Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Conclave is a joke with a bad punchline

Moongrime

I was in a conclave game and ran across a guy who was literally standing there and not moving, I unloaded my ENTIRE clip into his HEAD, and his shield never moved, then out of nowhere draws his weapon and 1 shots me......  I was in awe, rofl. I literally have never played a game that had PVP content in it that was as bad as Warframes. Its dull for many reasons and not very enjoyable.
1. It literally has the smallest population of people to even play with or against.
2. It is very obvious there are certain weapons and frames that are unbalanced, you can count on 1 hand what 90% of veteran players use in there.
3 There are really no rewards for doing it other than the Syandana, I have had numerous people say during matches "I am just doing this for the Syandana"
4 Again, there is no one to play with or against, after obtaining the said Syandana 99% of them probably wont ever touch this S#&$ show.

I posted about this sort of thing before and had a few people try to tell me it was latency and I needed to set it lower etc. This is definitely not the case I have mine set to the lowest available. I played very infrequently since I started playing Warframe, mainly because it sucks, and saved all my standing to rank up and for the coveted Syandana.  I recently obtained it and have bought 3 defensive Frame mods and 1 rifle damage mod and it seems to make absolutely zero difference. I have increased shields and over shields that I seem to still get 1 shot through, yet I can pump someone full of rounds and watch them walk away with shields intact, never having over shields. Its pretty obvious its broken somehow,  when you have how many who play this game? And literally maybe hundreds who even casually do conclave, probably even less?
I mentioned before I got a rifle mod that seems to do nothing for damage output regardless of what I put it on, I have a flight speed mod that I can equip on some weapons , but not on others for some reason, it all just seem arbitrary and asinine. Oh but the Daikyu mod 40+% damage to shots, yea that sounds balanced or what about a mod that says has a negative 4% stat reduction that destroys that stat well past 4%..
There are times I try to get into a game and no one is even playing, even if  I try and start one.  People literally have to recruit sometimes to fill matches and "do dailies" which is a joke when you have  a friends who recruited and invited each other, and are basically win-trading, talk about some top notch PVP action, lmfao. I have even been told "hey man chill out, we are trying to get out daily missions done" when I'm killing them.... what a bad joke.

Edited by Moongrime

1) It might be small, but I can still find a match pretty reliably. Switch regions a little or just don't play in the middle of the night, and you'll find matches just fine. Not sure what your problem with this is.

2) So go on then. Name them. I can guarantee at least half, if not all, of the loadouts I use normally won't be in that list. There are some exceptions, though, but not because those weapons are meta. Some weapons are simply the only ones to do something. Furis is the only automatic secondary with puncture damage. It's not that it's overpowered, it's just that it's the only thing to do that. Scythes are the only melee that have reliable aerial attacks. Most are pretty crappy, and this should be fixed, but it's not that they're overpowered, it's just that everything else is useless for that purpose. However, when it comes to primaries, it is extremely diverse. A few awkward projectile weapons are ruled out, sure, but there are plenty of weapons to choose from that do just fine.

3) Really nothing to say about this. They just added one of the best armor sets in the game, if you're looking for cosmetics. And if you're actually interested in the PVP, there are tons of mods to get, both from teshin and through the mission rewards. 

The rest of your post is just venting frustrations. I'm not going to bother reasoning with that.

1 minute ago, residente said:

Conclave is basically 6-8 Loki Primes with Latron Primes shooting and bulletjumping randomly.

Nah, the most used frame seems to be Excalibur and the Latron Prime tends to be used only by people with good aim. Mk-1 Braton and Struns seem to be FotM primaries. There's also some 1 or 2 odd full melee players too (myself included)

Just now, Nazrethim said:

Nah, the most used frame seems to be Excalibur and the Latron Prime tends to be used only by people with good aim. Mk-1 Braton and Struns seem to be FotM primaries. There's also some 1 or 2 odd full melee players too (myself included)

What can I say, I have started playing conclave just to get the Lunaro armor sets, and that's what I've seen so far. I don't even know if there is an kind of matchmaking there but what I've seen in my games is what I said. 

3 minutes ago, residente said:

What can I say, I have started playing conclave just to get the Lunaro armor sets, and that's what I've seen so far. I don't even know if there is an kind of matchmaking there but what I've seen in my games is what I said. 

