, unless Enemies and their tankiness get's changed, we're going to get nothing out of most of the damage types we have now.

I'm just wondering how they'll be Reworked, as it seems the worst damage type, Impact, is what's making most of the weapons in the game MR Fodder.

Just now, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Thing is, unless Enemies and their tankiness get's changed, we're going to get nothing out of most of the damage types we have now.

I'm just wondering how they'll be Reworked, as it seems the worst damage type, Impact, is what's making most of the weapons in the game MR Fodder.

Well TBH i find some of the impact weapons to be quite good

Akstiletto, Fragor Prime, Jat Kittag, Rakta Cernos are good examples

But yeah, it's probably the worst damage type atm, not useless though

an idea that's been mentioned a few times would be a benefit for over 100% status chance. crits go red and double your multiplier above 100%, but 100% status just gives a guaranteed proc of the element.

the 100% status cap should be removed, and every % above 100 gives a chance for an "enhanced proc, that grant unique effect: Radiation causes tumours that could be shot for extra damage, Corrosive could start melting enemies granting DoT, etc. and have an effect for every elemental type as well as Physical type.

8 hours ago, Praxxor said:

Well TBH i find some of the impact weapons to be quite good

Akstiletto, Fragor Prime, Jat Kittag, Rakta Cernos are good examples

But yeah, it's probably the worst damage type atm, not useless though

Those Impact weapons, however, have their other damage types at decent amounts to make up for the insane Impact damage, along with high Crit and pretty decent Status Chance. Unlike, say, the Sobek, which deals decent damage, but has wwwaaaayyyy too much Impact, making it's scaling much too low, so while it has a ton of ammo, it takes far too long to kill higher level enemies.

10 hours ago, Praxxor said:

So right now status is a little disappointing, status weapons aren't bad by any means - debuffs can increase your damage output by a lot, but crit/pure damage weapons seem to be more viable most of the time.

I've been thinking, right now status applies only to enemies, what if it applied to immovable objects as well? (walls, floors, ceilings, doors etc.)

For example, you have a theoretical 50% chance to freeze someone using the Lanka (not real stats obviously), if you were to shoot the ground a couple times, several freezing auras with a diameter of ~1m appear, and the effective time is 75% (or so) of the regular cold proc (increased by the mods that increase regular status), and the speed reduction is also slightly less than normal.

Also, if an enemy with a status proc dies, it would transfer 25-50% of the proc's effect with the remaining timer to an enemy that touches the corpse.

Obviously some statuses wouldn't work like this (like all of the physical ones), but I think it's still worth considering at least

Tell me if i messed something up

I would have actually liked this. Add in a bit of environmental changes. The physical damages would be hard to create though, but as far as elemental types go, all for it.