Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turret frame needs no rewards

Fuzzorz

"Mesa stand there and kill 80% of stuff ok bye" And no reward due to inactivity. Should be unbroken and having kills in that time frame would be an ez fix, or perharps a warning. But then someone will complain when people exploit it, for instance syndicate procs. In retrospect this is a pointless post never the less needs attention cause the frame is inherently prone to this unless another rework for her is made. Maybe let her do the terminator walk like I do when im lagging.

p.s. yes I know banshee is a thing

Edited by Fuzzorz

It's a design flaw, to be sure. Banshee, Saryn, Mesa, Ash, and Excaliber and Ember to some extent, and probably more that escape my memory right now, work best when they stand more or less still and do one thing over and over. And then the game seeks to punish you for playing the frames the way they perform best.

2 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

It's a design flaw, to be sure. Banshee, Saryn, Mesa, Ash, and Excaliber and Ember to some extent, and probably more that escape my memory right now, work best when they stand more or less still and do one thing over and over. And then the game seeks to punish you for playing the frames the way they perform best.

to be honest here CC support frames are more broken op when damage dealing frames and those should be considerd for nerfing first

2 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Standing still in one place is not how we are supposed to play warframe at all. We're supposed to be ninjas, not turrets. DE has tried many times to prevent us from playing frames this way. This is why Mesa was nerfed, to discourage being a turret. 

17 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Standing still in one place is not how we are supposed to play warframe at all. We're supposed to be ninjas, not turrets. DE has tried many times to prevent us from playing frames this way. This is why Mesa was nerfed, to discourage being a turret. 

Well, hence design flaw, the're going to need to do more then increase the energy drain to get people to use it differently.

1 minute ago, Godzilla853 said:

He is trying to say that if you are in peacemaker then you are counted afk and he believes it needs fixed.

Lol, if you stay in peacemaker long enough to be counted afk then you're doing it wrong. That was the point of my earlier comments. 

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Really the one who "did it wrong" is DE for making a turret : /

No, they did it right. Attempting to turret with Mesa is extremely taxing on your energy reserves. Peacemaker is designed for quick bursts of firepower, in order to provide some extra damage, not to stand in one place and shoot.

8 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

No, they did it right. Attempting to turret with Mesa is extremely taxing on your energy reserves. Peacemaker is designed for quick bursts of firepower, in order to provide some extra damage, not to stand in one place and shoot.

But that doesn't actually matter since you can counter low energy efficiency with efficiency mods, and then continue using her as a turret, otherwise the OP would never have been able to reach the afk timer point in the first place.

She stands in one place and shoots, that's what her ability does. If DE want's her to not be a turret, they need to make her not a turret, that's really all there is to it.

Edited by rapt0rman

6 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

But that doesn't actually matter since you can counter low energy efficiency with efficiency mods, and then continue using her as a turret, otherwise the OP would never have been able to reach the afk timer point in the first place.

She stands in one place and shoots, that's what her ability does. If DE wan't her to not be a turret, they need to make her not a turret, that's really all there is to it : /

Um... you can just literally NOT use her as a turret and be done with it?

You say "DE made her a turret"... but I don't recall DE ever saying "Here, have this frame. BUT WAIT : You have to play it EXACTLY like this or you can't use her"

People use her and any frame like they want.

2 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

Um... you can just literally NOT use her as a turret and be done with it?

You say "DE made her a turret"... but I don't recall DE ever saying "Here, have this frame. BUT WAIT : You have to play it EXACTLY like this or you can't use her"

People use her and any frame like they want.

I don't even use her at all, DE is the one that tried to counter the turret-mentality and didn't succeed.

Edited by rapt0rman

10 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

She stands in one place and shoots, that's what her ability does. If DE want's her to not be a turret, they need to make her not a turret, that's really all there is to it.

DE wants you to be a turret for 1:59 minutes :)

The idea that "turrets" or standing ones ground and letting the battle come to you is a bad thing is the issue.

Turrets and the concept are totally valid in conflict and actually seem to be opposed for their success

Some people are really attached to "fun", "balance" or unique displays of skill, some just want the task done with minimal effort or conflict.

Totally subjective

I would personally play mesa way more if #4 was a mobile ability

2 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

*Edit: I summon you,  @DeltaPhantom, arise and speak to us of your Mesa ways! Come forth, I command you! 

( sorry, I can't edit posts on mobile for some reason...)

*yawn* Summoning complete. Need more Dr. Pepper.

Please listen to the idiot known as my brother:

2 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

As someone who tends to main Mesa, I use Peacemaker in short bursts, to counteract the shrinking cone of death. I use the break between bursts to move around a bit while I'm at it, but only if I'm actually standing in one place for a while. Usually I'm moving all over the place, even when using Peacemaker often.

And the real design flaw isn't Mesa, it's the AFK system.

31 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

*yawn* Summoning complete. Need more Dr. Pepper.

Whew! It finally worked! I was starting to worry I'd drawn the pentagram upside-down or something. 

41 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

DE wants you to be a turret for 1:59 minutes :)

You know, I didn't think Mobile Mesa was possible before I started seeing people do it. Now I see how much fun she can be to play. It takes some skill, but the combination of Parkour and peacemaker is really where it's at with her. 

7 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You know, I didn't think Mobile Mesa was possible before I started seeing people do it. Now I see how much fun she can be to play. It takes some skill, but the combination of Parkour and peacemaker is really where it's at with her. 

She still stands still while shooting.^^