The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Kavats Genetic Code

Kawalorn

Question

5 hours ago, Ketec said:

Furthermore - normal scanners do not work anymore when you have finished scanning them.

Incorrect.  If you scan a Kavat with a normal scanner, it will still work.  It SAYS that you have completed the codex for them, but will still let you scan.

Are you sure you're not scanning a Hyekka?  

personally I find it to be rather easy with Ivara, I just pop an energy pad, be careful to avoid literally all dangers, stay in prowl always, and just use sleep arrows to put the kavats to sleep, and then I shoot S#&$ with redeemer, rinse, repeat

22 hours ago, Flambeau83 said:

Does anybody know if Helios scans work?

Helios Scans do not work.

Not only does Helios doing a Scan mean no Genetic Code will drop, a Helios scan of any target prevents you from using your own Scanner on it since the target has already been Scanned.

If you're taking a Sentinel in either unequip its Attack Precept(s) so it doesn't kill Kavats before you Scan them, or remove its weapon for the same reason.

I ran through 6 ODEs today seeing at least 6 Kavats each time and got no Codes whatsoever. The RNG will always RNG but it seems the chance is abysmally low. I wish the Code was something they dropped rather than requiring Scans. Ultimately I gave up and bought three of the Kavat Starter Sets since constructing the Kavat segment requires 10 Codes by itself.

Helios scanned for me Kavat a couple of time. No DNA. And now he's no longer doing it because the Codex is done about it. I didn't tested with Synthesis ones, I'm afraid he'll start to scan again everything.

Vauban's Bastille is the answer. It keeps kavats and enemies still so you can scan them. But I still hope that the DE will increase the drop rate, it's truly insane for what is nothing else than a mere aesthetic item. I'd do that for a good drop, but not for this. 

I've read on the wiki that only unharmed kavats will give genetic codes, can someone confirm or deny this?

11 hours ago, DrPinkieDIe said:

personally I find it to be rather easy with Ivara, ...

1 hour ago, wolfsongcry said:

Vauban's Bastille is the answer.

No, it is not. The problem isn't to get Kavats to hold still long enough for a scan but that the Genetic Code drop chance is abysmally low.

Agree, the drop chance is too low... Did 40 runs , with an average I'd say of 5, 6 scans per run and i have 7 dna codes.. 
Not to mention the mess it is when you get to a room full of mobs fighting each other(but fun to watch),sometimes its even difficult to understand if theres a kavat in the room or not.
On my last mission entered a room with more then 10 grineer heavy units lol it was crazy, and those napalms aoe attack has a huge range and go trough walls...
Probably not doing it anytime soon untill they change the drop rate.

Kubrow Dens have a 10% chance to drop an Egg.  and you only need ONE egg per kubrow.  I can usually get an egg every 6 to 20 dens.  which takes about 2 to 5 easy missions (level 1-3 Exterminate before Star Chart 3.0)

For Kavats You need a Key for a to do a mission, and while doing the mission, and being attacked by Enemies and the wild Kavats, you need to scan the Kavat for a rare chance of getting DNA (less then 5%?).  And you need 10 DNA fragments to build the incubator, and another 10 to make a Kavat.

One of these is not like the other

Edited by kkinnison

Finally got 10 dna thingamajigs and it only took ~190 scans (had 176 when I last checked and finished couple more missions).

Best mission gave me 3 dna fragments 2 missions gave 2. Rest of the ones and zeros fall in between so suffice to say I wont be breeding too many of these things. And by god if they somehow manage to introduce something like the chesa incubation thing from back when that was a new thing (rip 50 doges).

Edited by Lycrius
I kinda felt like it I guess?

18 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

No, it is not. The problem isn't to get Kavats to hold still long enough for a scan but that the Genetic Code drop chance is abysmally low.

After trying with Loki and nearly getting killed myself without get a single scan, believe me, it was a problem. XD But you got a point, drop rate is excessively low no matter the strategy to get the dna. 

Let's keep talking about it, I'm sure the DE will fix this. :) we don't want easy drop, we want... humane chances of drop. Seriously. I love this game and I understand the challenge, but this is too much.  

Play exterminate, kill all enemies in the room then scan the kavat, which goes into non-hostile mode unless you hit it while clearing the room.

Also, because of the lousy drop rate of the DNA, I'll go farm void traces instead while waiting for a fix. FAAAR more consistent drop rate (twice per fissure, with the option to desecrate)

Edited by TonyWong

I just hope if they decrease the number of codes needed they give players back codes. If they lower it to 5 codes to produce a kavat players should receiver 5 dna strands for every bred kavat  that is active/in stasis as credit. I farmed my DNA scans for the segment and for the Kavat which is ready today. I'll be a little salty if they suddently make it a ton easier without doing something obvsious/easy for players.

Kubrow egg  = 20p, 10% drop chance from a den on easy to do missions, Kavat genetic code = 5p, about the same drop chance from the scan of a creature somewhere deep in the infested ship full of Ignis spamming grineers. Can't see no logic in such difficulties and no reason to farm those samples, it's much easier to earn 50p and buy them.

I wanted an adventure, so i farmed two in about six missions, than bought the rest.

Edited by skidnik

On 7/10/2016 at 5:02 AM, g4yb4ll said:

scanned 53 kavats and only got 1 signature

i gave up

im starting to think that's just the best way, sadly. LOL i tried to scan one and my kavat killed it right before i could... THE IRONY!!!!

But, i guess im just going to try and keep scanning. I can't keep dumping Plat into codes.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, Pendragon1951 said:

You know that is something I noticed also when I was playing Ivara and we were invisible it's like they knew where I was. 

They probably did.

There's precedence for this in Real Life(tm). I remember being out in Chiricahua mountains and hanging out in the pitch black night around the campsite wearing NVGs. No one could see us, since it was like being a yard up a...well, it was really dark. That was amusing until some deer wandered through the campsite. They spotted us right away.

Also, cats. Cats see bloody everything. It's What They Do.