Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only Clones for Bladestorm rework is very lame.

-N7-Leonhart

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Finisher damage type that is dealt by other things than just finishers, like EV, bleed procs and Tentacle Swarm for example. Those things do not proc Trickery. Finishers proc it, not finisher damage type.

Yeah I get You, but it says here Finisher Kills deal from Melee attacks, that proves that Blade Storm should be a Stance! Hidden Blades are his Exalted weapon basically.

Scale it off of melee mods, and You have a single target assassination ultimate that provides Ash wit enhanced utility while in this current state.

1 minute ago, AKKILLA said:

Yeah I get You, but it says here Finisher Kills deal from Melee attacks, that proves that Blade Storm should be a Stance! Hidden Blades are his Exalted weapon basically.

Scale it off of melee mods, and You have a single target assassination ultimate that provides Ash wit enhanced utility while in this current state.

I agree, as long as it is not OP, completely new and fresh from the other exalted melee and will fit perfectly with Ash's style.

Maybe just give him the wrist blades as exalted weapon and while the ability is on, teleport becomes super fast, equal to what one bladestorm finisher is now.

And please, if you rework Ash, turn Smoke Screen from crappy invisibility to actual smoke screen.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

So nerf Smoke Screen? I would say it needs advantages over the other invisibility skills, not just a weaker copy.

No, it would create areas where any frame could be invisible and enemies would be blind. And make it castable in the air (throws the bomb down on the floor).

3 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Maybe just give him the wrist blades as exalted weapon and while the ability is on, teleport becomes super fast, equal to what one bladestorm finisher is now.

And please, if you rework Ash, turn Smoke Screen from crappy invisibility to actual smoke screen.

or maybe in addition to the exalted weapons, everytime that it is out, he can strike an enemy from a certain distance away, like what the new mod for the twin basolk does, but i also like the teleport  idea too, it makes it so that it has synergy

25 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I agree, as long as it is not OP, completely new and fresh from the other exalted melee and will fit perfectly with Ash's style.

I would say add an AoE cloud to Smoke Screen but still keep Ashs invisibility even outside of Smoke Screen, the disadvantage with sitting in the cloud is the fact Warframe is a run and gun and sitting wouldnt fit, Ivara has this with Cloak arrow but it can be attached to allies and practically any surface, plus dont forget Ivara has Prowl! 2 means of stealth making her the Queen of Invisibility.

Ash needs to hold on to the little duration he has, keep the same duration, apply a cloud AoE that can choke enemies opening them to Finisher kills.

This will innovate Ash, make him more team friendly, and make Smoke Shadow shine! His Best augment next to Fatal Teleport.

1zyDR5v.jpg?2

y8wT1Os.jpg?2

sANCfBv.jpg?1

As You can see above, Smoke Shadow is a fantastic augment for team play, However due to its short range and cast speed along with parkouring allies flying everywhere, its difficult to cloak Your allies like Ivara so this augment works great as a Revive tool, and as a Sortie Defense to protect the Operative. what people fail to notice is Smoke Shadowed allies cannot be dispelled while smoke shadow is active making this an even better augment, with this AoE Cloud smoke shadow will function alot better along with the CC buff. I have no problems with Ashs smoke screen duration I would only like to see the Cloud mechanic in game like Assassins Creeds smoke bomb

26 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

23 minutes ago, Naftal said:

5 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

For a good Bladestorm rework, 2 things are vital imo:

1. The player must have more interaction while performing Bladestrom, this is self-explanatory;

2. Ash himself must perform it. I don't want to see Ash as another lame caster type, that just launches his clones to do the dirty work, while he stays behind safely. So I would say that no more clones is a good way to start it.

I would have thought that pointing at an enemy, pressing click and instantly teleport-killing him, with chaining from kill to kill fluidly would be decent, but we do have something similar albeit much weaker to that in Teleport itself.

Make Ash's 4 a passive drain that adds massive buffs to his other abilities, and makes his finishers use his wrist blades at Bladestorm 2.0 speed.

