Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Calm Down a Bit

TyrannRedeagle

I realize somehow it has became a tradition to start doom threads after every patch. But if you will, let's take a deep breath take look at the changes before hating them.

I updated the latest patch and played 3-4 hours of it. Yet in this time alone, I saw too many outbursts which comes from a frustration of encountering something new. I encounter far too many "I hate new market panel" comment in the game chat. Why is that exactly? Because they didn't see the credits tab in item's page and thought "everything costs plat now" and got frustrated. Or another reasoning is that the market place isn't looking exactly the same as yesterday. Guys, market now has a search bar. It now shows you if you have that item. It shows you if that item needs to be acquired from clan labs. It shows you related bundles. They are net improvements here. Sometimes something may look different and it is still ok. We can get used to the new.

I personally like new the archwing system. Even in the low level planets like venus, I managed to level my archwing in one mission. It was a level 18 odonata. I never managed to level it up before. Because all missions were only giving a 1/20 of the experience needed to level up. In Earth I did four missions and I managed to level up to 22-24. It is a huge improvement over the old system. Archwing moves are more complex now. Feels much more like space vessel. This is my personel preference and I completely understand if you are against it but I find mobile def mission for archwing fun now. Combat is more fun for me. Drops more mods and xp. 

New starchart looks different. That doesn't mean it has to be bad. It is confusing because we are playing with it literally the first time. Old starchart had tons of redundant maps which no one was ever going to play ever. Junctions gives tasks and those task are directly related to introducing new systems to beginers. Completing junctions gives bp's and starts new quests which were overlooked in the market tabs by new players. These are overall improvements over the old "we tell you nothing, you need to look at wiki to see what to do next" approach we all suffered when we started the game. Of course I could offer some improvements to make it look less confusing and more informative(resource drops info for example) but I don't believe harsh criticisms are justified just because it looks different then what we used to.

Finally new farming system. It is new and we don't have the numbers to claim whether this reduces the grind or not. Only thing I know is that I was trying to get hikou stars and someone rolled a saryn systems which I don't have. I loved that. And I liked that I don't have to lock myself in a specific void mission and I think it is a refreshing change. Horrible rotation c stands for relic farming but gone from prime farming. Fusion and orokin cell drops gone bye bye too. And do you remember everyone outraged about luminous bonus and how they won't be getting it while soloing? Every mission I was in(only T1s) dropped 8-15 of them during the mission. And you don't get the bonus if your reward is not the most desirable one in the group. Bonus is nothing compared to what you'll be getting by doing the mission whether solo or group. Not worth getting angry about at all.

Yes there are tons of bugs. And DE will deal with bugs. They are not a constant part of the patch so let's not treat them as such. There might be things need tweaking. Nullifier spawns next to you is an example(though I find staying at a distance from the fissure somewhat fixes this. Fissure are their spawning point so I don't mind not building fortifications right at their spawn points anyway). 

Tldr; let's chill out for a while.

Edited by TyrannRedeagle
Grammar

Amen. For each sane compilation thread like this, there are two or more players who will reject the need to calm down, however, and ignore instructions or aims and will point fingers and say that it was all by design, that such-and-such was meant to bring in more plat purchases and the market is designed the way it is to make it harder for non-payers, and ignorant drivel like that.

Even though DE has said that not only do they want constructive feedback to look into, but also that certain things are, in fact, design bugs and not intended at all. Like the market showing plat prices before credit prices - this was supposed to be switched; the players are supposed to be seeing credit before plat. And, unfortunately, that will only be fixed on Monday after TennoCon. Honestly, this patch should have been delayed to after TennoCon and not published the very night before it. The amount of screaming children is unbearable and toxic and I fear the billowing cloud of ridiculousness will only worsen our situation for the long term.

