Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New end of mission music is jarringly inappropriate.

Chroia

It starts low, builds up high, then stops abruptly. That's the 'jarringly'.

Between the rising vocals and the full-bodied sound of the orchestra, clearly it's intended to be an 'epic' soundbite.
Let me give you an example of what I heard that music play for, unstaged (could've e.g. invis-ed m way through a cap or deception), just now: m8L39fM.jpg

Moreover, with Warframe's reward structure (e.g. Vauban Prime's chance of dropping from any given mission), junk rewards form the vast majority of what a player'll get. Salt in the wound.

That's the 'inappropriate'.

Edited by Chroia
Fleshed out 'inappropriate'

What about the "clanking" sound when you return to your ship? Ever since i did the inaros quest, i hear that sound every so often life a shuffling of old coins or whatever, the sound that was tied to the quest. It plays for seemingly no reason. 

6 hours ago, superbot34 said:

What about the "clanking" sound when you return to your ship? Ever since i did the inaros quest, i hear that sound every so often life a shuffling of old coins or whatever, the sound that was tied to the quest. It plays for seemingly no reason. 

Can you provide us with a video of this?  Thanks.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this too. I like the new music, in the new content, but I don't want it to replace some of the old stuff. One of the things that made Warframe stand out so much to me when I first started were those beautiful, beautiful drums. Now if I want to hear something similar I have to either fight Grineer- a dirtier, grunge-ier kind of sound that is perfect for them but not what I'm looking for- or come across a challenge room in the Void. With the Void exploding soon the latter might disappear forever.

To me, the old, eastern war drums represent the Warframes and their creed. The new, soaring "epic" music with the chorus of children represents what we've come to know the Tenno as. But the Tenno are just the mystery behind the Warframes, not what others in the universe see when a team of them board their ship and wreak havoc, and not what new players know anything about. The Warframes and their old "sound" should have a place, too.

But even without getting all artsy about it, the new music is very out of place regardless. It's grand, and epic, and sweeping, but it doesn't fit the way most missions end: either quietly, from a well-played run of stealth, or loudly, with the Tenno booking it like madmen from enemies that would tear them apart if they didn't. To come out of these sorts of situations with music that says, "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE A HERO!" just doesn't feel right.

Now, Archwing on the other hand, is (in theory) exactly the kind of action-packed, bombastic shooting gallery that this sort of idea would fit. So I don't mind it so much there. But, personally, not only would I like to hear more of the old drums and throat-singing, I'd like to hear more of it and more of that type of sound in general return to the game. It struck a mysterious, dangerous chord that the new music simply doesn't do in the same way, or any other game for that matter.

Again, not that I don't like the new music, I do! It just doesn't need to be everywhere. It's like trying to combine mega blocks with a lego, yo. You can like, make them fit, but in the end, something just looks off, even if the end product is totally cool and you're really proud of it cause you made a thing.

Or something.

On 24/6/2016 at 4:32 PM, Tavanaka said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this too. I like the new music, in the new content, but I don't want it to replace some of the old stuff. One of the things that made Warframe stand out so much to me when I first started were those beautiful, beautiful drums. Now if I want to hear something similar I have to either fight Grineer- a dirtier, grunge-ier kind of sound that is perfect for them but not what I'm looking for- or come across a challenge room in the Void. With the Void exploding soon the latter might disappear forever.

To me, the old, eastern war drums represent the Warframes and their creed. The new, soaring "epic" music with the chorus of children represents what we've come to know the Tenno as. But the Tenno are just the mystery behind the Warframes, not what others in the universe see when a team of them board their ship and wreak havoc, and not what new players know anything about. The Warframes and their old "sound" should have a place, too.

But even without getting all artsy about it, the new music is very out of place regardless. It's grand, and epic, and sweeping, but it doesn't fit the way most missions end: either quietly, from a well-played run of stealth, or loudly, with the Tenno booking it like madmen from enemies that would tear them apart if they didn't. To come out of these sorts of situations with music that says, "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE A HERO!" just doesn't feel right.

Now, Archwing on the other hand, is (in theory) exactly the kind of action-packed, bombastic shooting gallery that this sort of idea would fit. So I don't mind it so much there. But, personally, not only would I like to hear more of the old drums and throat-singing, I'd like to hear more of it and more of that type of sound in general return to the game. It struck a mysterious, dangerous chord that the new music simply doesn't do in the same way, or any other game for that matter.

Again, not that I don't like the new music, I do! It just doesn't need to be everywhere. It's like trying to combine mega blocks with a lego, yo. You can like, make them fit, but in the end, something just looks off, even if the end product is totally cool and you're really proud of it cause you made a thing.

Or something.

That's a fair point, and I think that both can coexist perfectly.

To me the old Warframe theme (the Yakudo drums) represent what the Tenno are... to their enemies. What they feel, when they see the Warframe in front of them. Meanwhile, the new themes seem more what the Tenno actually are -- what the Lotus and themselves, view/feel.

Musically wise, I'm liking the more diverse themes we're getting as it creates a richer world. I'll agree that some of the old music needs to stay (and actually the Drums are present in The Second Dream video shown at PAX East, that's up on YouTube), but I think the new theme for the Mission End screen is better than what we had until now.

Maybe once we play the War Within more people want it to stay, who knows.

Edited by NightmareT12

Actually, come to think of it, we already have contextual music in the game. Why not have the same for the mission complete screen? The older, quiet and mysterious sound for when there's no combat taking place before extracting, which is when the new music feels the most unnecessary, but keep the new music for when Tenno are running and gunning their way to victory?

Or, if we want to get really precise (and probably create a coder's nightmare,) have the old sound for a stealth extraction, the new sound for a loud one, and then a third, different type of feel for when combat ends just before extracting. So there'd be music for a calm exit, music for an intense exit, and also music that matches that feeling of the adrenaline rush calming down. Then everybody wins, and a little more audio finesse gets added to a game that already has it in spades.

7 hours ago, superbot34 said:

I thought it was a sound effect for bonus xp (the xp you get for mission success).

While I agree and disagree with some comments in this topic, I think the current (new) ending screen music should be used for Quests/Lunaro ONLY.

The new ending music builds a "hype" for something but It doesn't have a right ending.

The old ending music clearly told me "Good job Tenno" , with a clear last drum bit to staple it.

On 6/24/2016 at 10:09 AM, Bizzaro21 said:

I think he means the XP bar filling up SFX that came with inaros update, but im not so sure, however i do hear it too, but it dosnt bug me the least

Is it just the xp filling up? Sometimes it will play, sometimes it won't even when the conditions are the same (getting xp after a mission). It would make sense if this is related to getting xp or bonus xp since i don't remember getting it when i wasnt getting experience but either way it's a little out of place.