So far the only modifier to matchmaking other than ping limit is Recruit Conditioning, which prevents beginners to end up in matches versus veteran players. When it's active it will match the player only with Conclave Rank 1-2 players and disable rare mods. It is automatically disabled (you can't enable it again) when you reach Conclave Rank 3

My advice: Play for the cosmetic rewards and Conclave becomes a grueling grind. Play for Fun and Conclave becomes enjoyable and the cosmetic come to you.

Edited by Nazrethim

Just now, Nazrethim said:

So far the only modifier to matchmaking other than ping limit is Recruit Conditioning, which prevents beginners to end up in matches versus veteran players. When it's active it will match the player only with Conclave Rank 1-2 players and disable rare mods. It is automatically disabled (you can't enable it again) when you reach Conclave Rank 3

Im pretty sure I've reached rank 3 already but I have literally no mods on my warframe or weapons so I guess I'll have a harder time now.

6 minutes ago, residente said:

Im pretty sure I've reached rank 3 already but I have literally no mods on my warframe or weapons so I guess I'll have a harder time now.

Don't worry, you can actually do well with starting equipment and no mods. Few mods are mandatory, namely Lie in Wait for Snipers (which is unlocked at rank 3 anyway) and Martial Fury for melee (same rank). Conclave revolves more around skill than equipment (except for really sh*tty weapons like for example Karyst) so practice leads to improvement.

Edited by Nazrethim

18 minutes ago, residente said:

You can do what my raid groups do, just get into a lobby wit ha bunch of people, do the challenges and leave. This way you can get standing quick and fast without having to play the mode. Even @ OP. There is a way you just need alot of buddy

Just now, Eureka.seveN said:

You can do what my raid groups do, just get into a lobby wit ha bunch of people, do the challenges and leave. This way you can get standing quick and fast without having to play the mode. Even @ OP. There is a way you just need alot of buddy

I've never left a match thinking there would be some kind of penalization like winning 0 standing.

4 minutes ago, residente said:

I've never left a match thinking there would be some kind of penalization like winning 0 standing.

They might of fixed it. So you might have to stay for the entire match, but ur with buddies so you can mess around easily

"The biggest issue there is with Conclave is the awful Peer to Peer connection"

One of the biggest but not the only one

Edited by Eureka.seveN

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

Hey Phazedragon, you forgot to mention the Conclave Sigils, which, unlike the other synds (sans Simaris) are cosmetic. Conclave sigils look awesome. Example Loliframe Nova Prime:

Warframe0030.jpg

Only reason i touch Conclave.

Sexy sigils and sexier skins.

With all the Warframe nerfs lately I decided to visit my local GameStop and look for some new games to escape to. I picked up Doom4 and Evolve on the cheap. Oy, now I know why Evolve gets the "this game sucks" complaint. If any game is a bad punch line it's EVOLVE. I am trying to give it a chance, but it has seven days to do so, or it's going back. The sad part is that you can see the game would be total fun as a PVE slugfest if they had gone Left4Dead with the campaign. I'm going to try solo mode and just putz around with it against the bots.

Doom4 is awesome, but it's Multiplayer...well I've had enough of Halo PVP to last a lifetime. Slapping a satanic map over COD Spartans isn't Doom, so good luck Quake Champions. 

Rip off Rocket League we say to De, the fun parts of it we said, speed, a giant ball to bullet jump into, a big colorful bright and cheerful map, we said. Nope. Enjoy a spamfest of checking and hot potato and players completely undermining the game so much so, I suspect the Quit penalty is one option to curb toxic players with many more to come...

Oh well. Can hardly wait for it to hit the consoles. So much so I went out and bought some new games to explore. Because quite honestly I can handle the one shot wonder power nerfs like Mesa, but once speed, damage, and fun is being slowed down. Well it's not a good thing, I came to Warframe for the PVE speed, damage, and powers, not for one more Destiny, Halo, Call Of Duty, Battlefield, slo-mo how dare you run away PVP experience jammed into one more title due to the whining of we want it. Only to completely destroy PVE due to complaints in PVP running over into other portions of the game. 

