The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

To summarize:

10 hours ago, rngd444 said:

The sprint multiplier mix-up was unintended and will be fixed, the roll 'fix' is intended for everywhere in the game as it's not listed under Conclave in the patch notes. The double jump issue remains without comment yet.

We have 3 issues:

1. Sprint-speed multiplier - fixed as of latest hot-fix

2. Forward roll momentum - intended nerf

3. Loss of momentum on double jump - no comment

I'm under the impression 2 and 3 are somewhat connected issues.

For those who don't see any Parkour changes:

11 hours ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

Video 1c) in the below topic:

At around 10 - 15 seconds in the High Jump, we see the player do a forward roll that creates a boost of forward momentum. The player hovers in mid-air slightly before executing this move, a result of timing rather than the double jump + slide method the unfamiliar individuals employ.

With the new mechanic, the second-jump resets momentum, which stops the player in mid-air travel. It's not like hitting an invisible wall, but its extremely awkward given Parkour 2.0 mechanics promote smooth, integrated movement, of which momentum is a key factor.

Edited by -CM-Emptiness

34 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

De fixed it.

No, they did not. So far, they only reverted the sprint/movement multipliers for PvE. The double jump bug remains. Same for the widely disliked rolling momentum change.

On 6/15/2016 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

•    Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes. 

It was a really smooth and fun way of movement. You move fast, and feel like a ninja without breaking the game like Coptering. It's been around since the release of Parkour 2.0

Suddenly, Lunaro Update... They call it a "bug", and call it a "fix". While there was no point on removing it at all. Look at a poll here http://www.strawpoll.me/10500518/r.

They most likely "FIXED" it for Lunaro gamemode maybe? So what, you're gonna remove what's fun about Warframe just for another gamemode?

8 hours ago, --DSP-- said:

It was a really smooth and fun way of movement. You move fast, and feel like a ninja without breaking the game like Coptering. It's been around since the release of Parkour 2.0

Suddenly, Lunaro Update... They call it a "bug", and call it a "fix". While there was no point on removing it at all. Look at a poll here http://www.strawpoll.me/10500518/r.

They most likely "FIXED" it for Lunaro gamemode maybe? So what, we're gonna remove a core movement just for a side gamemode?

Ummm this is what your on about? I can still do it perfectly fine, and also take a peek at this. Its not even harder to do then it as before.

•    Fixed an issue with Warframe movement speed multipliers not working outside of the Conclave. The normalization of speeds for Lunaro was improperly being inherited in PvE. 

1 minute ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Ummm this is what your on about? I can still do it perfectly fine, and also take a peek at this. Its not even harder to do then it as before.

No, many people thought they "FIXED" it because of that note. It is actually an entire different topic. They just made it sound like they're the same thing. You can do it just fine, but it will not be as fast as it used to because they REMOVED the momentum.

Edited by --DSP--

2 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

But my point still stands, it's still easy to do, you just need to practice it.

You can still do it, they never change the difficulty of doing it... They removed the MOMENTUM of it, that's what I am concern about.

" Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump "

Edited by --DSP--

I like those recent fixes-we fix energy drain for hysteria (nerf it again) and we fix leak of pvp parkour system in to pve (actually we don't). More tenno stats\movement\weapons nerf, just remember-you should keep enemy scaling untouchable and keep blending together pvp and pve stuff, only that will help this game.

I was 110% okay with the Trin, Mirage and Excal changes recently. I likely will be with Ash's.

But this? This is just breaking core movement for the sake of fringy Lunaro.

GW2 was killed by pve balance changes breaking the game's other modes. And this is part of that.

Edited by Sold0ut

There's a whole other thread about this. DE Nerfed movement speed by claiming a momentum mechanic was a bug. This is something the Devs have never once acknowledged for the year(s) this "bug" was in existence and just so happens to suddenly be a bug the moment Lunaro was released. It's a shame and it should be reverted to the old fun style of movement.

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes
•    Fixed an issue with Warframe movement speed multipliers not working outside of the Conclave. The normalization of speeds for Lunaro was improperly being inherited in PvE. 

2 hours ago, --DSP-- said:

We need more voices.

read patch notes more.

Edited by Xekrin

Fixed? Give me a break, nothing is fixed. Movement still lacks momentum, it`s like you`re hitting a wall mid-air while doublejumping, which is absolutely disgusting. You can`t speed up anymore, you`re stuck with the same old slow &#! movement speed.