Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm having problems with my mouse

Hahne

Question

Since a few days my mouse has been acting strange. The camera randomly shifts angle, like it can start going from looking straight ahed to looking at the ceiling without me doing anything. My weapon also sometimes starts shooting on its own, even when I don't even have my finger on the left mouse button. These problems go away when I aim (with right mouse button), and when I am not in a mission. I have also not experienced it outside of the game. I have tried to switch mouses and reinstall the game but that does not help. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

9 answers to this question

Do you have a wired or wireless game controller plugged in to your PC? These could be causing your problems.

If that isn't the culprit, you did say you tried switching mouses. Have you tried resetting the control bindings for your mouse in-game? Sensitivities and all that. Or did you try running a calibration test on your mouse, from the Control Panel, if you're on Windows?

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I'd suggest taking it up with the manufacturers of the mouse, as we can't do anything to help you here. If anyone could, it'd be hard to do so, as you have provided zero specifics, like the brand of the mouse or the model. If it's just one of those little vanilla mice that comes with a computer, I'd just get a new one. They're fairly cheap and you'd lose nothing from doing so.

34 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Do you have a wired or wireless game controller plugged in to your PC? These could be causing your problems.

If that isn't the culprit, you did say you tried switching mouses. Have you tried resetting the control bindings for your mouse in-game? Sensitivities and all that. Or did you try running a calibration test on your mouse, from the Control Panel, if you're on Windows?

I have a wired mouse. I tried to reset the mouse sensitivity etc. but that didn't help. I have not tried to calibrate the mouse, but I didn't see any option for it in the control panel, neither during a short google search. Can you give any pointers on where to find it?

32 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

I'd suggest taking it up with the manufacturers of the mouse, as we can't do anything to help you here. If anyone could, it'd be hard to do so, as you have provided zero specifics, like the brand of the mouse or the model. If it's just one of those little vanilla mice that comes with a computer, I'd just get a new one. They're fairly cheap and you'd lose nothing from doing so.

I have a QPAD 5K mouse, but since I have tried different mice I figured there was not much point in naming the brand.

14 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I have this issue with my mouse every now and then too. Its a Razer Naga 2012.

Its normally just something on the optical sensor, hair for example that moves back and forth in front of the beam as you move the mouse.

I have not found anything at the sensor and I have also tried playing without a mousepad, in case the mousepad was the problem, but that didn't help. That also doesn't explain the random weapon shooting.

1 hour ago, Hahne said:

I have a wired mouse. I tried to reset the mouse sensitivity etc. but that didn't help. I have not tried to calibrate the mouse, but I didn't see any option for it in the control panel, neither during a short google search. Can you give any pointers on where to find it?

I have a QPAD 5K mouse, but since I have tried different mice I figured there was not much point in naming the brand.

I have not found anything at the sensor and I have also tried playing without a mousepad, in case the mousepad was the problem, but that didn't help. That also doesn't explain the random weapon shooting.

Like RobWasHere said, if you have a laptop, disable the touchpad if you aren't using it.

As for the Mouse in the Control Panel, depending on your OS (Win 7, 8, 10) there are different ways of getting to its settings. If you're on Win 7 or 8, go to the Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound, look for the Mouse category in the Device and Printers section.  There isn't actually a way to deliberately calibrate your Mouse, I was confused with Joysticks since you can do it with them. You can check the operating status of your Mouse and if you need to update any drivers though.

I'm really thinking there is something wrong with the mouse you are using currently (the QPAD 5K), you did say other mice had the same trouble right? Sorry for the late reply, I was busy working outside.

One more question: Does your QPAD 5K mouse have any trouble in other games, or just while browsing the web or something? Does it scroll or click on things all on its own, or does it only happen in Warframe?

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Like RobWasHere said, if you have a laptop, disable the touchpad if you aren't using it.

As for the Mouse in the Control Panel, depending on your OS (Win 7, 8, 10) there are different ways of getting to its settings. If you're on Win 7 or 8, go to the Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound, look for the Mouse category in the Device and Printers section.  There isn't actually a way to deliberately calibrate your Mouse, I was confused with Joysticks since you can do it with them. You can check the operating status of your Mouse and if you need to update any drivers though.

I'm really thinking there is something wrong with the mouse you are using currently (the QPAD 5K), you did say other mice had the same trouble right? Sorry for the late reply, I was busy working outside.

One more question: Does your QPAD 5K mouse have any trouble in other games, or just while browsing the web or something? Does it scroll or click on things all on its own, or does it only happen in Warframe?

My mouse is working fine outside of Warframe, and it only started happening a week or so ago.

However, I have now disabled the touchpad and lowered the graphical settings (my laptop sometimes tend to act strange when it is under high stress), and so far I have not experienced any issues with the mouse!

On 6/30/2016 at 3:20 PM, Hahne said:

My mouse is working fine outside of Warframe, and it only started happening a week or so ago.

However, I have now disabled the touchpad and lowered the graphical settings (my laptop sometimes tend to act strange when it is under high stress), and so far I have not experienced any issues with the mouse!

Well nice!

It may have very well been a issue with your PC in general, however, it is well advised to always keep your touch-pad disabled if you're using another input device for its purpose. Happy Gaming! :)