Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

As a kid I created a custom Sith lego minifigure I named "Darth Morec". For whatever reason I fell in love with the name, and have used it for everything from online screen names to OC names ever since (much to the dismay of some people).

Well, the answer I gave on a similar thread made a year ago-

It was revealed to me after inputting my first name in one of those "ninja name" pictures.  Turns out it's an actual word in Japanese meaning stubborn.

It's fitting, so I took it as destiny and used it as my alias ever since. 

-hasn't changed.

Has it really almost been a year?  Damn..

When i started gaming (with Swat4) i wanted a username that i liked and wasn't too long. I watched Black Hawk Down a few weeks before and like the Character called Eversman. Well and as Eversman was too long i simply used Evers. Since that day i use that Username in every Game (unless its take already... hate the guy who takes away my Username :D)

Ori'verda has been my nickname since I discovered the Champions of Mandalore (Star Wars). Translated it means Champion which seemed fitting at the time given that I used it to roleplay with.

Ever since I've been known as Ori... Which actually means "Big".

Welp, ever since my childhood I've held an almost notorious reputation across various schools (we moved on a frequent basis), each time spontaneously earning the moniker "Ninja", like the butler from Mister Deeds I'm well known for popping up randomly, often without intent of startling them as well as other things.

I'm a big fan of Megatokyo and the character Junpei, thus I threw the two together. That said I'm not proficient with enough languages to be "1337", as I only know Java, and C++.

Edited by un1337ninj4

I was supposed to use Seaver instead of what I have now but for some odd reason I can't clearly remember anymore, it wouldn't let me.

Seaver was the surname of a female character from a tv show and I just thought it sounded pretty cool. I just added the -ett because I was stupid and now my clanmates call me the clan ferret (because they sometimes read it as sea-verett and not seaver-ett) lol

Way back when I played Dark Age of Camelot and Diablo 2, I came across the name "Mephistopheles" as a more mythical way of calling myself a dark, brooding teenager gamer. It fit because at the time, I was playing a devil-looking Inconnu Sorcerer.

After that, I took that tag to League of Legends, but found quickly that "Mephistopheles" was a popular choice, so I changed it to "Wulfestopheles" in honor of Beowulf, and all the old Scandinavian "wulf" names.

However, by the time I found Battlefield 3, Steam, and the more modern games, I dropped the "Wulf" in favor for a more historical name: Archimedes.

Blamo - Archistopheles.

Well mine derivates from my xbox live name xl raist lx and as I couldn't put any spaces in most websites, I eliminate them.

Raist, comes from the nickname Raistlin Majere receives from his brother Caramon from the books of Dragonlance.

The xl and lx at the beggining and the end were just put there to be able to create the gamertag as evetything I tried was not available.

Was a huge fan of deadmau5 when I first did this username for something. (I think it was a youtube account.) Also didn't want my friends to track me using my original username so went with a variant of anonymous. Then I heard a nun joke so I decided to spell it Anunymau5. The name sort of stuck afterwards so I kept using it.

Vintovka means "rifle" in Russian. Originally picked up from Bad Company 2 in February 2011, where there is the AEK-971 Vintovka weapon (thought it was a pretty cool name). This happened before I became interested in knowing more about Russian language (and eventually started studying it).

Vintovka has also become the nickname of my APB Reloaded character, when I signed up in May 2011.

Now that I think, I have been using this nickname for three years.

Greetings!

My alias - CXloud.

Fairly simple story, back when I started playing Lineage 2 I was also revisiting my obbsession with Final Fantasy 7 - so when naming my character I went to pick the name 'Cloud' but....as the letters 'C' and 'X' are right next to each other on the keyboard, it came out as 'CXloud' (with the capitalisation aswell).

I was a little peeved at first, but after a while I started to like it and it's stuck with me for a decade!

I first started using this name for another game some time ago. When I was making the account, I was thinking the name would be private and that I'd be able to choose another name to show publicly, so I used my first name and year of birth... Nope!

Ah well, the name stuck I guess.