I sincerely believe that DE has been distancing themselves by slight degrees, more and more because of these doomsday predictions and these Illuminati-esque accusations. (On top of things that I refuse to mention in regards to the deeper edges of the community, particularly the Youtube community.) I can see all of this spinning out of control, and it will one day become a self-fulfilling prophecy once the players drive out the gems from Digital Extreme with their generalized tantrums.

Let me not go all Cassandra, though, I'm getting too far ahead of myself and too pessimistic. The point really is that everybody needs to calm the hell down for a few days. Just a few damn days, people! Patience is a virtue.

Edited by SurryCurry

Normally I would agree with you, sure star chart was confusing and buggy, my main concern got fixed so i'm all cool with it however all the nodes could be made bigger but I recon that will also be fixed soon enough, thats all good i can get used to it no biggy.

New archwing haven't played it yet mostly cause as i said before the nodes are pretty small and hard to tell what is what, but from what i can see its better and adds more not a bad thing, everyone i've seen complain about it hated the old archwing anyway so no really loss their on their opinions.

Marketplace well its definitely better weird at 1st but people will get used to it, only issues with it are weird animation jump for the UI when you get into it and that wasn't made too clear that all blueprints would be put onto junctions, seems like a real pain for new players being and old player I have them all so it doesn't bother me also means i have litterally no reason to do any of the junctions apart for the 1 you need for the void segment, in which after looking at it you probably don't even need to bother with it either 100 tears doesn't build up instantly just for 1 relic.

Now the new prime farming system that is outright a joke, when i farm for prime parts i'm only farming for 1 singular part, thus key sharing etc was used so everyone could contribute to this en-devour and we at least define the key and check people have the key before starting, and dealth with alot of scammers, if host says keyshare you keyshare if not then the host is being generous. Now instead of saying something like T3E i have to say ALX N1 or something like that and there is no way to check if someone is using a ALX S1 to screw your attempts at better RNG for prime gear with abysmal drop rates, this system has turned out worse overall and I can't say i trust ever doing a party for specific gear, I've had enough scammers with the old system this system just feels like its there to screw people over. Oh hey i'll do a party with ALX N1 and i'll makie it flawless then host it have everyone else come in with a different relic unfairly screwing you over, this could be mitigated if say you used a flawless and if everyone voted for your gear that you got you got enough tears to make another flawless least it would make them seem far more legit. DE wants to kill honour system instead makes a system that screws anyone who wants to play the game with like-minded individuals.

So yeah some things are bit weird and funky these things will get fixed and people get used to them, however some things have been made far worse then what they originally were, people wanted a system that either meant less farming or less bullS#&$ RNG tables instead we got a system that increased both that also screws honest people in an internet full of scammers and screws over the solo players.

agreed.

regarding the market, people seem to be afraid that it's throwing plat in your face, but if you have a search bar that gets you what you need, what's the problem/ of course DE were going to put plat at the forefront; they are a business, and Plat is how they make money. you can't really blame them for doing this. when it comes to console, I'll just search bar everything. maybe it's a little harder for some newer players, but there should be more experienced players to help them out with stuff like this to explain everything, or at least tell them what they need to type into the search bar.

regarding Nullifiers, it's one of those things where DE are trying to decide on enemy strengths and weaknesses. Nullies might have deadlier bubbles, but they can still be one hit by just about any melee weapon. pretty much every enemy aside from ones that spawn in larger numbers are either meant to be glass cannons or tanks, and every one has it's weaknesses. in the case of Nullies it's low durability. if they were really tough instead, they would have to have their bubbles reduced or be nerfed in some other aspect, otherwise they would be overpowered. we'll see what happens with upcoming enemy changes.

regarding the Starchart, I heard DE worked round the clock trying to push it out, so I imagine that fatigue had a part to play in some of the errors, but these and other bugs will likely get fixed. judging by how many photos of it's Work In Progress state that appeared on Steve's twitter, this starchart appears to be his pride and joy, and he'll likely alter it whenever he can. it's an extremely important part of the game, so I doubt DE will leave it in it's current state for very long. fixes for this should be at the top of their list.

