Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rate My Slova Build

(PSN)Saobie3

Question

So Nova is dfinatly my favorite and most used frame. But as i kept stacking power strength (since i was told its what affects the slowing and the increased damage enemies take) i noticed no changes. I read up everything i could about her and long story short i found out i built her all wrong. So im making a new build using the following mods, going to forma as needed.

Continuity

Redirection

Vigor

Streamline

Rending Turn

Narrow Minded

Intensify

Power Drift

Constitution

I would use Transient Fortitude, only it decreases duration, which i want to absolutly max out, since whole map coverage of places like Draco seems extremely beneficial. I wont be able to work off of the chain reaction caused by kills like i normally do though, but ill adapt. The Redirection and Vigor are ofc for survivability, i play pretty reckless (that never changes) so i need to last xD Rending Turn is mostly a filler, i like the added mobility but its something i can replace

What do you all think?

20 answers to this question

Just now, taiiat said:

Vigor is never useful.

and going off the deep end for Duration isn't entirely necessary.

120% extra to both seems useful enough to me :P and im mostly maxing duration since i already maxed strength, range isnt too useful. and efficiency would penaltize duration

My (Teamplay) Slowva is built like this;

--------

Forma - 5 times(compatible with Speedva build)

Aura - Corrosive Projection

Exilus - Power Drift

1) Redirection

2) Quick Thinking

3) Primed Flow

4) Primed Continuity

5) Narrow Minded

6) Constitution

7) Intensify

8) Streamline/Handspring/Something else

(I forma'd two "r" polarities to ㅡ)

(I am using a Nova P so it might be different for a vanilla Nova)

------

Primary: Synoid Simulor

Focus: Zenurik

(For energy recovery)

---------

Built for survivability and max duration

P.S// IMHO, Vigor is never useful unless you are going for a Max health Inaros build

Edited by NativeKiller

Defensive mods' only purpose is to make nova not one shot KO (65 armor, LOL). Here's nova's play style. Find a four sided wall and press 

Nova: I got 65 armor, what you got? DR: 17.8%

Chroma: LOL. Only you know...41889.9560625 (892.5*4.485*10.465) DR: 99.3%

I recommend this build.

764caf10fbad716427b38a0ba8622934.jpg

Edited by -Filthy-

13 minutes ago, -Filthy- said:

Defensive mods' only purpose is to make nova not one shot KO (65 armor, LOL). Here's nova's play style. Find a four sided wall and press 

I recommend this build.

Not the best build cause as long as your moving you'll minimize how often you get shot and vigor is just eww much rather quick thinking for raids and everything else and i recommend p flow but its your choice and why fleeting much rather handspring  Ps im running grace and victory on my builds as long with cp

Edited by (XB1)TheboomDOOM

13 minutes ago, -Filthy- said:

I recommend this build.

Redirection, Quick Thinking, P. Flow would be better for survivability if you ask me.

Nova wouldn't benefit very much from a bit more health anyways.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TheboomDOOM said:

Not the best build cause as long as your moving you'll minimize how often you get shot and vigor is just eww much rather quick thinking for raids and everything else and i recommend p flow but its your choice and why fleeting much rather handspring  Ps im running grace and victory on my builds as long with cp

Id personally prioritiz shild of hp for the majority of frames, especially ones like Nova who have low base armor.

Quick Thinking is a mod i simply cannot get my hands on rn. Though, i did forgt about Flow. But i dont cast super often, i mostly use prime, sometimes anti-drop when my weapon isnt doing enough CC. Akstiletto + Anti-drop = glorious mayhem

9 minutes ago, (XB1)TheboomDOOM said:

This build was created for self sufficiency.For raids, things are completely different. This is general game play. He wanted a build that covers everything on map Draco, and this build does well.

QT removes energy in case you run low on HP, and without fleeting you have 70 EN cast.

Edited by -Filthy-

here's what I use:  

power drift 

p continuity, constitution, narrow minded, p flow, streamline, intensify, natural talent and quick thinking 

you'll get good slow with intensify and power drift, the best possible duration, streamline and p flow (or flow) for the best efficiency since you don't wanna use fleeting expertise, and you'll have good survivability with quick thinking, since you have p flow with you 

19 minutes ago, -Filthy- said:

I recommend this build.

if you use a R3 fleeting expertise, it'll save up some duration, and you'll still have 70% efficiency 

4 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

if you use a R3 fleeting expertise, it'll save up some duration, and you'll still have 70% efficiency 

definitely, I'm just too lazy to go through and maximize and minimize. :P

and for frames I use for rank 2 blind rage.

Edited by -Filthy-

I use this with Zenurik focus.

Occasionally I toy with the idea of putting another V polarity on in order to ditch Fleeting Expertise, shift Streamline into that slot, and then equip Transient Fortitude but I have other builds that do other things with the two unpolarised slots and it would mess those up. Constitution in place of Fleeting Expertise is also an option but I usually find the radius is large enough for defensive purposes.

I main Nova, she is a squishy frame, shield mods do nothing scaling off her low shield base. Her greatest attribute is her energy pool so use it for defense by using Quick Thinking and Primed Flow. 

Aura: your choice, I usually run Corrosive Projection

Exilus: Power Drift.

Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Rage, Intensify, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise(rank 4).

If you don't want to use Rage drop it for either Vitality or Stretch but Rage allows you to gain energy when you're hit and Quick Thinking saves you from lethal damage by absorbing energy from your energy pool instead of your health. So replenishing it quickly will help you stay alive longer. Zenurik focus is also highly recommended to help with this.

Edited by Zilchy

7 hours ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

What do you all think?

If I had to give it a numeric mark it would be 4, because it's pretty garbage with pretty flawed logic behind it. However, I'm not really judging as you could put what-ever mods you want for all I care, but I suggest you sticking to 10 second duration on MP wave so it would cover 50m(that should cover for most of your needs as recasting it cuts off the previous wave anyway.), have around 150% bonus power strength so you would have optimal slow and you can use P flow(if you have it) + quick thinking for defensive mods as nova has high base energy pool. Aura you chose is probably the best choice, so good job on that. I hope this helps somewhat and most importantly - have fun.

On 6/28/2016 at 11:36 PM, (XB1)TheboomDOOM said:

My builds are mostly the same for raids and normal gameplay.

Welp. My raid builds are very different, as teammates can remove some elements for you, and you can focus on what's the most effective.