Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOD Question

LitPea

Question

9 answers to this question

Well first good thing to do is get yourself a carrier so you can build up your mods and have more duplicates. This'll help making pickups easier while also increasing your overall total mods that you have. With doing this you should then have lots of duplicate mods. Duplicate mods are very good for lvling them up.

But while this is true you'll still need credits. Void capture missions are a good source of quick credits and if you have a good amount of time on your hands often then Id suggest getting a credit booster if you're gonna focus on doing only credits for a while. Raids can also be a good source of credits but if you're fairly new I'd stay away from that.

And in terms of components people are usually always willing to be in a farming group for them. It's just better for lets say if you needed nano spores, if you find a planet that has them say something like H Orokin Cell farm(If you choose to farm on Saturn). I say to do this because most people already have more than enough of nano spores cause it's a very common drop. People dont tend to have a lot of O Cells(unless if they do Draco daily) so you'll find people more willing to join. And then the better places to farm tend to be survivals.

Edited by rawr1254

for your warframe mods: max out vitality (health), redirection (shields) and steel fiber (armor). Those are your mods that increase your survivablility although certain frames for example: inaros does not need redirection because he has no shields so therefore it would not help him at all. max out the other basic mods: intensify, stretch, streamline and continuity for an increase to your abilities. once you start going into the harder levels, you can start modding for which ability you use the most.

as for your weapons... but before i go on, damage 3.0 will come up soon as it will change mandatory mods so some things will change. anyway: max out your damage mods (serration and split chamber (primary), hornet strike and barrel diffusion (secondary), pressure point (melee)), then mod towards your elements for a damage increase towards enemies.

I would actually recommend against leveling warframe and weapon mods "equally".

What you want to do, is to get yourself something that can carry you  - so focus on one weapon type or warframe. I would recommend a melee weapon, because melee weapons (in my experience) are easier and cheaper to mod than primaries and secondaries, and don't require (much) forma to be effective - you're usually good to go with just a catalyst and a maxed stance.

When you have a weapon (or frame) that can kill everything that the game throws at you (in regular play), farming/leveling/reaching new content is a lot easier. With a good weapon and a decent warframe, you can even take on the sorties (with a good group) without having to worry that you'll slow down the rest of the group - and sorties reward some good credits, and (with a bit of luck) a lot of gold cores to help level the rest of your mods.

EDIT: Obviously, put some effort on your vitality and redirection mods to keep yourself alive a bit more, but there's really no need to max those immediately.

Edited by Tomppak

12 hours ago, rawr1254 said:

But while this is true you'll still need credits. Void capture missions are a good source of quick credits and if you have a good amount of time on your hands often then Id suggest getting a credit booster if you're gonna focus on doing only credits for a while. Raids can also be a good source of credits but if you're fairly new I'd stay away from that.

As a new player raids are out of the question and they probably don't have much in the way of void keys. A better suggestion would be Dark Sector Defense missions. Being infested and majority melee you can safely hang out on top of buildings/crates and pick them off with whatever weapon you are using (you can get bonus affinity gains depending on the node and weapon combination if you are leveling too). Reason? Dark sectors give you twice what they list as a credit reward plus whatever drops in the mission. You only need to do 5 waves and extract so you can spam them solo. For this reason I would really hesitate to suggest a new player buy a credit booster. Credits are really easily acquired and a new player would be better off getting weapon/frame slots or even a potato for their favorite frame to make the rest of the game easier (I wouldn't suggest using one on a weapon unless you absolutely love it or have researched it and know you will be sticking with it).

I always hit up Ceres whenever I get a login booster for credits to make a quick 120-200k as it gives 40k+ per 5 waves. I don't suggest running it for 2-3 hours straight though... it is pretty damn boring. But a starting player can easily do the Earth DSD to pad their pockets for some new weapons or blueprints. Try to open them up as soon as you can so you can attempt each planet's dark sector mission (I think they start around 7k on earth and get to 10k at the highest level planets) and where you can comfortably farm. The reason I suggest solo is, you could possibly run into public groups that want to go further than 5 waves, so it is just being considerate to solo and not mess with anyone else's time.

Edited by Wopel

2 hours ago, Wopel said:

As a new player raids are out of the question and they probably don't have much in the way of void keys. A better suggestion would be Dark Sector Defense missions. Being

I know...that's why I said if he's new. And with a booster you can get a good 200k~ credits in about 20 minutes with a good group in a raid and also get boosters, injectors, and a good amount of credits from rare containers. And as for Dark Sector it "kinda" is a good source of credits. But with Void captures if you are with a quick group compared to DSD which takes 4-7 minutes for 5 waves you can do a capture mission in about a minute for the same amount if not more credits and also have a prime part drop instead of nothing from DSD.

Edited by rawr1254

On 6/27/2016 at 1:03 PM, rawr1254 said:

I know...that's why I said if he's new. And with a booster you can get a good 200k~ credits in about 20 minutes with a good group in a raid and also get boosters, injectors, and a good amount of credits from rare containers. And as for Dark Sector it "kinda" is a good source of credits. But with Void captures if you are with a quick group compared to DSD which takes 4-7 minutes for 5 waves you can do a capture mission in about a minute for the same amount if not more credits and also have a prime part drop instead of nothing from DSD.

And credit boosters cost plat, which if you are a new player, would be 100% better spent on slots (assuming they are willing to spend money to buy plat in the first place). As a new player it isn't "kinda" a bad idea to invest plat in that way, it is basically a horrible idea. Even at "mid game" that plat would be better spent on just about anything besides a credit booster, the only real exception being leveling multiple syndicates at the same time (1.5-2 million credits for the last rank ups for 3-4 syndicates) and even then it is probably still iffy. It is a "trap" option for new players.

DSD gives a good credit reward, minimal time investment, minimal gear requirements, "ok" affinity rewards (to good affinity with matching weapons) and requires no one but yourself to do (no reliance on others to carry you or provide keys). All factors favorable to new players and it doesn't cost you limited resources (real life money or keys).