regarding the Void, I had the new system explained to me last night, and it honestly doesn't sound so bad. as long as the fissures are easy enough to find, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. some people have said they've gotten parts in 10 minutes that would have otherwise taken 20 minutes on a T4 key. that sounds like an improvement to me.

ultimately, this update has only just hit, and PC players still need to get used to the changes. console players like myself shouldn't be worried because by the time we get SOTR, all of these problems will have likely been solved. just remember to report ANY feedback you guys have to the Devs. if a lot of people all say the same thing, then it must be true, right? obviously keep it civil, but let them know if there's something you don't like, and it might get fixed/changed.

I likw most things so far but man... i hate the archwing now. Omg its so horrible man. I got dizzy on a single defence that was now with nintain. Me and the other 3 random players hated it, seriously its horrible. Give us an opion if possible ppl can use the old system. Movement i mean and playstyle. Even if i *run* it doesnt feel like it. looked cooler before

So far I've seen more "Why doesn't everyone calm down?" white-knighting threads than I have complaint threads, which is strange because there should really be more complaint threads given how crap most of the new changes are, and how the new starchart actively works against the idea of 'adding more variety'.

About the only thing this patch has achieved is to make everything ever so slightly more tedious and awkward.

4 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

I like many of the new changes.

That being said, the nullifier buff was uncalled for on a grand scale, because it also nerfed thrown melee's unspoken little tool against them. Still, I am. COMPLETELY CALM *Eye twitch*

Yeah, in all honesty, Bugs aside, the main problem seems to be the Nullifiers for me.

The buff was honestly expected and was more of a fix to their mechanics, yet now we have even less ways to fight them and are restricted even more with our weapon selection against them.

Which is not fun.

8 hours ago, TyrannRedeagle said:

I realize somehow it has became a tradition to start doom threads after every patch. But if you will, let's take a deep breath take look at the changes before hating them.

I updated the latest patch and played 3-4 hours of it. Yet in this time alone, I saw too many outbursts which comes from a frustration of encountering something new. I encounter far too many "I hate new market panel" comment in the game chat. Why is that exactly? Because they didn't see the credits tab in item's page and thought "everything costs plat now" and got frustrated. Or another reasoning is that the market place isn't looking exactly the same as yesterday. Guys, market now has a search bar. It now shows you if you have that item. It shows you if that item needs to be acquired from clan labs. It shows you related bundles. They are net improvements here. Sometimes something may look different and it is still ok. We can get used to the new.

I personally like new the archwing system. Even in the low level planets like venus, I managed to level my archwing in one mission. It was a level 18 odonata. I never managed to level it up before. Because all missions were only giving a 1/20 of the experience needed to level up. In Earth I did four missions and I managed to level up to 22-24. It is a huge improvement over the old system. Archwing moves are more complex now. Feels much more like space vessel. This is my personel preference and I completely understand if you are against it but I find mobile def mission for archwing fun now. Combat is more fun for me. Drops more mods and xp. 

New starchart looks different. That doesn't mean it has to be bad. It is confusing because we are playing with it literally the first time. Old starchart had tons of redundant maps which no one was ever going to play ever. Junctions gives tasks and those task are directly related to introducing new systems to beginers. Completing junctions gives bp's and starts new quests which were overlooked in the market tabs by new players. These are overall improvements over the old "we tell you nothing, you need to look at wiki to see what to do next" approach we all suffered when we started the game. Of course I could offer some improvements to make it look less confusing and more informative(resource drops info for example) but I don't believe harsh criticisms are justified just because it looks different then what we used to.

Finally new farming system. It is new and we don't have the numbers to claim whether this reduces the grind or not. Only thing I know is that I was trying to get hikou stars and someone rolled a saryn systems which I don't have. I loved that. And I liked that I don't have to lock myself in a specific void mission and I think it is a refreshing change. Horrible rotation c stands for relic farming but gone from prime farming. Fusion and orokin cell drops gone bye bye too. And do you remember everyone outraged about luminous bonus and how they won't be getting it while soloing? Every mission I was in(only T1s) dropped 8-15 of them during the mission. And you don't get the bonus if your reward is not the most desirable one in the group. Bonus is nothing compared to what you'll be getting by doing the mission whether solo or group. Not worth getting angry about at all.

