Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Specters of the Rail

[DE]Drew

Well wat can be said:

1. credit rewards are crap, so we hope the credit prices will come down too. If not well i think as per last dev stream, someone was trying to lessen the grinding. :awkward:

2. game is freezing and having low Frame rate on my pc which is 32gb vengence2100 and 6gbbx2 crossfired, so hmmm.. 

3. people like me bought the kavat segment after release and also contributed a lot of resources in the dojo (mountain /moon clannies wil understand my pain), only to see it drop from mobs :applause:

4. the new market system ... lets just not talk about it .. lets think of it as the place beyonce never visits ( u r correct ..LOO..)

5. 4 people using 4 keys 4 choices in void great, awesome. but 4 keys are burnt evrytime, so more key farm aka grinding :cough: less grinding :cough:

6. old players who ran with old key system for this long becomes filthy rich, new player becomes well... (cause of no key no loot policy newcomers cant get zilt, )

7. keys were replaced in a horrible fashion, just as off my key count i had 20+ keys to farm the last 2 remaining pieces of the unvaulted stuff. after update all changed to normal relics.. ahh wats the logic there?? 

i can go on but rest are not so important i think wil be fixed with time but these r major flaw...

NOW for good things

1. I have kavats. though they suck as bad as kubrow, may b a little better than kubrow as off now.

2. new nav map is good but glitchy, (like 2 missions 1 node and u want the normal mission? well...)

3. AW is cool reminds me of freelancer and i loved that game back in 2000s.

4. void rift is a good theory, good try poor execution.. ( best according to my pov wud have been, make the rift complete random to come in any mission any no of times like stalker and needs no keys and can drop stuff as per the mission level) but then am not a dev, so meh. 

5. the specter junctions are great but only new players will suffer.. again better wud hav been mandatory for all to finish them.( going to get a lot of hate for saying that) once u do junction u get ur access back to the planet with all the nodes u completed before unlocked.

17 minutes ago, YoeDude said:

A few people mentioned it, but not with any feelings...

They changed Draco?

Draco, the most popular mission in the game,

Where 24/7 you know there is a PUG just waiting for you.

Just got a new frame/weapon you need to level, want to test out a new build, Draco.

Wait you mean my slow Nova is not the best build for an interception??, yep Draco.

OK change is good and sometimes needed, but of all the changes, this is the one that I am going to miss, like an old friend who has passed.

I mourn you my good friend Draco

AMEN

The relic changes are nice but the map is hot garbage to navigate it look nice enough I guess not personally my thing but its harder to find where I need to go to much going on all over the screen. The circular map was better any chance there will be a way to go back to the old one? Just put the junctions as an extra option between them.

7 hours ago, m4xwellmurd3r said:

I'm not. The old one was cool. It looked like I had walked up to my console and fired it up and opened up the Tenno version of Ebay. The new one feels totally disconnected from the Liset. Same issue with the new star chart.

It really causes a lot of disconnection and immersion breaking when you go and walk up to the other consoles and they act like an actual console you're using on the Liset, then you walk to the Market and Nav and they basically warp you to a new screen.

oh, exactly what i mean : D

I am hoping the market has a larger field of view. Honestly it is too close to the screen for me and makes me nauseous unforunately. May be an option to have the market "items" and what not smaller so less strain on the eyes for fellow Tenno. Other than that everything looks good. I'm having trouble finding the relic location drop for Vectis Prime Stock. I'm currently waiting for the Wiki to get updated. Someone may have mentioned the new drop locations on here and I may have just missed it. 

17 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Yes, some of them are terrible, but just some of them being terrible isn't justification for replacing all of them.

Nullifiers exist to require players to have at least one working brain cell to play this game.

All of them are horrible, because the entire melee control scheme is horrible.

The whole system needs a replacement, not just the movesets.

Nulifiers exist because that's the only way to present a challenge with the power the player is allowed to wield: DE never had the guts to do the right thing(nerf the OP stuff), so they ended up running themselves into a corner where the only way to present a challenge to the player is to deny them their tools(rather than the tools requiring skill/thought to use).

