Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara (need help with her usage)

Av3rage

Question

I want to know if I got this frame correct, cause im confused with her. I watched a lot of vids and all is praise and glory, so I farmed the heck out of spy missions and after about 16hrs I got her. Now after using her a bit here is what I found out..

PROWL - Can't sprint. So I will be slow as a turtle but can tumble. It now drains energy (videos said IT DOESNT COST ENERGY) and you can only get energy back by means of energy orbs. So if im doing a mission SOLO means I will be slow as heck or turn it on and off but risk dying cause she is thin as a paper. Plus if I have to turn it on and off then might as well use LOKI and ill be heck of a lot faster. Now I havent check out her augment Infiltrate but I am doubting that the 25% speed increase is gonna do justice.

Don't get me wrong, I like her kit. It's just I don't see her viability. In groups sure she can shine but so does other frames. She can do survival for what I heard is 6 hrs but I am not aiming for that. So is this all that she can be or am I missing something? I want to use her in different missions solo or group but she is really giving me a hard time. 

9 answers to this question

Prowl has always drained energy... the videos you watched were misinformed/blind. The not being able to run thing *can* be a bit tedious but you can spam roll and get around quite fast, albeit a little bit silly. (That's what I usually do) The reason why I like ivara more than loki is because you can have permanent invisibility and you can decide when to turn it off. Where with Loki you sort of have to hope and pray there's a hidey-hole for you to quickly recast the stealth. If you see you're almost out of energy with Ivara you can quickly plonk down a invisi-bubble and wait for your energy-pizza to fill you back up. 
Another fun thing is also if you have 2 ivaras in the team. You can bypass prowl by shooting each other with invisi-bubbles and run to your hearts content!

Ivara is definitely the more mana heavy of the two. But personally I think this is because most of Loki's kit is rather useless for solo play. (MY OPINION, DON'T SHOOT ME)

Personally I prefer Ivara because of the control over invisibility and the other uses her kit has. The dashwire-arrow is a personal favourite because I tend to suck at parkour in stealthy situations. I also like that her ulti is offensive as opposed to Loki's utility ult.

But ultimately it just comes down to personal playstyle :)

Edited by Leahzar
typo~

She's got an insanely high base power pool. To give her survivability you use Quick Thinking and Primed Flow.

With mods the cost of prowl becomes negligible. It caps at like 0.25 energy per second, so one 25energy globe is 100 seconds of prowl. While prowling you also pickpocket enemies, which will give you extra globes when going stealth and not killing tons of enemies. I don't know what vid you saw that said it doesn't cost energy. It's always cost energy.

You can also get energy back from syndicate procs that restore energy. The Rakta Cernos fits her very, very well because it does not need firing rate mods and you can just stack damage for Artemis Bow. By rotating in the use of Artemis Bow between procs you can also avoid needing arrow mutation. It's also inherently silent. (Silent weapons don't break the stealth.)

Prowl's headshot bonus and her powerful Artemis Bow are the difference between her and Loki. Don't get me wrong Loki is a useful frame, but he does not bring the pain. My build is only 155% power strength and I can still walk up and one hit kill lv100+ Corrupted Heavy Gunners with Artemis Bow if I get close and hit them in the head with a lot of the arrows.

Edited by VKhaun

She can somersault as fast as other frames sprint (although that may have been changed in this latest update), and she can sprint while prowling on ziplines. She's very useful for reviving teammates. Ever been a Loki reviving someone to have a Valkyr come over, start drawing fire, and then you get downed? Shoot down a Cloak Arrow and now everyone and their companions are hidden not drawing fire.

I mainly build for duration and use Streamline to reduce Prowl's energy consumption and decrease the pickpocket time. A little bit of range for her Quiver abilities and increase the pickpocket distance, and some power strength to boost her Headshot bonus and Artemis bow damage (and Navigator's max damage, but I don't use it much).

I usually use Rakta Cernos and on most missions it will proc enough to keep my energy full while prowling along with the occasional Artemis or Quiver shot. In a group Survival where enemies have started hitting harder than she can take I'll launch a zipline and keep Prowling on it. I usually take Glaive Prime because the explosive build is very powerful with her (Stealth multiplier + headshot multiplier + headshot bonus multiplier; also very effective against Nullifiers).

I usually don't stay in prowl unless I'm playing objectives (Spy vaults, mainly or other hacking things). When I'm going place to place I play as I would any other frame, shoot everything in sight or else just bullet jump past them. Weapon of choice is rakta cernos.