Yes there are tons of bugs. And DE will deal with bugs. They are not a constant part of the patch so let's not treat them as such. There might be things need tweaking. Nullifier spawns next to you is an example(though I find staying at a distance from the fissure somewhat fixes this. Fissure are their spawning point so I don't mind not building fortifications right at their spawn points anyway). 

The market does not show you blueprints if you use search. DE must have missed to add several keywords becasue unless you know exactly what you search for it wont help you at all.

From a UI  standpoint hiding blueprints under a tab you can only access after clicking on an item that show you can buy it for platinum is very bad practice. Heck it goes against good ui design as a whole.

The new archwing system lack full 6 point movement and lack rolls entirely. It aslo have a build in return to standard view movement that you have no power over. making movement clunky and slow when you try to recover from for example hitting a wall.

The fact that there are several camera angle bugs as well as the fact that the new movement system disorent a lot of people dont exactly make the playerbase more friendly towards archwing.

Star chart junctions are still bad. There is no explonation at all to new comers what eximus units even are for example. We also lost information density as a whole. You now have to zoom in on a planet and then click the extractor icon to even see what resource drops on that planet.

Alerts and syndicate missions block all normal mission nodes they spawn on.

If you click on a fully zoomed out planet you start a random mission on that planet without a promt if you want to or not the countdown start instantly.  So now its not a

improvement. Its a rushed out mess. 

We already have numbers on the new farming system. Its a quantitative loss fort a quality upgrade. Before you could run a 20 min survival and get 5, 10, 15, 20 or 4 rewards now you get 1 simple as that.

before you could keyshare for 4x4 chances of a reward on the same 20 min survival.

Now each mission will cost 4 relics instead of 1 key.

The fact that not all people have gotten all their keys converted to relic and that the relics that contain mag and boar drop tables where not given out to players but instead have to be farmed only futher show how rushed this update was.

I am also calm because for me insignificant what changes happen. I play the game as the current way and if something not fun for me then not doing it. There are plenty of choices to play this game and have others if burn out. 

We will see what's will happen in the next time.

Keep the DOOM Threads down, I can agree.

It wont stop me from criticising what I find wrong with the current system however.

I wont stop talking about my dissatisfaction on the FOV of Archwing. I wont stop talking about the fact that we dont have ANY kind of animations when we sprint/boost and can shot enemies that are behind us when the gun is pointing foward, actually LOOK at it.

I wont stop criscising that the new Market UI is less immersive than the old one, that putting the BPs in a tiny icon after clicking the weapon is a terrible move. I'm NOT speaking for myself only here. I'm worried spitless that this will turn away new players! "You just need to click it and look at the :credits: " Do you KNOW how hesitant I was to click it any of the weapons to confirm if the Blueprint option would appear? From a new player perspective, they dont SEE the option because its HIDDEN.

I've seen people do reviews and first impressions on this game and they could not see the Blueprints when it was right in front of them, they just needed to look down, now it will be even worse!

At the same time I will applaud the 6 directions of Freedom in Archwing. I will admit that the Market looks nice, I will say that the Starchart is a bit overwhelming at first, but then you learn how to read it.

Keep the Doom and gloom threads down. But if you see something worng with the game, dont be afraid to voice it.

Edited by Venom-Snake

7 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

I wont stop criscising that the new Market UI is less immersive than the old one, that putting the BPs in a tiny icon after clicking the weapon is a terrible move. I'm NOT speaking for myself only here. I'm worried spitless that this will turn away new players! "You just need to click it and look at the :credits: " Do you KNOW how hesitant I was to click it any of the weapons to confirm if the Blueprint option would appear? From a new player perspective, they dont SEE the option because its HIDDEN.

