Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck at a crossroads

(PSN)ChiefStevy

Question

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should put an Orokin Reactor on my Nyx and Trinity. I really enjoy the two frames, but I'm hesitating because they both have primed variants, which are better than their vanilla versions, and I want to put an Reactor on their primed versions when I get them.

So should I try and get their primed variants first? How better are their primed variants and how easy are they to get?

5 answers to this question

Primed Warframes only have one or two slightly increased stats and an additional polarity. The only real thing they have over their vanilla counterparts is their bonus appeal factor in the fashionframe meta.

Ideally, you should potato all of your warframes. Starting with your favorite right now. It'll make getting resources and other useful items a lot easier with the extra mod capacity.

Plus there's a chance at a reactor BP alert tomorrow, don't fret over a small number of potatoes. You'll get more as you play.

Well frames are kinda like Pokemon. You eventually collect them all. So if you plan on getting the prime variants within like the next day, then yea hold off on the reactor. 

Also to add onto what FLSH said, prime variants also gain energy from touching an death orb in the void. A lot of people tend to not know this.

You also eventually get enough prime stuff/other stuff to eventually never even need to worry about putting a reactor/catalyst into an item because you make a good chunk of plat from selling stuff. I mean I have a reactor in pretty much everything that can have a reactor and have about 10+ reactors just collecting dust. Catalysts are more scarce not because of the drops in alerts but because there's  A LOT more weapons than frames/companions.

Edited by rawr1254

I would factor in that if DE continues vaulting primes, and we have no reason to think they won't, then Nyx is the next one that will leave the game.  She's also pretty easy to farm.  The BP, helmet and systems all are common drops in multiple different missions.  Hardest piece is the chassis but even that isn't too bad if you can handle a T3 EXT and have those keys.

If I was you, I'd potato Trinity without any hesitation but I'd start farming Nyx prime.

I would advice you to get Nyx Prime and potato it. It's possibly one of the easiest Prime Frames to get, with the chassis (from T3 exterminate) being the only hard part. (Then again, this may change very soon with the next update!)
In addition, if you have plat, Nyx is pretty cheap to buy from players. Also, it's very likely that Nyx prime (with Hikou And scindo) are the next primes to be vaulted, further encouraging you to acquire it while you still can.

Besides, Nyx is really cool and useful frame. I also like the prime version because it has a bit faster sprint speed.

Reactors become available much faster than new frames. I wouldn't hessitate to recommend you use them on every frame you get. I put one on a Kavat earlier and saw that I was holding 27 of them. With a new frame coming out I would expect a 24hr reactor alert after the next devstream, maybe extras after Tennocon.