Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers cancelling abilities on contact

NeedMoarBoolits

So it is quite clear that nullifiers spawning on top of people to instantly dispell all active abilities is just plain bullS#&$. This makes me think about the problem created by nullifiers instantly dispelling actives in general.

They shouldn't

It is just needlessly punishing players for dealing with them, and encourages you to just let your allies deal with it if you dont have a spam weapon because it'll cost you all your active abilities if you go in and kill him.

So whats the solution? My suggestion here is to make nullifiers suppress abilities instead of dispelling them. This means that whenever you are in a nullifier bubble, none of your buffing abilities has any effect and you cant cast any (but you can still toggle off channeled abilities). However, if you kill the nullifier or leave the bubble your abilities immediately take effect again without having to recast. This rewards you for dispatching of a nullifier quickly and cleanly due to minimal interruption.

P.S. the same applies to combas and scrambus

10 minutes ago, dataman88 said:

Corpus... the faction that everyone agree to hate. From the old never reloading or pause MOA laser shots to crewman that has the power to bring down a god only using bubble.

Not to mention, getting your fanny; kicked by a cheese as F*** enemy called the bursa. That spawns almost every second.

Edited by Gunstray
your censorship sucks

Well... if you know you are going against nullifiers the first thing you need to do is to carry a good rate of fire weapon (secondary for me) and you are good to go as always as in every mission.

The dispell function was long before this update, so if you worry about it now it let me think you are just one of the 'a change of an enemy? Defenitely a buff' word carriers arround here.

For the suggestion.. I like it. but i doubt it would happen.. any time soon at least.

idea how to fix this

1. capped the nullifiers spawn, like 2/3 max at a time
  2. give some delay like 10 second to recharge the bubble
  3. JUST REMOVE THE FEATURE THAT ABILITIES GET REMOVED WHEN IT MAKES CONTACT WITH THE NULLIFIER BUBBLES! (seriously they were OP before and now theyre buffed? really DE?)

1 hour ago, NeedMoarBoolits said:

My suggestion here is to make nullifiers suppress abilities instead of dispelling them. This means that whenever you are in a nullifier bubble, none of your buffing abilities has any effect and you cant cast any (but you can still toggle off channeled abilities). However, if you kill the nullifier or leave the bubble your abilities immediately take effect again without having to recast. This rewards you for dispatching of a nullifier quickly and cleanly due to minimal interruption.

This! Great idea! +1

24 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

when the nullifiers appear, the bubble should not appear right away ... it should grow slowly until it reaches the caped size.

This as well! +1

What bothers me is that when this was mentioned a while back, the community for once took a common stance in disagreeing with the on bubble contact change...then DE go on ahead anyway...

Considering everything, DE clearly wants frost to equip a high rof weapon, and stand on the pod 24/7 praying that some #$&(% nullifier does not decide to jump down from a 2nd level straight into his bubble and end the match...which goes counter to his rework...way to go DE /s...

Effectively, corpus/void defense and corpus excavation are now near impossible at higher levels unless everyone 24/7 camps the pod/excavator with high rof weapons...this isn't looking good...keep driving the nail in the diversity coffin DE...

Also, void tears now spawn nulls 24/7 on top of you, which makes Warframe into Not Warframe the moment you open that tear...so much for having powers...(also more screen shake/color even with color correction disabled DE pls)

Edited by Demon.King

9 minutes ago, Demon.King said:

What bothers me is that when this was mentioned a while back, the community for once took a common stance in disagreeing with the on bubble contact change...then DE go on ahead anyway...

Considering everything, DE clearly wants frost to equip a high rof weapon, and stand on the pod 24/7 praying that some #$&(% nullifier does not decide to jump down from a 2nd level straight into his bubble and end the match...which goes counter to his rework...way to go DE /s...

Effectively, corpus/void defense and corpus excavation are now near impossible at higher levels unless everyone 24/7 camps the pod/excavator with high rof weapons...this isn't looking good...keep driving the nail in the diversity coffin DE...

Also, void tears now spawn nulls 24/7 on top of you, which makes Warframe into Not Warframe the moment you open that tear...so much or having powers...

Pretty much sums everything up. If you go into a fissure mission you'd better have a warframe that doesn't rely on ANY abilities, because you wont have access to them until you're done.

Nullifiers are poorly designed enemies that do far too much. They need to be changed, but they're like DE's little shining stars. They love them so dearly for some reason, and i don't understand why.

Honestly, I just can't help but laugh..

