Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please increase Ducat counts per item DE.

fatpig84

Look DE, you have effectively destroyed Ducat farming.

Now people are now forced to burn far more keys, i mean Relics to get the same amount of ducats as before. Back in the day most people could easily do 40 wave, 40 min survival or 8 interception waves or just a full clear of Sabotage. On such games, on average you get 4 parts, or even 6 to 7 if lucky (except sabo of course). Or 2 to 3 if RNGesus hates you. So even with lowered Ducat earnings per game, this was not too much of a big deal.

But now things have completely changed, you get only 1 item per run. And it is a slow run compared to old capture or exterminate spamming. And no fat credit rewards on top of that. 

So I plead you, DE, to increase the Ducat count per item now or at least revert them back to their pre-nerf state. And god forbid, do not decrease ducat rewards again. With such a massive grind wall (you have to grind regular missions for Relics non stop), please do not make it worse.

Edited by fatpig84

6 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

Cant you build squads and use one relic per run, as if it was the old key system?

Thought they had said that was gona be possible.

Basically if you don't have a relic equipped, you get no rewards,
In the sense is that DE side steps the key share leecher problem which is so dominant in the old Void.
A leecher still has to bring a key, even if it is crappy one, otherwise he gets no rewards at all.

Edited by fatpig84

i believe it was mentioned somewhere that they were going to be monitoring things and potentially adjusting baro's prices according to what they see, it was probably somewhere within that huge list of things in the update notes thread, but im too tired to look for it myself

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

i believe it was mentioned somewhere that they were going to be monitoring things and potentially adjusting baro's prices according to what they see, it was probably somewhere within that huge list of things in the update notes thread, but im too tired to look for it myself

Would be better if they adjust ducat earnings across the board. Or at least bring them back where they used to be.
IIRC there was NO 10 ducat part at all back then.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Azure_King03 said:

It's probably going to be a while before they touch baro, too many veterans have huge stockpiles of prime parts.

Honestly I find this mentality unhealthy.
Expecting newbies to have 30 to 40 Relics to burn for a Primed Mod ?

That is pretty damn unacceptable. At least in old games, we can let it slide with endless rewards.
But this is no longer the case. The newbie must have the Relic as well to qualify for the reward.

They're going to probably not touch him for at least one cycle and see how much they can burn from people's stockpiles, then suddenly apologize for the 'shocking' fact his things are too hard for anyone who doesn't have thousands of pre-nerf ducats and all of his rewards already sitting.

18 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

As a result of this change:

• As for our good friend Baro, his sales/prices will be monitored closely to take new economy into account in terms of Ducat acquisition.

44 minutes ago, armlesspotato said:

• As for our good friend Baro, his sales/prices will be monitored closely to take new economy into account in terms of Ducat acquisition.

So they're basicly saying:

"hey we could totaly adjust ducat values by simply comparing the average ducat's you get per void key vs the average ducats you get per relic. Round the difference off to a whole or half diget and use that as a multiplier for fair prices but.. We know veterans have patiently grinded a lot of Prime Items, suffering through RNG for weeks just to get the latest prime gear. They got a lot of" ducat fodder" because of this grind WE introduced them too. We'd like them to waste their hard earned prime parts first before we adjust the ducat values "accordingly"*

*accordingly: "By this we mean that we'll buff ducat values, but even after the buff the values will still be nerfed compared to pre-SotR. Happy grinding!"

I find I am getting more more ducat/hr in the new system since I essentially get a prime part for every mission in a 4 man group (at least, I've yet to see a choice of 4 forma bps or something yet). Granted, I had a small stockpile of a couple hundred relics so I'm not having to farm those first.

8 minutes ago, Kerganx said:

I find I am getting more more ducat/hr in the new system since I essentially get a prime part for every mission in a 4 man group (at least, I've yet to see a choice of 4 forma bps or something yet). Granted, I had a small stockpile of a couple hundred relics so I'm not having to farm those first.

In a skilled clan team, you get more Ducat/HR in a Tower sabotage.
Since everyone can split up and do their own thing.
Like clannies doing spies for example.

And don't forget the barrier of entry for Void Fissure farming.
 You are burning 4 relics for 4 drops. And everyone must have a relic. So that is 16 relics spent.

In contrast 1 Sabotage key potentially rolls you 4 items, shared among 4 players, that is 16 items per key
Even with the law of averages in effect, where you roll 2 items, it still 8 items per key. And there is 0 barrier of entry.
I can bring a newbie with little experience into the Void and kick start them, can't do that now.

Edited by fatpig84

1 minute ago, fatpig84 said:

In a skilled team, you get more Ducat/HR in a Tower sabotage.

I'd definitely believe that. But comparing a well coordinated team to what the "average" group would get isn't a real great way to determine if the old or new system results in faster ducats. There was nothing more frustrating then doing 4 rounds of a defense mission or 20 minutes on survival and not even seeing a prime part, especially when Baro is in town and you're farming like crazy to buy a few things.

2 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

Why would DE want to sell ducats with Platinum ?
It makes no sense.

Why not? For you it doesn't. 

It's an in-game payment method or valuta, which is mostly sold in-game, just like how you can buy credits with platinum. It's just a matter of time before DE implements it. 

9 hours ago, undernown said:

So they're basicly saying:

"hey we could totaly adjust ducat values by simply comparing the average ducat's you get per void key vs the average ducats you get per relic. Round the difference off to a whole or half diget and use that as a multiplier for fair prices but.. We know veterans have patiently grinded a lot of Prime Items, suffering through RNG for weeks just to get the latest prime gear. They got a lot of" ducat fodder" because of this grind WE introduced them too. We'd like them to waste their hard earned prime parts first before we adjust the ducat values "accordingly"*

*accordingly: "By this we mean that we'll buff ducat values, but even after the buff the values will still be nerfed compared to pre-SotR. Happy grinding!"

Yup the skewed averages they use based on the few people who have mega inventories. IMO the newer player is not considered enough in those decisions. They basically just made a statement that the knights can use to defend them. The whole void change was strategically implemented based on the statistics calculated for the new drop rates, yet somehow ducats were left as is. The mere fact that it was mentioned in the notes means it was considered and intentionally left as is and will like remain as is until the community goes up in arms. A lot of these moves feel quite sleazy to me, but that's just my opinion. 

• Syndicate Void Key Pack has changed to Relic Pack.
  • Void Key Pack from the Market and Daily Tribute has changed to Relic Pack.
  • Access to the Derelicts is remaining the same.

They have already looked it over, and as they say "his sales/prices will be monitored closely to take new economy into account in terms of Ducat acquisition"