Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advices on C.C frames for non-Draco Interceptions?

NativeKiller

Question

I currently have;

1) Blind Mirage(5 forma'd),

2) Irradiating Disarm Loki P(2 forma'd)

3) Chaos Nyx P(2 forma'd).

I heard that Nova(Slowva?) is amazing as well so I am going to forma and draco it this weekend. :)

I just wanted to know;

1) What C.C frames/builds to use for T4 or Sortie Interceptions or other missions

2) How to use them effectively 

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to great advice. ;)

P.S//

What would be the most powerful and/or easiest C.C frame for Interception missions?

I am willing to try out different frames but I'd like to hear your opinions on this as well! :)

Edited by NativeKiller

25 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Roboplus said:

20160612145718_1_zpslw64fykv.jpg

Avalanche the things.

If worried, Snow Globe the consoles to buy more time.

Oh, and you can replace Rush with whatever. I might switch it for Maglev to aid my Maiming Strike Sibear.

Oh, I think this is an interesting approach. :D

Thanks for the input!

I think if I were to use this, I would take Rush out for Primed Flow for more power spamming. ;)

5 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Oh, I think this is an interesting approach. :D

Thanks for the input!

I think if I were to use this, I would take Rush out for Primed Flow for more power spamming. ;)

Sure, that's what I do on reduced energy Sorties.

Most of the time Zen is enough to keep me going. More specifically, Avalanche lasts around as long as it takes for Zen to give you the energy back to cast Avalanche again.

1 minute ago, Caobie said:

i use vauban personally for infestation missions where youre not running around the map too much. my build is probably not good but i try to have high duration balanced with strength and efficiancy.

Yeah, Vauban seems to be really awesome for infestation missions. :D

Any other suggestions for non-infestation missions? :)

inaros can be pretty effective cc if his 4 is used well. it keeps things stunned and unable to shoot or even move for a pretty decent time and gives life steal to anyone in range and his 1 has decent coverage too but it doesnt stun for as long or as well. other than that i think youve listed all the other 'viable' cc frames. zephyr is....there...not great cc but it exists and a fun one thats not super effective but definitely does do cc is oberon. max range max efficiency build on him and you can keep a pretty sizeable area on the ground or at the very least rad proc'd forever

Edited by Caobie

20160618020016_1_zpsb1wcb9xm.jpg

Invis arrow where you're standing (to keep passive energy regen, opposed to Prowl, and aid allies), sleep arrow enemies.

Flow/QT was enough to save me a few times from that 110-200 Infested Survival yesterday.

Ignore the Intruder, that's for clinch saving Grineer Spy Sorties. When there's only 7 seconds left you can't afford a mistake.

Just now, Caobie said:

inaros can be pretty effective cc if his 4 is used well. it keeps things stunned and unable to shoot or even move for a pretty decent time and gives life steal to anyone in range. other than that i think youve listed all the other 'viable' cc frames. zephyr is....there...not great cc but it exists and a fun one thats not super effective but definitely does do cc is oberon. max range max efficiency build on him and you can keep a pretty sizeable area on the ground or at the very least rad proc'd forever

Ooh, Inaros!

I actually don't have him yet, but I will definitely keep him in mind!

Thanks for the input! :D

1 minute ago, NativeKiller said:

Ooh, Inaros!

I actually don't have him yet, but I will definitely keep him in mind!

no prob :D and you should double check my post i made a a small edit.

1 minute ago, Roboplus said:

20160618020016_1_zpsb1wcb9xm.jpg

Invis arrow where you're standing (to keep passive energy regen, opposed to Prowl, and aid allies), sleep arrow enemies.

Flow/QT was enough to save me a few times from that 110-200 Infested Survival yesterday.

Ignore the Intruder, that's for clinch saving Grineer Spy Sorties. When there's only 7 seconds left you can't afford a mistake.

Nice!

I think I might use this after all!

...When, I actually manage to farm all of Ivara's parts. :(

Personally, a repelling bastille Vauban works well on any non-void Interception mission. Even against Corpus if your team is good at popping nullifiers. All you gotta do is stand at the center of the room throw pokeballs at choke points and the enemy is trapped. Failing that, just throw bastille everywhere.

It does require an EV and a good knowledge on how to throw pokeballs properly though.

