Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ack and Brunt Mod

Xinima

Question

What if there are four people in a squad and they all have Ack and Brunt with the Kela mod, Electromagnetic Shielding. Then everyone stands on a high level grenade and blocks.

How is this damage transferred, if 50% of your damage is transferred to everyone else as their 50% of damage taken is dealt to you? Do all of the transferred damages cancel the mod out? Does everyone take multiplicative damage compared to the original? Is the damage reduced because we enter in an endless loop of taking and distributing 50% of the damage?

13 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, Xinima said:

What if there are four people in a squad and they all have Ack and Brunt with the Kela mod, Electromagnetic Shielding. Then everyone stands on a high level grenade and blocks.

How is this damage transferred, if 50% of your damage is transferred to everyone else as their 50% of damage taken is dealt to you? Do all of the transferred damages cancel the mod out? Does everyone take multiplicative damage compared to the original? Is the damage reduced because we enter in an endless loop of taking and distributing 50% of the damage?

Not entirely sure about the number though from what i have tried from infested osprey on sortie, and sometime the damage mitigation didnt seem to occur for some reason.

(All damage is assume without getting toxic proc, your hp is 690)
1. you got hit by the fart and took 240ish of your hp (alone)
2. someone with 240 hp got hit by the fart, instantly down( block isnt activated yet)
3. you using the block, but the person still down , took x damage (unsure about the actual damage taken, around 60)
4.you using the block, the person alive, though with low health , you took 120 damage (what happen most of time)

for really really really low damage from enemy, using the block will make your allies invul to damage as long they are in range, sometime dont work though, while increasing the damage you taken

so in your testcase, it maybe a bad idea to use all 4 electromagnetic shielding, as the damage will be same or even more than what you suppose to take, as for the damage transfer cant answer since no one use it during my playtime.

Edited by TheFalseEclipse

46 minutes ago, Xinima said:

Is the damage reduced because we enter in an endless loop of taking and distributing 50% of the damage?

I'm bad at math but i think you will take more damage not less!

50% + 50% + 50% + 50% = 200% more damage to each one but i could be wrong :/

Also this suicidal method can work with Inaros and Chroma since they can tank well, Inaros got huge health pool and can self heal, Chroma got Vex Armor which benefits from incoming damage so any other frame once the bad scaling kicks in will kiss it goodbye.   

3 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Also this suicidal method can work with Inaros and Chroma since they can tank well, Inaros got huge health pool and can self heal, Chroma got Vex Armor which benefits from incoming damage so any other frame once the bad scaling kicks in will kiss it goodbye.   

Wukong.

7 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Yes but the damage you take is also transferred to everyone else blocking. 

I mean not just you blocking. But everyone.

5 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Pretty much this, but, one thing to consider is that while blocking you're also reducing incoming damage by 85% from just blocking. So, say you take 100 damage from an explosion, that means you're taking 15 damage just for yourself, 8 damage when you apply the damage reduction from the others blocking. Then you take an additional... 24 damage from the 3 that you're absorbing for? So, 32 damage total.

2 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

Wukong.

Defy isn't 100% reliable since after your 3rd or 4th "death" you have to recast it to refresh it other wise you will die and at high level when you don't even the amount of damage you just took you might burn through it right away, it's useful but you don't want to create the squad around it.

This DO need testing since i may be wrong about which i hope so....

11 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Pretty much this, but, one thing to consider is that while blocking you're also reducing incoming damage by 85% from just blocking. So, say you take 100 damage from an explosion, that means you're taking 15 damage just for yourself, 8 damage when you apply the damage reduction from the others blocking. Then you take an additional... 24 damage from the 3 that you're absorbing for? So, 32 damage total.

I forgot about that about the damage reduction from blocking :(

Also did you calculate armor in frames which also reduce damage to health?

And if you run Everlasted Ice ward Vex Chroma and used this mod, how damage is reduced if the amount gained armor from the Ice ward is 450?

4 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

I forgot about that about the damage reduction from blocking :(

Also did you calculate armor in frames which also reduce damage to health?

And if you run Everlasted Ice ward Vex Chroma and used this mod, how damage is reduced if the amount gained armor from the Ice ward is 450?

If I calculated ALL the damage reduction, things would get nuts. XD Pretty sure with enough armor spread around, that 100 damage would turn to 0

Welcome.
I'm in this game. Perhaps someone knows how to help me wiser or give advice.
Concerns about you such that you do not play, I almarmi take off. Ainuklt get moving averages. After clicking with the mouse does not do anything on the other boxes. I play PC.
I've included a link below. Not sure if it works.

Thanks for the help !!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f5kd0i34dxrvv2/Screenshot 2016-07-03 23.14.48.png?dl=0