The update isn't that terrible if I'm honest, yes it's different and most don't like change. Yes Draco is gone but if this community is resourceful enough someone will find a new "Draco" may. Supposedly Berehynia on Sedna is the new Draco. Archwing has had a step taken in the right direction but it does feel a little dizzying and the small-ish tilesets not excluding the open ones makes it a little hard to take advantage of the 6 degrees of turning. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic because these guys have also been working on The War Within and are also addressing the problems. Yes I miss survival and defence in the void but it would have been more harder for DE to implement the new system into this. Give it a few hotfixes and maybe they'll fix the problems people have with the game hey?

14 minutes ago, Naqel said:

Nulifiers exist because that's the only way to present a challenge with the power the player is allowed to wield: DE never had the guts to do the right thing(nerf the OP stuff), so they ended up running themselves into a corner where the only way to present a challenge to the player is to deny them their tools(rather than the tools requiring skill/thought to use).

If you'e referring to the void fissures I think that's a good challenge, but they need to increase the drop rate when you're solo'ing them though

Ребята почему я не могу купить чертеж лимбо хотя он должен быть в магазине говно обновление столько багов это просто убожество пока играл нашел багов 10

I wish DE the best. I understand how hard you work to make things better in the game, but this update was a mistake. I'm rank 18 I spent like 1k+ hours in the game and up to this point I always found something to do for myself in warframe. Most of the time I would just top another weapon (on the Draco) or go endless survivals. Yeah, I'm a solo player. I prefer random teams, but that's a different case. The problem is that now I don't know what to do in the game. Why? Because now there are no endless missions. They're just dead. There's no point doing them. Yeah, you might want to go in an endless mission to test your build or something every once in a while, but there's just no point doing them - there's absolutely no reward for any effort in the game now.
 You had some variety in void missions before, now you only have one mission for everything. And YES it's the same mission, different nodes don't help at all cause alert missions are garbage and are really easy to complete - any warframe with any build can do that. For the rift itself, basically you just get a bunch of nullifiers dropped on your head for two minutes. That summarizes the whole "fissure" gameplay. Your warframe doesn't matter in this situation, your build doesn't matter, your abilities doesn't matter, your skill doesn't matter - enemies are simply dropped on top of your head and there's nothing you can do about it, there's no way to avoid it. Basically instead of a variety of "ok" void missions we now only have one "wow this is so dumb" mission. This is WAY more repetitive than the tower missions. Basically you just take ember and huras everywhere. I apologise for harsh words, but this gameplay is brain-dead.
 How to fix it? I don't know, man. I'm not sure what you can realistically do at this point. You could make the fissures into a real rift to standart Tower missions (but that's lame). You could replace the rewards in the fissure missions for the void rewards (but the alerts themselves will still be easy and boring). 

I don't know, guys. I feel for this game. I've been treated like a speechless beast in my previous online game with abysmal community service and communication (warthunder ye). So when I joined warframe and saw how you treat your community and how hard you work for the project it felt like such a bliss. I really love this game. But the way it is now, there's just no point spending time in it.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

38 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I wish DE the best. I understand how hard you work to make things better in the game, but this update was a mistake. I'm rank 18 I spent like 1k+ hours in the game and up to this point I always found something to do for myself in warframe. Most of the time I would just top another weapon (on the Draco) or go endless survivals. Yeah, I'm a solo player. I prefer random teams, but that's a different case. The problem is that now I don't know what to do in the game. Why? Because now there are no endless missions. They're just dead. There's no point doing them. Yeah, you might want to go in an endless mission to test your build or something every once in a while, but there's just no point doing them - there's absolutely no reward for any effort in the game now.
 You had some variety in void missions before, now you only have one mission for everything. And YES it's the same mission, different nodes don't help at all cause alert missions are garbage and are really easy to complete - any warframe with any build can do that. For the rift itself, basically you just get a bunch of nullifiers dropped on your head for two minutes. That summarizes the whole "fissure" gameplay. Your warframe doesn't matter in this situation, your build doesn't matter, your abilities doesn't matter, your skill doesn't matter - enemies are simply dropped on top of your head and there's nothing you can do about it, there's no way to avoid it. Basically instead of a variety of "ok" void missions we now only have one "wow this is so dumb" mission. This is WAY more repetitive than the tower missions. Basically you just take ember and huras everywhere. I apologise for harsh words, but this gameplay is brain-dead.
 How to fix it? I don't know, man. I'm not sure what you can realistically do at this point. You could make the fissures into a real rift to standart Tower missions (but that's lame). You could replace the rewards in the fissure missions for the void rewards (but the alerts themselves will still be easy and boring). 

