No carry penalty

No charged ball

No passing

No sliding

No jumping

No teamwork

No pre-mades

No PUGs

What you guys actually want to play is called "Sitting in your Liset" and you're free to do it whenever you want.

3 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

First of all, goalies are fine and secondly...

This thread is because of check spammers and nothing else, huh?

pE4KqcT.jpg

Goalies are the most boring thing ever, they can easily cover the whole goal nearly uninterrupted... if the goal was bigger or there were 2-3 goal rings (quidditch please) a goalie would make sense, it might even make having one the most effective way of playing, enabling 4v4 again

I am fine with checking and stunlocks, turtles camping at their own goals and leading to less goals and less reputation per match are cancer though.

Score instead of turtling: more goals = more reputation, you don't lose anything if your team scores less. Play for the score and for the fun.

3 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Goalies are the most boring thing ever, they can easily cover the whole goal nearly uninterrupted... if the goal was bigger or there were 2-3 goal rings (quidditch please) a goalie would make sense, it might even make having one the most effective way of playing, enabling 4v4 again

I would make sense for the goal to be slightly bigger, but we just aren't fast or accurate enough (Or at least I'm not lol) to protect THREE different goals... a good attacking team would just faceroll the other at that point.

I don't wanna even comment on enabling 4v4 again... Because that was the stupidest thing I've ever tried to play.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

You do know that most people can score for the middle of the field right ? No Goalies would make this eazy mode.

13 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

I am fine with checking and stunlocks, turtles camping at their own goals and leading to less goals and less reputation per match are cancer though.

Score instead of turtling: more goals = more reputation, you don't lose anything if your team scores less. Play for the score and for the fun.

Some people like to play to win, not so everyone can get a commendation medal.

I'm perfectly fine with Goalies. Trust me, I don't know how many times I've floated in front of a goal, and yet the ball went in. It's not as OP as it seems, and it is very simple to avoid if you play even semi-smart. The real problem is check-spam. Fix that, and you fix Lunaro.

16 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

You do know that most people can score for the middle of the field right ? No Goalies would make this eazy mode.

Thats why i said bigger or more goals are preferred. (right now the goalie has the easiest job of his life, unless he gets ganged to death).

3 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Trust me, I don't know how many times I've floated in front of a goal, and yet the ball went in.

Ping issue. With ping 100 or lower you can just sit in your own goal intercepting each and every throw, unless it is unstable lunaro, but you'll still deflect it.

2 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Thats why i said bigger or more goals are preferred. (right now the goalie has the easiest job of his life, unless he gets ganged to death).

How does bigger goals make the issue of people scoring from midfield easier to deal with?

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

Ping issue. With ping 100 or lower you can just sit in your own goal intercepting each and every throw, unless it is unstable lunaro, but you'll still deflect it.

Huh. I wasn't getting that much lag, but I'll take your word for it. Nevertheless, I have consistently had experiences where I've floated in front of the goal, and the offender simply waited for me to drop before pelting me (or something along the lines of that). Trust me, goalies aren't that hard to counter if you actually use common sense.

It seems to me they designed Lunaro to attract PVE players, but instead catered to those PVP players always complaining about speed in normal conclave in the process, thus making it a slow running spam fest of checking from all account I've read. To me as a PVE player I'd say...

Speed, speed, speed, bullet jumps, and ROCKET LEAGUE over Hot Potato with a baseball bat, If you're gonna rip it off, rip it off right! ... Don't rely on some top down floppy disk game from the early 90s with checking to be gifted to this generation of pirates, jerks, and teabaggers and not expect a little, or a lot of shenninagans. 

Whenever you are near the goal in the leetest craziest way possible..... you aim the goal, HYPE!! YOU GONNA SCORE..... Nah it passes it to teammates who werent even remotely near your aiming reticle.... -___-........ thats my story why F*** Lunaro :D, also it would be really cool if they got some inspiration from NBA jam, Twisted metal and add in for example: Volts poop thingy to buff run speed and melee speed :OO.

plz devs? :O! <3 (imagine tenshin pronouncing: boomshakalala)

nba-jam.jpg

Edited by Drag0nChaser

50 minutes ago, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

How does bigger goals make the issue of people scoring from midfield easier to deal with?

It makes goalie less of a braindead job, so having one is not just a nuisance but rather a necessity against players with decent aim. midfield shots are easy enough to intercept due to the ball slowing down so much. I odnt want to solve the issue of hitting an empty goal too easily, but rather make goalies less stupid.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

47 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Trust me, goalies aren't that hard to counter if you actually use common sense.

You are completely missing my point. A presence of a goalie decreases the number of goals scored per match (forget about those 3-2 point shots). Less goals = less reputation. It is true for both the winning and the losing party. Reputation wise with two goalies in a match both team lose reputation wise.

If Lunaro had a fixed reputation rewarded to winners, goalies would be perfectly fine. Right now there is completely no reason to stand on goal, as the reward is determined by the scored points, not by the victory itself. Lose with the score 10-20 and get more rep without a goalie than winning with the score 1-2.

Of course you can say some people just enjoy playing to win, but then we can also assume some people play just to check.

Edited by SeaUrchins

2 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

You are completely missing my point. A presence of a goalie decreases the number of goals scored per match (forget about those 3-2 point shots). Less goals = less reputation. It is true for both the winning and the losing party. Reputation wise with two goalies in a match both team lose reputation wise.

If Lunaro had a fixed reputation rewarded to winners, goalies would be perfectly fine. Right now there is completely no reason to stand on goal, as the reward is determined by the scored points, not by the victory itself. Lose with the score 10-20 and get more rep without a goalie than winning with the score 1-2.

Of course you can say some people just enjoy playing to win, but then we can also assume some people play just to check.

saves give half rep than a goal. good goalie gets nice amounts of standing

don't spread lies here if u never played goalie >_>

yeah, i get what you're saying. "everything is awful and needs to be removed!!!!1one".
or, honestly, people could just learn to be better Players. Latency is the only truly awful problem in Lunaro, like all Multiplajayer things. (there's obviously a couple other things, and while annoying, are relatively minor)

5 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

points tied to only actions

reasonable, winning should be giving a Multiplier to all points accrued during the Match for that Team - standard way to incentivize winning for those looking for points.

and uh, some of those points being shared, for perhaps obvious reasons. because trying to get XP in PvE without Shared XP would be pretty awful sometimes, as you'd be fighting over Kills to get XP. just as in Lunaro you... kind've are fighting over performing actions.

Edited by taiiat