Edited by Alma_Elma

7 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Personally, a repelling bastille Vauban works well on any non-void Interception mission. Even against Corpus if your team is good at popping nullifiers. All you gotta do is stand at the center of the room throw pokeballs at choke points and the enemy is trapped. Failing that, just throw bastille everywhere.

It does require an EV and a good knowledge on how to throw pokeballs properly.

I have a long way to go until I master the art of throwing pokeballs but I will definitely keep this in mind!

Thanks! Looks like Repeling Bastille Vauban works well for non-infested missions as well. :)

1 minute ago, Voidforged said:

I do it with Nyx.

nyxbuild.jpg

Works with all factions. Play-style below. V

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks!

Mine is identical to yours except for the fact that I use Streamline instead of Chaos Sphere. :D

P.S// So, do you think that Nyx is pretty much the best C.C frame for Interceptions at the moment?

Thought I'd ask :D

To defend one point, i usually go with Hydroid and the puddle. Otherwise, max strength nova is good too(Don't forget to put duration as it affects how far Mprime goes). 

It always depends on your squad setup, if you already have a Nova or enough CC, a damage frame might be better. I personally LOVE the Nova/Ember combo. 

Just now, Stoner74 said:

To defend one point, i usually go with Hydroid and the puddle. Otherwise, max strength nova is good too(Don't forget to put duration as it affects how far Mprime goes). 

It always depends on your squad setup, if you already have a Nova or enough CC, a damage frame might be better. I personally LOVE the Nova/Ember combo. 

Oh, Hydroid for single-point defense, got it!

Thanks for your input :D

P.S// Yeah, the Nova/Ember combo seems to be really powerful, indeed.

I gotta tell myself to stop lazying around and go finish forma'ing them up. (LOL)

6 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Thanks!

Mine is identical to yours except for the fact that I use Streamline instead of Chaos Sphere. :D

P.S// So, do you think that Nyx is pretty much the best C.C frame for Interceptions at the moment?

Thought I'd ask :D

Nice. I use streamline during raids or in groups, but for solo, I consider Chaos Sphere to be superior. As it allows you to cast it at one end of the map and then move to the other, whilst newly spawning mobs are still chaos'd by the sphere. Every video I linked uses that strategy.

And yes, I do think Nyx is currently the best warframe for solo Interception.

Edited by Voidforged

9 minutes ago, Voidforged said:

Nice. I use streamline during raids or in groups, but for solo, I consider Chaos Sphere to be superior. As it allows you to cast it at one end of the map and then move to the other, whilst newly spawning mobs are still chaos'd by the sphere. Every video I linked uses that strategy.

And yes, I do think Nyx is currently the best warframe for solo Interception.

Yeah, I am actually currently away from home so I wasn't able to watch the video yet. (sadface)

Thanks for the input!

It really helped me out much more than you may think!

At least, now I am confident that I am not going in the completely wrong way! Yay!

Edited by NativeKiller

This one's an incomplete build. And you need Banshee's Arcane Chorus Helmet and Zen as your Focus is highly recommended, but at least you don't need any Forma for it.

20160618032850_1_zps7t8wqv73.jpg

With maxed out Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, and her Arcane Chorus Helmet, you will achieve 100% efficiency under the hood. This means that Duration no longer has any impact on the cost of toggles. With that in mind, dropping your Duration to the floor will result in Silence lasting 3.1 seconds. Spamming Silence at this duration will allow you to constantly stun enemies. It's not a perma-stun, but they're stunned for more than 50% of the time. With Savage Silence you can even Finish them, but the whole thing comes at considerable cost to energy. Zen as your Focus will completely counter this.

You can then pair that up with Resonating Quake, which you can still channel at minimum cost due to the 100% efficiency, for considerable CC over a tremendous area. With just 190% range, you can reach all 4 Interception points on Void maps.

Of course, this comes at the cost of Sonar. You can get a shot or two off before it expires, but that's it.

Still, for a Forma-less build (waiting on Banshee Prime), I've enjoyed considerable success. Even ignoring Resonating Quake, forcing enemies to constantly stop, and with the added benefit of executing them, is incredibly powerful for a quick, acrobatic playstyle.

Edited by Roboplus
Clarification and Addendum

5 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

This one's an incomplete build. And you need Banshee's Arcane Chorus Helmet and Zen as your Focus is highly recommended, but at least you don't need any Forma for it.

