Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mod Capacity Changes

Chr1st16n

Just to throw it out there, how does the mod capacity changes reduce grinding? I mean sure you can put mods on a rank 0 weapon but you still have to lvl it up to 30 to put formas on it. In my opinion, I think the weapon lvl  should be based on MR. That's just my thought but what do you think? 

People say it reduces grind because they are able to put most, if not all the mods they want on the weapon and take it immediately into high level missions and rank it up quicker as higher level enemies give more xp. Rather than having to sit in a low level mission for 40 minutes to level it up to a point that it can take the mods so they can go to the higher level content. 

It makes it take a less time. It also helps if you have a orokin reactor(Warframes) and an orokin catalyst(Weapons) because they double the amount of slots you have for mods. 

So the higher your Mastery Rank the easier it is to max your weapons and warframes.

bs it takes the same time tested on 5  weapons since the change + 1 frame. with a booster 25-35 mins in endless missions or  45 mins - 1hr+ without a booster.

you don't get the damage output until you've reached or past the mastery # equivalent on the weapon which is backwards because you could have all the power mods damage as you level up before now you have to reach your mastery equivalent to have it. it's locked until then.

12 hours ago, ranks21 said:

bs it takes the same time tested on 5  weapons since the change + 1 frame. with a booster 25-35 mins in endless missions or  45 mins - 1hr+ without a booster.

you don't get the damage output until you've reached or past the mastery # equivalent on the weapon which is backwards because you could have all the power mods damage as you level up before now you have to reach your mastery equivalent to have it. it's locked until then.

wtf did i just read

14 hours ago, NovusNova said:

People say it reduces grind because they are able to put most, if not all the mods they want on the weapon and take it immediately into high level missions and rank it up quicker as higher level enemies give more xp. Rather than having to sit in a low level mission for 40 minutes to level it up to a point that it can take the mods so they can go to the higher level content. 

Don't you get tired of being right? XD 

anyway, what Nova said, in a way it does reduce the grind, if the MR was the rank of the item, then I think a huge part of the grind will be lost, which is a bad thing believe it or not, so the current system is a good middle-ground 

this is especially true in Archwing, since now I can go straight for the high content instead of doing easier missions to get some ranks and mod points 

For me it's just a huge quality of life thing. I'm no longer stuck using a pea shooter at any given time, so I can go about my usual business regardless of Forma usage. The one exception is Warframe powers de-ranking when Formaing a frame, but that basically just means I have to go for a totally different build than normal.