Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sabotage Caches and their rewards

(PSN)Sin-Kytori

Question

So everyone knows about the caches dropping extra prime parts in the void. That's nothing new. But most people also know that when do you do open them in the void, the third also has a chance to drop a forma/reactor/catalyst bp which is nice given how they seem to have choked the alerts that give them. But I was running a sab mision on ceres to test a build I was tweeking and I didn't go for the caches but I had a thought as I was leaving. Does the regular sab missions have a decent chance to drop Formas and taters from caches as well?

9 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

So everyone knows about the caches dropping extra prime parts in the void. That's nothing new. But most people also know that when do you do open them in the void, the third also has a chance to drop a forma/reactor/catalyst bp which is nice given how they seem to have choked the alerts that give them. But I was running a sab mision on ceres to test a build I was tweeking and I didn't go for the caches but I had a thought as I was leaving. Does the regular sab missions have a decent chance to drop Formas and taters from caches as well?

A quick look at the wiki page states that the Orokin caches has their own drop table. So they are the only ones with a chance at dropping forma. No catalysts though.

I have never heard of a cache dropping orokin potato bp.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

most people also know that when do you do open them in the void, the third also has a chance to drop a forma/reactor/catalyst bp

Say wha?

Where did this "widely known" information come from?

You might get a Forma (BP or built) as the second reward if it's in the droptable for the current Void mission,
but this is the very first I've heard of Potatoes being possible Sabotage rewards (and I've run A LOT of them, with all 3 Caches found).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sabotage

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Sabotage

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Cache

Reading through these pages it doesn't look like normal sabotages drop forma and I don't believe any sabotages drop catalysts/reactors.

All though if you collect all three caches on a reactor sabotage there is a chance for nitain to drop.

In the comment section of the second link there are sabotage/cache drop tables if you feel like reading through it all.

I know I've gotten a blue tater from orokin. I had about 7 sab keys once that I ran solo just to do the caches and I got one then. Thinking back, I don't know if I ever got a gold tater so I may be wrong on that one but I know formas for a fact in void because that's how I've built most of my dojo. I'll look through those tables though. I didn't know about the nitain drop.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

I know I've gotten a blue tater from orokin. I had about 7 sab keys once that I ran solo just to do the caches and I got one then. Thinking back, I don't know if I ever got a gold tater so I may be wrong on that one but I know formas for a fact in void because that's how I've built most of my dojo. I'll look through those tables though. I didn't know about the nitain drop.

I'm 100% sure you "know" wrong. Yes, most people know about the forma, but potatoes has always been alert only, until they were added to sortie rewards. And those are still the only 2 ways to aquire them without paying for them with plat.

No, no other way of getting reactors/catalysts other than alert, sorties, or market.

Forma (both built and BP) can be acquired in forest sabotage though, on Earth while you use antitoxins.

I've tested it though and from the results it seems that the reward system is bugged.

So the only worthy and somewhat reliable sabotages you have left are: Reactor sabotage (or sabotage 2.0) which rewards Xiphos and nitain, Hive sabotage on Eris that rewards Shell Shock and High Voltage, Uranus sabotage which rewards parkour mods (the only way to obtain Lightning Dash so far), and Void sabotage which rewards prime parts and forma. All other sabotages drop resources or cores.