4 hours ago, Naftal said:

No, it would create areas where any frame could be invisible and enemies would be blind. And make it castable in the air (throws the bomb down on the floor).

So a genuine CC support frame then :P

Sorry, but that is not Ash. That is pretty much the Blind Excal and Mirage have. I don't say it won't be effective, but it sacrifices personal effectiveness (hard to compare with total invisibility) in exchange for being more squad friendly.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

So a genuine CC support frame then :P

Sorry, but that is not Ash. That is pretty much the Blind Excal and Mirage have.

They don't create areas of invi/blind that have smoke with duration. They just blind a huge aoe at once. All invi/blind abilities are similar anyway and this would be the most unique so far. Unless you want to change Ash completely away from the invi/blind mechanics?

Edited by Naftal

3 minutes ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

Make Ash's 4 a passive drain that adds massive buffs to his other abilities, and makes his finishers use his wrist blades at Bladestorm 2.0 speed.

Kinda doubt they will go that way. An ultimate skill needs to be ultimate in power of effectiveness, not just some stats increase for other skills and some finisher weapon reskin.

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Kinda doubt they will go that way. An ultimate skill needs to be ultimate in power of effectiveness, not just some stats increase for other skills and some finisher weapon reskin.

But all interactive Bladestorm would be is a buffed Teleport with wrist blades.

3 minutes ago, Naftal said:

They don't create areas of invi/blind that have smoke with duration. They just blind a huge aoe at once. All invi/blind abilities are similar anyway and this would be the most unique so far. Unless you want to change Ash completely away from the invi/blind mechanics?

No, I think Smoke Screen is pretty good. Maybe it needs more unique stuff added to it compared to other invisibility skills, but it's hard to compare any defensive skills with that.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

1 minute ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

No, I think Smoke Screen is pretty good. Maybe it needs more unique stuff added to it compared to other invisibility skills, but it's hard to compare any defensive skills with that.

Currently it's just a S#&$ty invisibility with stagger and can't be cast in air.

Why is it even named Smoke Screen? It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe change its name then so some other future ninja frame can have smoke screen ability.

Edited by Naftal

Currently it's just a S#&$ty invisibility with stagger and can't be cast in air.

Why is it even named Smoke Screen? It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe change its name then so some other future ninja frame can have smoke screen ability.

Don't just get stuck on the naming sense. It could have been named any other way. But any skill from what you have proposed would undoubtedly be less effective than what it is now.

In that case, it would mean you are proposing a nerf to it. That is fine, but I think it can hardly be the target of a nerf right now.

1 minute ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Don't just get stuck on the naming sense. It could have been named any other way. But any skill from what you have proposed would undoubtedly be less effective than what it is now.

In that case, it would mean you are proposing a nerf to it. That is fine, but I think it can hardly be the target of a nerf right now.

How is it a nerf? It changes its mechanics and gives it much more use and flavour.

How is it a nerf? It changes its mechanics and gives it much more use and flavour.

It gives more squad usage. But a bind / static smoke CC has all those downsides to it that invisibility doesn't.

If you want to give it a  squad friendly vibe, then the Smoke Shadow augment is perfect for that.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

It gives more squad usage. But a bind / static smoke CC has all those downsides to it that invisibility doesn't.

If you want to give it a  squad friendly vibe, then the Smoke Shadow augment is perfect for that.

But it currently is the same gameplay as Loki's invisibility but with more downsides.

Ninja needs a smoke bomb. Not invisibility.

22 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Literally the only thing I like about the WoF idea is that it will make Ash players give a damn about Duration. 

I pretty much only use Smoke Screen over Bladestorm lately since I can't stand the current version, so I only mod for duration.

See i like the idea of bladestorm but at the same time i dont want another ability that pulls out a special weapon that would drain your energy at a constent (ex: EB,Hysteria, Wukong Staff,Exalted Bow, Hysteria) because it will just make the Blade storm even worse because instead of playing the frame for all its worth ppl would only want to use blade storm like they are still doing now.