Never put cosmetics in PVP with a large PVE crowd. They don't want to play PVP, they want the cosmetics. So they will seek the easiest path to those cosmetics, and once done...never ever come back to conclave unless it's forced on them. And then expect nothing but toxicity till they can finally be free. 

Eh, Conclave is mostly well balanced, sure there are some odd balancing choices here and there but overall is balanced. The thing is that the skill gap between veteran and beginner is huge mostly due to PvE being a grindfest of spamming with little to no challenge, thus when they enter the Conclave and find the cheesy pve "tactics" (I'm not sure if standing on a crate on draco spamming X ability can be called tactic) don't work, the lazy and the impatient rage and the strong-willed  and the patient improve. Conclave requires a different mindset to be enjoyable. the "I ALWAYS WIN" mindset doesn't work there.

35 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

due to PvE being a grindfest of spamming with little to no challenge, thus when they enter the Conclave and find the cheesy pve "tactics" (I'm not sure if standing on a crate on draco spamming X ability can be called tactic) don't work, the lazy and the impatient rage and the strong-willed  and the patient improve. Conclave requires a different mindset to be enjoyable. the "I ALWAYS WIN" mindset doesn't work there.

Typical response. Did you ever think that those PvE players actually play competitive games outside of warframe? Whether is be Gears, Halo, Arma, Cs:GO, League, Overwatch (just to name a bunch). You make it sound like warframe is the only game that warframe players play.

I have a pretty good theory as to why the skill gap is so big. Maybe it's because people simply do not like the PvP in this game. Maybe it's because a starting player is smart enough to already identify the flaws of the mode, and by doing a time-benefit analysis, realize that the multiplayer games in his/her steam collection are much more fun, entertaining than warframe while still being competitive.

Don't blame warframe's PvE for PvP's abysmal popularity. That is just an excuse and a poor one at that.

7 hours ago, Moongrime said:

I was in a conclave game and ran across a guy who was literally standing there and not moving, I unloaded my ENTIRE clip into his HEAD, and his shield never moved, then out of nowhere draws his weapon and 1 shots me......  I was in awe, rofl. I literally have never played a game that had PVP content in it that was as bad as Warframes. Its dull for many reasons and not very enjoyable.
1. It literally has the smallest population of people to even play with or against.
2. It is very obvious there are certain weapons and frames that are unbalanced, you can count on 1 hand what 90% of veteran players use in there.
3 There are really no rewards for doing it other than the Syandana, I have had numerous people say during matches "I am just doing this for the Syandana"
4 Again, there is no one to play with or against, after obtaining the said Syandana 99% of them probably wont ever touch this S#&$ show.

I posted about this sort of thing before and had a few people try to tell me it was latency and I needed to set it lower etc. This is definitely not the case I have mine set to the lowest available. I played very infrequently since I started playing Warframe, mainly because it sucks, and saved all my standing to rank up and for the coveted Syandana.  I recently obtained it and have bought 3 defensive Frame mods and 1 rifle damage mod and it seems to make absolutely zero difference. I have increased shields and over shields that I seem to still get 1 shot through, yet I can pump someone full of rounds and watch them walk away with shields intact, never having over shields. Its pretty obvious its broken somehow,  when you have how many who play this game? And literally maybe hundreds who even casually do conclave, probably even less?
I mentioned before I got a rifle mod that seems to do nothing for damage output regardless of what I put it on, I have a flight speed mod that I can equip on some weapons , but not on others for some reason, it all just seem arbitrary and asinine. Oh but the Daikyu mod 40+% damage to shots, yea that sounds balanced or what about a mod that says has a negative 4% stat reduction that destroys that stat well past 4%..
There are times I try to get into a game and no one is even playing, even if  I try and start one.  People literally have to recruit sometimes to fill matches and "do dailies" which is a joke when you have  a friends who recruited and invited each other, and are basically win-trading, talk about some top notch PVP action, lmfao. I have even been told "hey man chill out, we are trying to get out daily missions done" when I'm killing them.... what a bad joke.

