Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Calm Down a Bit

TyrannRedeagle

14 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

Snip

Calling bs right there. That isn't a quote anywhere. Doesn't appear anywhere and Steve was at Tennocon all day. If you're going to push this silly conspiracy at least make it convincing. 

until I get a linked quote with this exact words from this forum, I'm not going to believe it. 

Calm down, Monday should be a large hotfix, mainly because the devs were doing things at Tennocon. If you can't wait I have a few things I can recommended you do with your time, one of which is to just take a break if that's needed. Let the update marinate a bit and then we can get to offering improvements.

20 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

Calling bs right there. That isn't a quote anywhere. Doesn't appear anywhere and Steve was at Tennocon all day. If you're going to push this silly conspiracy at least make it convincing. 

until I get a linked quote with this exact words from this forum, I'm not going to believe it. 

Calm down, Monday should be a large hotfix, mainly because the devs were doing things at Tennocon. If you can't wait I have a few things I can recommended you do with your time, one of which is to just take a break if that's needed. Let the update marinate a bit and then we can get to offering improvements.

This has been posted here several times and I don't feel the need to justify it because the contents of the quote are a quite obvious reaction of most companies with the state of the world economy as a whole right now, but here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4rz6s7/hate_me_all_you_want_but_sotr_was_and_is_a/d55gwi4 

So what you are saying is that every time a new update is released for us to PLAY we should instead take a break, I do not follow the logic. 

Just now, -Sandman said:

Player nerfs improve sales how? I see more players leaving because of the game getting less fun (in their opinion) than players leaving because "too much cheese". 

That is my point!

Read carefully what I said, new players don't realize that the game is nerfed because they haven't played it before, unlike old players that are aware of the sad reality, the game is not what it used to be and old players are aware of that. And that sadly, is what kill games like this, the nerfing will bore those new players sooner or later because they will realize sooner or later that the game got nerfed and is not a challenge, just a lot of mindless grinding in return of a very little yield, and that sucks man.

2 minutes ago, Adgy said:

That is my point!

Read carefully what I said, new players don't realize that the game is nerfed because they haven't played it before, unlike old players that are aware of the sad reality, the game is not what it used to be and old players are aware of that. And that sadly, is what kill games like this, the nerfing will bore those new players sooner or later because they will realize sooner or later that the game got nerfed and is not a challenge, just a lot of mindless grinding in return of a very little yield, and that sucks man.

Oh, I kinda get what you are saying, but its always a fine line between keeping interests / attracting new players and driving away the loyals. IMO DE has gotten this right more than any MMO, but sometimes it feels as thought some of the changes aren't well thought of, and as my other post showed, profit based pressure from management often leads to this. 

Then I take what I said back. However, I read the feedback Steve responded too. It's understandable from a business perspective. Doesn't change my stance on DE, in fact I have more respect for them.

And I'm saying take a break to the players who didn't bother to put much time into playing the update. We should be playing it with an open yet warry mind in order to give the devs a heads up on hiccups, design choices, and oversights. However some players are only looking for any negative thing so they can push their crusade for some stupid reason or another. If they can't wait for the next string of hotfixes that comes from our feedback without calming down, they're not going to be happy about anything and should take a break until they remember why they started playing in the first place.

Also, I apologize. You seem to be a well tempered person.

Edited by CrazyCortex

Just now, -Sandman said:

Oh, I kinda get what you are saying, but its always a fine line between keeping interests / attracting new players and driving away the loyals. IMO DE has gotten this right more than any MMO, but sometimes it feels as thought some of the changes aren't well thought of, and as my other post showed, profit based pressure from management often leads to this. 

Hear, hear brother, you just hit the bull's eye my friend!

but sometimes it feels as thought some of the changes aren't well thought of ,

That one sentence surmises EVERYTHING that is wrong with this game.

Amen bro, amen!

2 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

--snip- 

However some players are only looking for any negative thing so they can push their crusade for some stupid reason or another. If they can't wait for the next string of hotfixes that comes from our feedback without calming down, they're not going to be happy about anything and should take a break until they remember why they started playing in the first place.

-snip-

No apology necessary, this is the internet! lol

I get what you are saying, but in my thinking no feedback is bad feedback, even the ones that come across as vitriolic can serve as ideas for the company once they shave off the hate. Negative feedback makes your process better more than positive feedback, also it shows the level of passion people have for the game. If they just left and didn't bother to complain, that's worse, they may never return, a company doesn't want that.

Just now, -Sandman said:

No apology necessary, this is the internet! lol

I get what you are saying, but in my thinking no feedback is bad feedback, even the ones that come across as vitriolic can serve as ideas for the company once they shave off the hate. Negative feedback makes your process better more than positive feedback, also it shows the level of passion people have for the game. If they just left and didn't bother to complain, that's worse, they may never return, a company doesn't want that.

To me it's how constructive the feedback is. I get that behind all the language and direct jabs at the devs is an actual issue that is causing frustration. I also know that I would straight ignore that kind of response because all I would see is everything but the feedback. Negative feedback is just as important, I agree, but I don't think a lot of people know what that really means. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCortex said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4rz6s7/hate_me_all_you_want_but_sotr_was_and_is_a/

First comment is where he got the quote from.

The market system just takes a second to get use to and realize where everything is. Never really play archwing but when I do I have a blast. The star chart looks rad as hell how it connects all the planets together in some way or another. But I gotta agree on how so many people just jump when the first thing gets frisky.

I was pretty frustrated by the Market Change at first, but I've come to terms that I just don't like it.

I liked being able to see a lay-out of blueprints available to me. I don't like having to click it to click another tab open just to look at the building reqs. Also, I play using a controller, and switch to a mouse when I browse the market place. I pretty much only switch my right hand over and use the mouse, while the left hand continues to hold my controller. I got so accustomed to hitting the B button to back out of the blueprints module to the main store page, but now it just brings my entire store-page down and I have to re-enable it. It's especially frustrating when I can't seem to find something if it is in the keys/drones, components and so forth tabs, I was so used to looking at the pictures. I have to entirely re-train the way I look at the market.

The Star Chart, while looks prettier, just kind of annoys me and I feel like it's so cumbersome while the other star-chart just made more sense to me. I don't like having to scroll out and zoom in on certain parts of the map, probably because of the controller thing. For example, I invite 3 dudes and just click derelict and ODD instead, now I have to zoom out and find Derelict. I'm sure soon enough it will become second-nature to me, but for now, I just find it bloated and kind of annoying.

26 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

-Snip-

Good argument and your right that the fact I don't play archwing is irrelevant I just felt the need to put that there. But profit wise Warframe is the top free game on the PS4. Not to mention the earnings from micro transactions are nearly double as those of the PC version so its safe to assume that DE isn't that concerned. Mind you that this is only the PS4 and I haven't looked into anything else.

Most things can be fixed with time, though I wish they hadn't released so much stuff in one update and right before the weekend to boot.

I'd really like a comment of a DE about the horrible Void Key conversion though, because I *really* don't feel like farming "relics" with a 2/7 chance of getting the relic I want while I'm drowning in the other 5 (or so, assuming there's 7 of each rarity) relic types... It's really a demotivating thought and just an acknowledgement of the issue (hopefully not accompanied with a "deal with it") would be *greatly* appreciated.

EDIT: [DE]Steve's post on Reddit kinda lets me hope it's indeed a bug and will get sorted along with everything else.

Edited by marelooke