I don't know, guys. I feel for this game. I've been treated like a speechless beast in my previous online game with abysmal community service and communication (warthunder ye). So when I joined warframe and saw how you treat your community and how hard you work for the project it felt like such a bliss. I really love this game. But the way it is now, there's just no point spending time in it.

lol i stopped warthunder almost completely, even though my stats are top 5000 in leader board, even reached 2200ish at one point then i stopped playing it..compared to that this is wayyy better, (fing t10s, i hv it too though) as DE is not coming with a new frame only available by real money

No other thing in my 3 years of play was as bad as this patch.

You managed to make Archwing worse then before, and that was a remarkable feat (I actually really like Archwing)

Third of the stuff you made makes no sense what so ever and it's utterly different from the general idea said in Devstreaams. Third is broken and simply doesn't work as it should. Third was utterly unnecessary and pointless. I feel like you were fixing lots of things that weren't broken, and, well, you broke them. 

9 hours ago, Naqel said:

i do not mind nullifiers, also in my other thread abt enemy scaling a lot of people suggested to give enemies abilities, looking the the specters in the rails which basically is the frame or some frame , i hope DE is trying to do that.. also another good thing will b zone division, for example if a node is lvl 40 or so, mostly heavies will come with low spawn chance of  grunts and footmen 

Greetings mighty developers

My personal feedback on the new map update:

Both the system view and the planet view is much flashier, which is cool. There are some things that need a bit of cleanup.

• System view (There is zero information about the planets)
  1. Missing information about resources obtainable from extractor before actually clicking on the planet. (Makes the user click back and forth while searching for the correct planet, which is very frustrating.)
  2. Lacks information if extractor can be placed on the planet or if there are not-yet-completed missions. (Makes the user click... see braces in 1.)
  3. Lacks information if there are not-yet-completed junctions. (Makes the user click... see braces in 1.)
  4. I would love to have the junction connections visible somehow on the system map. It would make the view messy, but it would be cool to have the option to see them and to highlight the ones connected to the mouse-over-ed planet.
  5. As it is a lot of information and sometimes it would be cool to see the system as it is in current build, I would suggest to make these changes toggle-able. (Some small non-intrusive toggle-bar in the corner/side of system view would do nicely.)
  • Planet view
  1. The completed/not-accessible mission icons are nigh-invisible on the more visually striking planets. On Luna especially where there is a block of burned-out-white on the surface of the moon.
  2. Toggle to make it more distinct from the background would be nice. (Same place as the system view toggles.)
  • Names
  1. Poor Luna lost (N), make her name whole again.

That is my two cents. If you find something sensible in it, please let me know that you like it (and implement it :-P ).

Your faithful Tenno

Dear Warframe Admins ,

I have a problem updating the Specters of the Rail. When I'm already in the middle of  "CHECKING FOR NEW CONTENT"  it gives me an error " Update Failed"
and sometimes, the update will update so fast then it gives me the same outcome like the other problem. Please reply DE's or Co-players of Warframe. 

Patiently waiting for you reply :) 

Anybody know of an emoticon here "banging my head" (Since doing that in reality would attract too much attention) .... my D/L speed = 24Kb/s !!! My download was 23% done and then I had to cancel it with hope for more and better speed. And now Karma. Or perhaps the LAUNCHER !!!

I'm so close to clocking my monitor. -_-

P.S : Dear Developers, alternate downloads would be greatly appreciated if possible....

Edited by XReaperFlameX