The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Prime Rewards Process: Double Grind Wall

BlackCoMerc

The difference is that it's possibly less grind for a specific item (depending on the item and how weighted against it coming up in the reward pool). 

However the clear downside is that right now you can have 1 survival key, 4 players running it to 40min, all player recieve say 4 parts. That's 16 parts for 1 key.

The new system appears to turn keys into projections. You get 1 reward per projection. You need 4 players running projections(keys) to increase drop chances and all get 1 reward each. That's 4 parts for 4 keys.

Chances are farming endless and sabotage keys now is a lot more bang per key if all you are after ducats, forma and some bonus cores. Perhaps not as efficient for farming a specific part in the new system, but again we have zero clue about what items are going to be heavily weighted against dropping, how hard those projections are to get in the first place, or how luminus works in practice to limit the highly sought after void drops.

Luminus might be pretty much essential to have any benefit in the new system over the old and we have no idea how much of a grind that is going to be to aquire.

38 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

forced to play a mission type for projections and luminous that you don't like = lack of choice and diversity and really boring af for players that it will affect the most.

This is a wash, even though you repeat this point several times. Right now, in the current Key system, I must always play Defense for specific items. There is 0 choice in the matter.

The new system does not have this restriction and actually would allow me to avoid playing any Defense mission, if I wanted to wait long enough.

In the fact of things, the new system does allow choice. You have to wait for the choice, but you can have one. The old system gives you no choice.

Edited by Brasten

On 7/6/2016 at 5:18 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

From the page:

"Every mission, a CHANCE to obtain a projection."

This is...bad. This does not sound like a chance to obtain SOME prime reward. But more like a CHANCE for any reward AT ALL.

"Bring that Projection to a Void Tear to charge it. Tears CAN spawn on any mission."

The SECOND grind wall. Will tears ALWAYS be available somewhere? Or will they spawn Alert style, for limited times? 

Right now it seems - and I want to stress, SEEMS like you first have to be LUCKY enough to even GET a projection at all. THEN you have to luck out AGAIN and get a Void Tear to spawn.

Which would be absolutely awful, in my opinion, and likely to turn me further away from playing.

Void primes are exactly this way now.

You need to be lucky to get the key you want then again be lucky to get the part you want when using the key.

15 hours ago, CrazyCortex said:

The point of the system is to allow us to select a reward, which reduces grind for what you want by a marginal amount. Honestly, I prefer that then random rewards and back to back fusion cores. 

You just can't be satisfied can you? You have to nitpick and be negative. Read the workshop as a whole, make educated guesses, see what happens on release and then provide constructive feedback. So far it seems like you're trying to find anything wrong with the system to further bash the devs.

Problem with the new system is that in order to have an actual selection for rewards, you got to run with a full party. If you run solo = you get whatever the system gives you and no choice. Run with another person or more = you get more options to choose from. The game is slowly becoming less solo friendly and more of a "going to have to party up if you want a bigger RNG buffet to pick from." At least the system we have now allows for players who run the longer missions solo to have a chance at one prime part per run, plus extra.

Basically they barely decreased the grind for groups while increasing the grind for solo players.

1 hour ago, Kaisty said:

Problem with the new system is that in order to have an actual selection for rewards, you got to run with a full party. If you run solo = you get whatever the system gives you and no choice. Run with another person or more = you get more options to choose from. The game is slowly becoming less solo friendly and more of a "going to have to party up if you want a bigger RNG buffet to pick from." At least the system we have now allows for players who run the longer missions solo to have a chance at one prime part per run, plus extra.

Basically they barely decreased the grind for groups while increasing the grind for solo players.

Uh.... Actually, they decreased the grind for groups, but didn't change the grind for solo at all. Solo now? You use one key, you get one reward. Solo in the new system? You use one key, you get one reward. The only part where this isn't true are endless and sabo runs, where you could get more than 1 part per run - But then again, they are removed from both the solo and the group players...

It is a difficult thing to gauge because what people are saying about the current endless void runs are not entirely true. We got famous AABC rotation and 20 min def generally generates 2-3 core packages, especially if you are farming something in lower tiers. Or 10 ducats worth of junk if we are lucky. 

If the new system will get rid of rotation c drops(if tears are not opening on the 20th wave for example). I think this will be a huge improvement.

Devs said new resource will drop in the mission and we know that projection gathering will be very similar to current key farming. We all need to wait for the drop rates to say if grind is decreasing or increasing. Whatever is the case, rescuing farm operations from void maps is a nice step. 

One thing is sure however. Game will need to be played more. Leeching for keys option is going away. Farming location will change constantly. Tear mechanic is something added to mission as an extra objective. We need to keep a close eye on our projections and manage them according to situations. I think they are aiming for less auto piloting and more player agency. If they improve the boring aspects of grind, I am ok with it.

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

From the page:

"Every mission, a CHANCE to obtain a projection."

This is...bad. This does not sound like a chance to obtain SOME prime reward. But more like a CHANCE for any reward AT ALL.

"Bring that Projection to a Void Tear to charge it. Tears CAN spawn on any mission."

The SECOND grind wall. Will tears ALWAYS be available somewhere? Or will they spawn Alert style, for limited times? 

Right now it seems - and I want to stress, SEEMS like you first have to be LUCKY enough to even GET a projection at all. THEN you have to luck out AGAIN and get a Void Tear to spawn.

Which would be absolutely awful, in my opinion, and likely to turn me further away from playing.

I'm more concerned with the luminous grind.

DE could easily put several prime parts on L4 projections (never mind tiers).  It takes 100 luminous to level a projection to from L1 to L4.  Our luminous bank is capped at 100.  So my question is how many void tear missions will it take to get another 100 luminous?  Will it be one run?  If not, how many?

In my eyes, the RNG is improving, but the timewall is increasing at the same time.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG