The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good That Draco Was Removed

Laidain

So since draco is gone,could we get MR to scale with your weapon's rank and NOT the capacity of the weapon?Since draco is gone and with the way the star-chart is set up,i see the progression A LOT MORE.Now newer players can't just grind levels and trivialize MR.They can go through the whole start-chart,putting on different weapons, leveling them up experiencing the game,taking on different quests and unlocking new features to the game.I mean even if the MR change doesn't happen there's always going to be loot caves. The MR  change would be a lot more better because it means exploring the game more.Of course there's going to be loot  caves but Im not sure if the dev's will let them stay or include the this MR change.I think DE will most likely do something entirely different.I mean the star-chart got such a drastic change. Now of course when this does occur there will be some issues,but for one,when you first get the weapon it remains unranked,you only get the MR capacity change when you apply your first forma.

I can't think of many issues right now with this kind of system but please highlight them if you can.

1 minute ago, ashrah said:

its very good thing draco is gone... i know players who are for 1 week form rank 12 jump to rank 19 that is pretty bad for game.....

What kind of issues can you see with the proposed change that I made?

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

The third time I've had to use this...

Hide contents

n5aAPvo.jpg

it's stil there >.<

It's still there, but it's much different than it was. The levels were halved and it was changed to Survival.

I have no issues with it being gone. Good riddance.

Just now, AgentEntropy said:

It's still there, but it's much different than it was. The levels were halved and it was changed to Survival.

I have no issues with it being gone. Good riddance.

well i know it looked like that,its still gone at the core.No need to be technical.(:

don't worry, a ''new'' draco will pop up, it always does, because this is a game about grinding, and because people want to reduce grind and save time they will figure out the most efficient way to avoid the grind.

2 minutes ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

It's funny and sad at the same time that apparently neither the players nor the developers understand why we used to farm XP on draco.

I think the Devs know but im not sure if they will keep removing loot caves.

Just now, Pratigious said:

I think the Devs know but im not sure if they will keep removing loot caves.

If they're working on removing lootcaves it just shows how oblivious they are to the actual issue that NOBODY WANTS TO GRIND WEAPON XP FOR AN ETERNITY BEFORE IT BECOMES REMOTELY USEFUL.

23 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

So since draco is gone,could we get MR to scale with your weapon's rank and NOT the capacity of the weapon?Since draco is gone and with the way the star-chart is set up,i see the progression A LOT MORE.

Eventually, people will reach MR30. Making rank instead of mod capacity scale with MR, it would mean everything MR30 players get will be max ranked right off the bat. They won't have to rank up anything ever. While MR 30 is a long way away, that's no excuse to design a system we know will have to inevitably be changed. I think the current system is alright, *because* weapon damage doesn't increase with its rank. Only mod capacity does. So new weapons in the hands of high MR players have the power of a high rank weapon, but the experience of a low rank one. Which is a great system in the long term.

5 minutes ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

If they're working on removing lootcaves it just shows how oblivious they are to the actual issue that NOBODY WANTS TO GRIND WEAPON XP FOR AN ETERNITY BEFORE IT BECOMES REMOTELY USEFUL.

True,but they've been doing this for a while.

Edited by Pratigious

6 minutes ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

Pretty much this. It's not our fault guns are worthless until they're leveled, especially if the weapon needs to be forma'd multiple times in a row.

2 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

Eventually, people will reach MR30. Making rank instead of mod capacity scale with MR, it would mean everything MR30 players get will be max ranked right off the bat. They won't have to rank up anything ever. While MR 30 is a long way away, that's no excuse to design a system we know will have to inevitably be changed. I think the current system is alright, *because* weapon damage doesn't increase with its rank. Only mod capacity does. So new weapons in the hands of high MR players have the power of a high rank weapon, but the experience of a low rank one. Which is a great system in the long term.

Well,thats true but what about loot caves?Either DE leaves them or change the dynamic of the way XP for stuff is acquired.With the way things have gone DE has removed loot caves before.Even if Draco is removed where back at square one,there's going to be another Draco.And with that people will most likely complain about it.

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Pretty much this. It's not our fault guns are worthless until they're leveled, especially if the weapon needs to be forma'd multiple times in a row.

Welp,that sparks a thought.How far would weapon dmg scale with level?Would we still require like 4-6 forma to max a weapon or will the scaling go high enough where we don't need that many forma.I mean if that does happen its better than the proposed change i made in my OP.

Edited by Pratigious

1 minute ago, Pratigious said:

Welp,that sparks a thought.How far would weapon dmg scale with level?Would we still require like 4-6 forma to max a weapon or will the scaling go high enough where we don't need that many forma.I mean if that does happen its better than the proposed change i made in my OP.

for primary weapons, have them increase their base damage by 5% per level. ends at 150% at rank 30 which equals an R9 serration.
no balance changes needed, no nothing.

The worst part of this mess that is capacity and modding is that you have to upgrade your weapon with a mods that costs almost half its capacity before it is able to compete. this results in weapons as a thing in general being a massive grindgoal (materialized through their relative base damage mods), and that's not good.
The kind of content that warframe should have is "oh cool, I finally have that thing" and not "oh how neat, my weapon can finally kill basic enemies on high level missions without dumping 2 magazines into them"

Just now, SFTT.Lightning said:

for primary weapons, have them increase their base damage by 5% per level. ends at 150% at rank 30 which equals an R9 serration.
no balance changes needed, no nothing.

The worst part of this mess that is capacity and modding is that you have to upgrade your weapon with a mods that costs almost half its capacity before it is able to compete. this results in weapons as a thing in general being a massive grindgoal (materialized through their relative base damage mods), and that's not good.
The kind of content that warframe should have is "oh cool, I finally have that thing" and not "oh how neat, my weapon can finally kill basic enemies on high level missions without dumping 2 magazines into them"

Maybe DE  should reduce the cost of mods all together on weapons or give some kind of mod that increases the capacity from 60.You know how we have aura modsand stances?Give primaries and secondaries something like that.

Draco was and still is needed as a way too quickly level formaed weapons and gain MR, who cares if someone can get up to high MR quickly MR means nothing in terms of skill but does make syndicate and leveling grinds easier. The ultimate point is its not fair for either DE or other players to force players to slow down the grind,. you can always grind slowly if you want to you dont have to go to the popular grind spot.

39 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

So since draco is gone,could we get MR to scale with your weapon's rank and NOT the capacity of the weapon?Since draco is gone and with the way the star-chart is set up,i see the progression A LOT MORE.Now newer players can't just grind levels and trivialize MR.They can go through the whole start-chart,putting on different weapons, leveling them up experiencing the game,taking on different quests and unlocking new features to the game.I mean even if the MR change doesn't happen there's always going to be loot caves. The MR  change would be a lot more better because it means exploring the game more.Of course there's going to be loot  caves but Im not sure if the dev's will let them stay or include the this MR change.I think DE will most likely do something entirely different.I mean the star-chart got such a drastic change. Now of course when this does occur there will be some issues,but for one,when you first get the weapon it remains unranked,you only get the MR capacity change when you apply your first forma.

I can't think of many issues right now with this kind of system but please highlight them if you can.

i complained about the levelling system in the game, no one cared because Draco was there, i made use of Draco completely! 1 day away from MR 21, i hoped for Draco to get nerfed, so that players can realise how broken the levelling system, give it some few days... and the rants will pour in, i'm completely done with Draco, i gave me a reason to play the game, rather than infinite-levelling, lets see how the new players will cope-up, do know that , i dont have figures to back it up but a simple look at recruit chat for the past years , you can tell how Draco is essential to this game...(( occasionally there are those 1 or 2 elite players, that deny ever using Draco)), fact is majority of the community is built around it