The forums have an anti Nullifier post ever week but they just keep getting buffed and their spawns have increased at least twice.

Now they spawn in stupid numbers right on player's heads negating any skill or thought involved in fighting. What little skill was left in this game is surely gone.

The whole idea of nullifying powers is just bad. There are many frames that rely on their powers to survive (frames that you just don't bring into the void anymore). There are also many players that like slow RoF weapons and while swapping to your high RoF secondary make sense in theory, it takes so long that you either stand there and die or run and hide as you slowly swap to your secondary. If DE wanted to stop people from "pressing 4 to win", I imagine  there are better ways to do it. I personally don't think DE can fix the Nullifier. It's a poorly designed enemy that should just be scrapped.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The forums have an anti Nullifier post ever week but they just keep getting buffed and their spawns have increased at least twice.

Now they spawn in stupid numbers right on player's heads negating any skill or thought involved in fighting. What little skill was left in this game is surely gone.

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Yeah...it's pretty stupid. Nobody likes nor wants Nullifiers in the game, yet DE is oblivious to this and/or ignore it.

If you complain about Nullifiers being OP, lemme tell ya, they aren't. They are a total joke to fight even with the new 'buff' now they just work as intended, if it's seriously that hard to fight them, then just I don't know, try a different strategy? The only thing I agree on is the spawn being nerfed/total amount allowed on the battlefield at the same time. otherwise, git gud.

12 hours ago, NeedMoarBoolits said:

So it is quite clear that nullifiers spawning on top of people to instantly dispell all active abilities is just plain bullS#&$. This makes me think about the problem created by nullifiers instantly dispelling actives in general.

They shouldn't

It is just needlessly punishing players for dealing with them, and encourages you to just let your allies deal with it if you dont have a spam weapon because it'll cost you all your active abilities if you go in and kill him.

So whats the solution? My suggestion here is to make nullifiers suppress abilities instead of dispelling them. This means that whenever you are in a nullifier bubble, none of your buffing abilities has any effect and you cant cast any (but you can still toggle off channeled abilities). However, if you kill the nullifier or leave the bubble your abilities immediately take effect again without having to recast. This rewards you for dispatching of a nullifier quickly and cleanly due to minimal interruption.

P.S. the same applies to combas and scrambus

The bombard + ancient healer combo is worse than Nulifiers.... Perpetual Invulnerability Bombard or Power canceling bubble that can easily be ended.... Im good with the nullifiers how they are... maybe give more warning of their spawn location, but don't change the enemy in general.

4 hours ago, PureIcarus said:

The bombard + ancient healer combo is worse than Nulifiers.... Perpetual Invulnerability Bombard or Power canceling bubble that can easily be ended.... Im good with the nullifiers how they are... maybe give more warning of their spawn location, but don't change the enemy in general.

I don't get that at all.

Healers + Heavies is just quick aim and dodge rolls. It's actually quite fun and dare I say challenging to deal with in a quick manner.

Besides it's not like these are lvl 130 Heavies, you can screw up multiple times and not die. Nullifers are just pure annoyance no matter how quick you are they have a set kill rate with little aiming involved and since they drop on your head they remove any strategy to fighting them as well as remove the interest in playing a lot of frames where as before it was just a don't use low RoF situation.

I would rather fight nothing but  Healers and Heavies in place of Nullifers.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I don't get that at all.

Healers + Heavies is just quick aim and dodge rolls. It's actually quite fun and dare I say challenging to deal with in a quick manner.

Besides it's not like these are lvl 130 Heavies, you can screw up multiple times and not die. Nullifers are just pure annoyance no matter how quick you are they have a set kill rate with little aiming involved and since they drop on your head they remove any strategy to fighting them as well as remove the interest in playing a lot of frames where as before it was just a don't use low RoF situation.

I would rather fight nothing but  Healers and Heavies in place of Nullifers.

Nullifiers are usually dead before they have a chance to even shoot once.... A Buffed Bombard actually takes a while to put down.

1 hour ago, PureIcarus said:

Nullifiers are usually dead before they have a chance to even shoot once.... A Buffed Bombard actually takes a while to put down.

My Akstilletos rip through those Heavies like they're nothing....  cuz they are.

Even the strong ones die in like 5 seconds.

If I don't go inside the bubble or they don't spawn directly on me the Nullifiers take longer to kill, esp if there's overlap bubbles.

I will say that Healers spawning behind walls, ect, is kinda cheesey but it only takes a second to find them.

Nullifiers are one the worst enemy design I've seen in 20 years of gaming.

Just imagine if Commanders spawned as often as they do. Yet another awful enemy design.

31 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

My Akstilletos rip through those Heavies like they're nothing....  cuz they are.

Even the strong ones die in like 5 seconds.

If I don't go inside the bubble or they don't spawn directly on me the Nullifiers take longer to kill, esp if there's overlap bubbles.

I will say that Healers spawning behind walls, ect, is kinda cheesey but it only takes a second to find them.

Nullifiers are one the worst enemy design I've seen in 20 years of gaming.

Just imagine if Commanders spawned as often as they do. Yet another awful enemy design.

The nullifiers are one of the easier enemies in the game, as well as one of the only enemies that provide something to the game that cant be beaten by spamming the 4 key. They are still super easy to kill by spin meleeing into the bubble. Seriously, Stop calling for Nullifier nerfs, they work very well as an enemy. In my very honest opinion, i feel they need a buff.

15 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Seriously, Stop calling for Nullifier nerfs, they work very well as an enemy. In my very honest opinion, i feel they need a buff.

I hope your opinion isn't honest, because it's pretty terrible and reflects badly on you.

30 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

The nullifiers are one of the easier enemies in the game, as well as one of the only enemies that provide something to the game that cant be beaten by spamming the 4 key. They are still super easy to kill by spin meleeing into the bubble. Seriously, Stop calling for Nullifier nerfs, they work very well as an enemy. In my very honest opinion, i feel they need a buff.

Not calling for a nerf. Calling for a complete redesign. They're awful design.

What you claim is the same thing I've heard so many times now.

Nullifiers aren't for spamming 4. Don't care what anyone says, including the Devs. I come to my own conclusions through my own experience and Nullifiers are there to create an unfair situation at higher levels of play. They were added as yet another way to discourage players from going high level in the Void.

Considering what  Void 2.0 is. I think I'm right since they've completely removed high level Void and never addressed enemy damage. They wanted to kick you out.

Nullifiers aren't dangerous till high level, they one shot you at about 30% accuracy and the Heavy Gunner in the bubble kills you before you can drop the bubble while ignoring CC, not 4 spam. 4 spam is a joke and only people who sit at lvl 40 like DE wants, think it's anything else.

They create multiple balance problems with rate of fire in weapons and they now cater to frame imbalance as buff or ability defense frames are pointless to use.

Honestly I dunno why I've even written this. Bombers + Healers are not hard for a player with any amount of skill. I can go into the SImulacrum and kill multiple lvl 130s without a single ability. Dodge Roll, Run, Jump,  Bunker,  it's not hard. They actually have fair and good design... unlike Nullifiers.

Edited by Xzorn

14 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Not calling for a nerf. Calling for a complete redesign. They're awful design.

What you claim is the same thing I've heard so many times now.

Nullifiers aren't for spamming 4. Don't care what anyone says, including the Devs. I come to my own conclusions through my own experience and Nullifiers are there to create an unfair situation at higher levels of play. They were added as yet another way to discourage players from going high level in the Void.

Considering what  Void 2.0 is. I think I'm right since they've completely removed high level Void and never addressed enemy damage. They wanted to kick you out.

Nullifiers aren't dangerous till high level, they one shot you at about 30% accuracy and the Heavy Gunner in the bubble kills you before you can drop the bubble while ignoring CC, not 4 spam. 4 spam is a joke and only people who sit at lvl 40 like DE wants, think it's anything else.

They create multiple balance problems with rate of fire in weapons and they now cater to frame imbalance as buff or ability defense frames are pointless to use.

Honestly I dunno why I've even written this. Bombers + Healers are not hard for a player with any amount of skill. I can go into the SImulacrum and kill multiple lvl 130s without a single ability. Dodge Roll, Run, Jump,  Bunker,  it's not hard. They actually have fair and good design... unlike Nullifiers.

How do nulifiers have an unfair design? They have a lower hp/shield pool making them much easier to kill than other enemies of the same level. Their projectiles are not hit scan and are quite slow... At higher levels the Bombard/Healer combo has an hp pool and defense buff that actually makes them significantly tankier than a nullifier. The nullifers are the only enemy in the game that works as they are intended to work. Bombards were designed to be big bad tanks that can deal high damage, now they are extremely simple to put down... Nullifiers are the only thing impossible to kill in 1 hit unless you get close. so no, a redisign of nullifiers is not necessary, maybe more enemies similar to them to dilute the spawn pool a bit.