This post is a joke with a bad punchline. And you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Also if you clearly unloaded an entire clip in his head and his shield did not budge that just means you missed an entire magazine of shots lolololololol. Which is hilarious btw. You post that on here like someone is going to sympathize when all it does is show how bad you are. :)

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

This post is a joke with a bad punchline. And you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Also if you clearly unloaded an entire clip in his head and his shield did not budge that just means you missed an entire magazine of shots lolololololol. Which is hilarious btw. You post that on here like someone is going to sympathize when all it does is show how bad you are. :)

why don't you address his points? Instead you insult his character. And then you wonder why pockets of PvE players hate PvP and calls the players who play it "elitists" 

1. How about we see the population numbers first. IF DE is confident in their PVP then they would release stats on how many people play it would they?

2. This game favors mobility so it's clear that high mobility frames are favored amongst veterans. Although I would have to concede that this version of conclave is more balanced. Even if that is not saying much.

3. There is a CLEAR representation over this. When that syndana came out, everyone was going for it. Even now with the armor, my raid buddies are back at it farming challenges. The only desire to play the mode for most PvE players is for the armor set, and since the majority of the player base is PvE players I would not be suprised if OP was correct.

4. He's kinda right about that. Tried to find an annihilation and CTC lobby around 20 mins ago. EMPTY. Managed to find a CTC just now and 1 TDM match that was already completed. Usually 1/3 gamemodes have games going on while the other two are almost empty. Excluding Lunaro, you find a lot of games on that mode.

Edited by Eureka.seveN

50 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Eh, Conclave is mostly well balanced, sure there are some odd balancing choices here and there but overall is balanced. The thing is that the skill gap between veteran and beginner is huge mostly due to PvE being a grindfest of spamming with little to no challenge, thus when they enter the Conclave and find the cheesy pve "tactics" (I'm not sure if standing on a crate on draco spamming X ability can be called tactic) don't work, the lazy and the impatient rage and the strong-willed  and the patient improve. Conclave requires a different mindset to be enjoyable. the "I ALWAYS WIN" mindset doesn't work there.

Exactly. Guys are so use to slapping on mods and then thinking they are good by spamming the same things over and over again in PVE and then in conclave they realize no amount of mods you slap on will make you good if you aren't A) coordinated B) know how to stay moving and C) shoot while on the move. They are so use to just modding stuff and forma-ing stuff to be good they come into conclave and realize they can't do any of that and the water-works ensues immediately. And like you said I'm not sure standing on a crate and spamming the same thing over and over again until the cows come home count as much of any type of tactic or skill period. But somehow to them that is skill but conclave is just random jumping and no skill even though clearly there's players who get 15-0 or 20-0 and there's players who go 0-15 lol. So that must mean there's some skill there. And clearly they aren't getting those scores.

1 minute ago, Eureka.seveN said:

why don't you address his points? Instead you insult his character.

1. How about we see the population numbers first. IF DE is confident in their PVP then they would release stats on how many people play it would they? (Where are these numbers? Until they come out and are verifiable like you once said there's nothing to back up either my point of view or yours)

2. This game favors mobility so it's clear that high mobility frames are favored amongst veterans. Although I would have to concede that this version of conclave is more balanced. Even if that is not saying much. (Yes it favors mobility. I've always said this.)

3. There is a CLEAR representation over this. When that syndana came out, everyone was going for it. Even now with the armor, my raid buddies are back at it farming challenges. The only desire to play the mode for most PvE players is for the armor set, and since the majority of the player base is PvE players I would not be suprised if OP was correct. (I'm fine with people playing PVP just to farm for stuff. I have no problems. In fact I encourage people in my clan to play it even if it's just for farming stuff. What I'm not okay with is post's like this one saying right off the bat pvp is a joke and a bad punchline. You see with that kind of statement you are already wanting a fight. That's not a remotely objective statement asking for debate. You posting that in conclave feedback...once again CONCLAVE section of the forums is asking for a fight. And I'll gladly give anybody one if I see that.)

4. He's kinda right about that. Tried to find an annihilation and CTC lobby around 20 mins ago. EMPTY. Managed to find a CTC just now and 1 TDM match that was already completed. Usually 1/3 gamemodes have games going on while the other two are almost empty. Excluding Lunaro, you find a lot of games on that mode. (This I'll agree with from time to time. But it hasn't been so bad on Xbox One. Maybe it's worse on PC right now. I can't refute that because I don't play PC. So I won't argue with him here.)