The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Elitism

28 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

im not trying to force anything, im just trying to make the point that you can beat things without a pre-set party. The idea that a pre-set is better than a non-set is a silly notion that should be squashed before it spreads... they would be considered equal because its about fun in the end... people take void way too seriously sometimes.

But then a well composed squad is actually more effective than a random squad. It is surely easier to synergize frame abilities to simply vaporize any kind of resistance and get more affinity and loot on the way, there's people that find that a fun way to play and I respect that. I think the lines between uber-cheese and a tactical choice are blurred. I never disagreed with the fact that a mission can also be beaten with a random squad, but it can be beaten more efficiently with a squad that makes the right tactical choices in the equipment screen.

What I wanted to say was that it's up to everyone by himself if he want's to trivialize a mission or not and that you don't have to play with those poeple if you do not want to. What you should respect however is the way they like to play their game.

Edited by Genoscythe

1 minute ago, Genoscythe said:

But then a well composed squad is actually more effective than a random squad. It is surely easier to synergize frame abilities to simply vaporize any kind of resistance and get more affinity and loot on the way, there's people that find that a fun way to play and I respect that. I think the lines between uber-cheese and a tactical choice are blurred. I never disagreed with the fact that a mission can also be beaten with a random squad, but it can be beaten more efficiently with a squad that makes the right tactical choices in the equipment screen.

What I wanted to say was that it's up to everyone by himself if he want's to trivialize a mission or not and that you don't have to play with those poeple if you do not want to. What you should respect however is the way they like to play their game.

I respect how people want to do play the game, im not trying to change how people do so. I was just offering my point. Generally, the pre-made teams for ... Draco... T4 survival... things like that are designed for cheese. Frost to bubble in the sewer, Mag to pull drops, Nekros to Desecrate and Nova to prime... something like that. Im just saying thats not nessecary and there are other ways to beat the mission.

I reguarly hold give aways, plat, sets or ask if someone needs a taxi.

-- Am stating that max MR is 5--

- trying to help new players
- gives away free stuff
- gets scoulded off by high MR elitist who are salty they arent getting any.

NO JOKE.... bunch of scumbagio c*nts.

Dont worry bro!, not sure if its a console thing but i cant even remember when the last time i saw one online.
---------------
Actually i do :D... time for another story: a lady i met in warframe helped me out when i was a scrub, gave me some sets, got me involved, played with her and taught me some stuff.
Then the day came she felt i exceeded her for no apparent reason and i said we dont need a trin for this mission.... we went in the mission and we didnt need a trin, i told her: see!, can have fun and be fast without a trin. All he friends aggreed even and then :O!
BAM! removed and blocked for life xDDD...

hahaha... thought id share these experiences xD, esspecialy when offering help for new players and give away free stuff, im having a good time by laughing at all the hate coming towards me.

Moral of the stories?: stop carring and stay positive and be nice yourself

Edited by Drag0nChaser

3 hours ago, starscream5269 said:

How frequent does this even happen to you? It's not a problem in general. People are acting like it's some of epidemic killing the game.

Oh, I don't get them very often, thankfully. But I have seen a few, and it's still annoying.

2 hours ago, PureIcarus said:

I respect how people want to do play the game, im not trying to change how people do so. I was just offering my point. Generally, the pre-made teams for ... Draco... T4 survival... things like that are designed for cheese. Frost to bubble in the sewer, Mag to pull drops, Nekros to Desecrate and Nova to prime... something like that. Im just saying thats not nessecary and there are other ways to beat the mission.

Bu then shouldn't we reduce the cheese instead of players using what the game offers them?

People who choose to be elitist are willingly shutting themselves off from a huge part of the community, so it's on them. If someone doesn't want me because of my MR, who cares. That's on them. Don't let that meaningless rejection get to you. For every ingame elitist 12 year old making a group there are 10 who are perfectly reasonable adults.

2 hours ago, Lanieu said:

More Elitism on the forums than in game.

This

Also its not just about mastery rank, its about players imposing their way of playing as the ONLY way the game should be played. 

Edited by -Sandman

18 hours ago, (XB1)Drunken Swede said:

Now, this is a simple query. How often do users encounter snooty players when it comes to putting a squad together?

I've seen my share.  I'm also guilty of elitist snobbery from time to time.  It can't be helped when you're one of only a thousand players who have a Gravidus Dilemma skull badge.  But I leave that snobbery out of my squad building.  I don't care who brings what to the party.

11 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

This

Also its not just about mastery rank, its about players imposing their way of playing as the ONLY way the game should be played. 

Yeah I mean, I can get bitter at DE's choices after 3.5 years of loyalty. I hate when people mistake a desire for fairness as entitlement.

8 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

Yeah I mean, I can get bitter at DE's choices after 3.5 years of loyalty. I hate when people mistake a desire for fairness as entitlement.

I can't argue that you should have a sense of entitlement after so long. I'm not saying that you said this but I maintain that there isn't one 'right' way to play this game. 

4 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

I can't argue that you should have a sense of entitlement after so long. I'm not saying that you said this but I maintain that there isn't one 'right' way to play this game. 

Yep, plenty of ways to play. What bugs me is that when DE pulls something arguably lame like Sibear and people are like, "Well I had hundreds of thousands of Cryotic and anyone who has played this game for years should too!"

So that means we all should grind the same mode to be like you?  I mean, not to sound elitist, but playing a variety of maps/modes is how the game is meant to be played.  Apply to Draco too.

Edited by Lanieu
clarified opening

15 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I'm Mr 21 maxed out for console i have 99% of everything in the game mods and weapons maxed I have still been called a noob for not having a high enough mod level.  I have been playing for close to 3 years I've never really even payed attention to that number ever...  he's actually only person on Warframe I've ever put on ignore.