I think one of her main drawbacks is that she doesn't have an large AoE option, as she focuses more on higher damage against single enemies. Best thing for taking out groups of enemies is either group them up for Artemis Bow, or using navigator on an arrow and trying to fly through as many heads as possible. The damage from navigator is actually quite good, especially with strength mods and the longer you stay in it. left click to speed up, right click to slow down. Alternatively I also bring weapons like sonicor and a whip to deal with crowds.

Use stealth bubbles to revive teammates or as cover while hacking. zip line arrows to get to high places, sleep arrows on high priority targets and wardens. noise only when playing stealth of course.

Ultimately Ivara was designed with stealth players in mind, which is typically a bit slower gameplay and focuses on reliably taking out single targets or smaller groups of energy. As of such, you'll get the most of her abilities in that context, but she definitely has her uses outside of stealth. Capable of amazing damage and cloak bubbles really are the single best team ability for revives. Generally I just have a lot of fun with her abilities, even though they may not be the most efficient.

Perma invisibility that's the only reason why I would want her, cause that's the problem I've had with Loki. That milisecond is all it takes for the high level enemies to kill him. Don't get me wrong I LIKE HER KIT, I think her 4th is very useful compared to loki. I guess tumble and tumble and tumble is the answer for her being slow. Sigh I've got high hopes for her, I will still use her, she is a fun frame.Mobility is my only issue with her, and only tumble is the answer.. lol... well Thanks for the answers.

Prowl drains 1 energy per second (0.25 with max efficiency) when standing still and 3 energy per second (0.75 with max efficiency) when moving. You can move faster by rolling or double jumping and rolling. You can also sprint without breaking Prowl when you are on a zip line.

Energy orbs will still regenerate energy while Prowl is active, as will the several syndicate procs that regenerate energy. For missions where you don't care if you break your stealth combo, many people like using the Rakta Cernos or augmented Dark Dagger (with Covert Lethality) to consistently regenerate energy.

One major advantage Ivara has over Loki is her Sleep arrow, which will open enemies up for finishers (here's where the Dark Dagger comes in) as well as prevent them from becoming alerted by the deaths of their comrades.

With only normal Flow Ivara has 525 max energy. Assuming energy pizza at start of the mission and max efficiency build prowl gets 35 minutes of standing still or a bit over 11 minutes of constant movement WITHOUT any other energy drops in between. A very good fit for my taste of stealth. Rolling to move becomes second nature after a while and using bow means rolling won't break reloading.

Everyone gave great advice on ways to use Ivara.  I will add in the new Infiltrator mod she now has could work for you.  It give you a speed boost while in Prowl.  With a 166% in Power strength you will have a Prowl speed very close to Ivara's normal walking speed.  You still won't be able to sprint while in Prowl, but it's must faster than regular Prowl.  

There's a lot of flexibility in how you can build her and still be viable.  My build is a little bit non-standard when compared to most, but it works for me.  

Here's my power stats.  Since I use Zenurik and Rakta Cernos I don't have energy issues.  I can get away with not using Flow.  I specifically didn't want anything to go below 100% because I use all of her skills.  

duration 108% This is the only stat I'm not too happy with

Efficiency 160% for everything

Range 145%  Sleep, Noise, Cloak,and steal range in Prowl

Strength 181%  for Infiltrate Mod and Artemis Bow

Navigator is effected by multiple stats.  I don't use it much yet, but I plan to be a beast with the Glaive in the future.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
added info

Ivara has many uses but really benefits from having a solid mod collection to choose from so newer players won't enjoy the frame as much. For CC you have sleep arrows and Noise Arrows and you can use Duration and Range mods to improve their effectiveness. For DPS, Artemis bow is really strong when Power Strength mods are added able to tear apart level 100 Sortie bosses with ease. For looting you have prowl and for mobility and tactical utility you have riplines. 

For survivability the combination of Primed Flow, Quick Thinking and the frame's energy pool gives great defense capability. You can also provide fantastic support to your team using cloaking arrows either to revive downed allies or shooting them directly to attach it and protect glass cannon frames like Nova. Prowl's energy drain is minimal with efficiency mods and if you add the focus school Zenurik, you can cast a cloak arrow, turn off prowl while remaining invisible and let Zenurik recharge your energy for as long as you need. I generally use a fairly balanced setup utlising Range, Efficiency, Duration and Power Strength but it all comes down to what you want to use the frame for and the mission you're going to be doing. Ivara is a really flexible frame that can handle just about any situation in the game, just try out all the abilities and see what you prefer. And get the Syndicate augment mod if you want to move faster while using Prowl. She's easily one of my favourite frames since release.

Edited by Zilchy