20160618032850_1_zps7t8wqv73.jpg

With maxed out Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, and her Arcane Chorus Helmet, you will achieve 100% efficiency under the hood. This means that Duration no longer has any impact on the cost of toggles. With that in mind, dropping your Duration to the floor will result in Silence lasting 3.1 seconds. Spamming Silence at this duration will allow you to constantly stun enemies. It's not a perma-stun, but they're stunned for more than 50% of the time. With Savage Silence you can even Finish them, but the whole thing comes at considerable cost to energy. Zen as your Focus will completely counter this.

You can then pair that up with Resonating Quake, which you can still channel at minimum cost due to the 100% efficiency, for considerable CC over a tremendous area. With just 190% range, you can reach all 4 Interception points on Void maps.

Of course, this comes at the cost of Sonar. You can get a shot or two off before it expires, but that's it.

Still, for a Forma-less build (waiting on Banshee Prime), I've enjoyed considerable success. Even ignoring Resonating Quake, forcing enemies to constantly stop, and with the added benefit of executing them, the set is incredibly powerful for a quick, acrobatic playstyle.

Thank you for taking the time to give me your input!

I do have a 5 forma'd Banshee but I don't know if it would be able to utilize this build properly. (sadface)

Also, I don't have any Arcane Helmets except for Pendragon and Squall so maybe this is out of my reach yet. :D

Edited by NativeKiller

Just another input here, Nekros with a Terrify build is one of the most effective CC frames in game when it comes to close map missions like interception. Creeping Terrify augment is nice and all, but I personally would only use that for endless survival/defense missions. Regular terrify is better because it makes the enemies run back into their spawns and away from the consoles, while reducing armor and making you take almost no damage. About a year ago, an event called the Phoenix Intercept was around that had a escalation phase, where you'd fight enemies starting at level 100 and going to level 150, and this was a time were those levels were considered unobtainable. It was heavy blade only and no focus/blood rush melee builds, and Scindo Prime/Galatine/Gram were the only heavy blades, so killing was insanely difficult, unless you had my galatine build :)

We actually did it fairly easy. My Team?

Me as Terrify Nekros (Enemies couldn't touch us).
Soundquake banshee
EV Trinity
Irradiating Disarm Loki

There is no best it will depend in the mission and your teammates setup

nova, nyx, frost, volt, inaros, loki, banshee, atlas, mag, ivara, and almost all the frames have a way of cc only few dose not

see what fits your play style and use it

ps: try to get all the frames you will have a lot of fun and won't get bord since you can change the frame for new experience 

2 hours ago, (PS4)lxl3zoozlxl said:

There is no best it will depend in the mission and your teammates setup

nova, nyx, frost, volt, inaros, loki, banshee, atlas, mag, ivara, and almost all the frames have a way of cc only few dose not

see what fits your play style and use it

ps: try to get all the frames you will have a lot of fun and won't get bord since you can change the frame for new experience 

Thanks!

Yeah, I am actually trying to get all the non-vaulted warframes for MR and versatility. :D

Thank you for the input!

2 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Just another input here, Nekros with a Terrify build is one of the most effective CC frames in game when it comes to close map missions like interception. Creeping Terrify augment is nice and all, but I personally would only use that for endless survival/defense missions. Regular terrify is better because it makes the enemies run back into their spawns and away from the consoles, while reducing armor and making you take almost no damage. About a year ago, an event called the Phoenix Intercept was around that had a escalation phase, where you'd fight enemies starting at level 100 and going to level 150, and this was a time were those levels were considered unobtainable. It was heavy blade only and no focus/blood rush melee builds, and Scindo Prime/Galatine/Gram were the only heavy blades, so killing was insanely difficult, unless you had my galatine build :)

We actually did it fairly easy. My Team?

Me as Terrify Nekros (Enemies couldn't touch us).
Soundquake banshee
EV Trinity
Irradiating Disarm Loki

Ooh, nice! I have a Nekros forma'd up

I will see if it would be good enough for a Terrify build.

1 hour ago, NativeKiller said:

Ooh, nice! I have a Nekros forma'd up

I will see if it would be good enough for a Terrify build.

No problem. Here, these are two different ways I build for terrify. One specializes in range, while the other in duration. I need 1 more forma to perfect it, but I'm lazy lol.

HLHNiKo.jpg

qOkhzNu.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044