My question is how d you play for three years on console? I joined before it existed on console so that makes that statement basically impossible.

12 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

Yep, plenty of ways to play. What bugs me is that when DE pulls something arguably lame like Sibear and people are like, "Well I had hundreds of thousands of Cryotic and anyone who has played this game for years should too!"

So that means we all should grind the same mode to be like you?  I mean, not to sound elitist, but playing a variety of maps/modes is how the game is meant to be played.  Apply to Draco too.

Are new crafting requirements based on DE's assessments of the (active) players' inventories? It sure feels like they take a hard average but some people with mega inventories skews the data, making it harder for some of us. 

It took me 6 weeks for farm sibear, just for mastery fodder!

Edited by -Sandman

15 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

It's not unreasonable that players should have had enough cryotic or at least very close to enough for the sibear if they had been playing years. With the caveat that they were playing a variety of nodes.

Obviously the people with 1k orokin cells might not because they did the exact opposite thing to playing a variety of nodes, ie they grind only a certain node too much, or very limited selection of nodes.

8 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

Are new crafting requirements based on DE's assessments of the (active) players' inventories? It sure feels like they take a hard average but some people with mega inventories skews the data, making it harder for some of us. 

It took me 6 weeks for farm sibear, just for mastery fodder!

I had a 9,000 head start. Any veteran player would assume that  would be enough of a cryotic stockpile for the next frame or weapon.  I have almost 1700 hours in game too.

So, sorta on subject...since some people do grind and grind the same game mode or map (for reasons I won't support), the rest of us shouldn't be punished when DE cater's a weapon's resource requirement to those outliers.  Do both sides of that coin get a case of 'elitism'? Maybe. But I will forever believe that playing the same mode or map is not how this game should be played.  And it shouldn't be forced by DE.

19 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

I had a 9,000 head start. Any veteran player would assume that  would be enough of a cryotic stockpile for the next frame or weapon.  I have almost 1700 hours in game too.

So, sorta on subject...since some people do grind and grind the same game mode or map (for reasons I won't support), the rest of us shouldn't be punished when DE cater's a weapon's resource requirement to those outliers.  Do both sides of that coin get a case of 'elitism'? Maybe. But I will forever believe that playing the same mode or map is not how this game should be played.  And it shouldn't be forced by DE.

Well i always try to look at all sides, what about the new players? I've seen new players turn away from the game due to some these craft requirements based on these skewed averages. I'm not saying it should be a dead giveaway, but saying people "should have" anything is a bit elitist. 

10 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

Well i always try to look at all sides, what about the new players? I've seen new players turn away from the game due to some these craft requirements based on these skewed averages. I'm not saying it should be a dead giveaway, but saying people "should have" anything is a bit elitist. 

I'm honestly not sure if I would stick with this game if I started as a new player right now - so much stuff to get and so much grind/RNG/timewalls working against you.

Back in my day, we only had Corpus ship tileset lol. #soelite #getonmylevel

Ironically, it's these very players, the ones often seen demanding specific frames with specific loadouts, and dismissing players that aren't conforming to what they want (under the misconception that a mission has a high probability of failure without 'X') that are actually lower-mid-tier garbage players that possess a very rudimentary understanding of the game. I imagine these players to be ones that have had an epiphany after recently discovering the combination of Streamline and Fleeting Expertise, and have begun reveling in their newfound capability to now endlessly bash their foreheads in the general vicinity of the '4' key whilst using Ash, complete with their downright dank red and black color scheme and/or Stalker sigil.

Contrary to what many players might think, it's actually the true veterans of the game, the absolutely best-geared players out there who are probably the most mellow about what other people want to bring into a mission. Why? Because we have precisely zero reason to give a ****, to be perfectly honest. No matter what any rag-tag group brings into a mission, I guarantee you that any genuine veteran player is going to effortlessly solo carry their asses without fail in the overwhelming majority of cases.

I'm actually guilty of doing pug sorties (with exception given to Spy and Rescue for reasons I'd like to think are blatantly obvious) for the sheer amusement of observing what other players bring into the mission, and for the frequent bickering in the pre-mission lobby about what frames and loadouts we apparently 'need' to complete the mission. Always worth a laugh that one, especially when you run into players who are perhaps tad too adamant about needing 'X' and 'Y'; and the very same players whom then proceed to vacate the lobby when they don't get it. Bonus exiting-with-style points for dropping a 'noobs' on the way out.

Offender No. 1: EV Trinity

Seriously, **** this monstrosity, and **** whatever cesspit of Warframe hell it was conceived in. Believe it or not, there was once a time when Trinity as a frame was practically ignored. These days, however, the number of inexperienced players out there that have an overwhelming hard-on for EV Trinity is really (really) concerning. Every time I see a host demanding EV Trinity when running things like T3 Defense (something which is actually a far-cry in difficulty to what it used to be for a number of reasons) my eyes begin rolling with such intensity that at some point in the near future I fear that I may have to pick them up off the ground and stick them back in the sockets.

Either way, boys and girls, yes, elitism sucks, but remember that 99% of the time it's coming from players who are garbage. Pay them absolutely no heed, and especially for you newer players out there; don't let them discourage you from enjoying Warframe. If you invest the time and effort to understand the mechanics of the game and build up your arsenal of mods and equipment you'll eventually see how easily exploitable the game is. Of course I'm not talking about using cheap tricks or actual exploits, but simply nodding to the fact that there's been a substantial amount of power creep that's seeped into the game over the course of its development, and for better or worse it shows now more than ever before. You can become ridiculously, over-the-top powerful in this game with a few decent mods and a couple of brain cells to rub together instead of hammering people to bring 'X' or 'Y'.

Try it.