Queue the backpedal. You can't tell me that wasn't intentional. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Yeah, in all honesty, Bugs aside, the main problem seems to be the Nullifiers for me.

The buff was honestly expected and was more of a fix to their mechanics, yet now we have even less ways to fight them and are restricted even more with our weapon selection against them.

Which is not fun.

And how exactly are mag going to fight corpus now? how the hell is she going to defend herself when magnetize bubbles are gone the instant nullifiers so much as look on the bubble?

How the hell do you deal with 3 over lapping nullifiers from the left and 3 from the right since you cant even cast the power on the enemies within the nullifier bubble?

the solution is go full auto and stop using powers for the whole damn game since there is no reason to waste energy on it. 

I sure am playing this game for the excellent shooter mechanics its really the reason i play this damn game /SARCASM

4 minutes ago, GhostLacuna said:

And how exactly are mag going to fight corpus now? how the hell is she going to defend herself when magnetize bubbles are gone the instant nullifiers so much as look on the bubble?

How the hell do you deal with 3 over lapping nullifiers from the left and 3 from the right since you cant even cast the power on the enemies within the nullifier bubble?

the solution is go full auto and stop using powers for the whole damn game since there is no reason to waste energy on it. 

I sure am playing this game for the excellent shooter mechanics its really the reason i play this damn game /SARCASM

He is right. It technically was a fix. Just not a good one. In any way. Didn't just decimate mag, they also nerfed the already abysmal throwing melee class.

1 minute ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

He is right. It technically was a fix. Just not a good one. In any way. Didn't just decimate mag, they also nerfed the already abysmal throwing melee class.

A fix that removed all powers from mag yes. Before the power actually had a purpose as a area of denial toll and a defensive "shield" all that is gone now. 

Now magnetize only have a use as long as you cast it as far away from any nullifiers you can and then just spray 600000 bullets in the general direction of the @(*()$ 8 nullifiers litte rave part and then you say F*** it and just put up naramon and mellee the S#&$ of the map for 20 min in pure @(*()$ frustration. 

2 minutes ago, GhostLacuna said:

A fix that removed all powers from mag yes. Before the power actually had a purpose as a area of denial toll and a defensive "shield" all that is gone now. 

Now magnetize only have a use as long as you cast it as far away from any nullifiers you can and then just spray 600000 bullets in the general direction of the @(*()$ 8 nullifiers litte rave part and then you say F*** it and just put up naramon and mellee the S#&$ of the map for 20 min in pure @(*()$ frustration. 

Woa woa woa dude, calm down. I'm salty too, but damn. Getting furious over it will achieve nothing constructive.

It's fine to vent, just don't go biting whatever heads you can see.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

Why calm down,

Iplayed every evening for more then half a year, today is the first day I was so pissed cause they changed how this game works, They didn't change a small part but changed basicly how this works. 

They whole Void system is more convoluted then before and defenitly not beginner friendly. 

Hasnt DE proclaimed to make the game more noobie/beginner friendly...? Way to go I'd say.

The game was Farming, leveling and raiding (if you wanted).

Now? 

Leveling is put to a stop without draco (at least if you have to forma a frame 3 to 5 times and a weapon 6 times.... I dare you to try...

Raiding is so crashprone... have fun, especially the arschwing (Arsch means &#! in german..., wordplay my clan uses cause arschwing sucks!) Alone flying into jordas... without a large shield pool and a barrier proc (Arcana if you dont know what I mean) impossible... hope you built massive amount of shield regenerates.....

Farming? Farming sucks! A game designed to get loot... and they cut down the "loot you want" more then 4 times prior.

You know diablo 3 upped the dropchance because people didnt play cause no loot.

DE lowers loot by more then 70%, does anyone wonder that most people are pissed...?

Edited by Balberoy
missspellings

8 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Woa woa woa dude, calm down. I'm salty too, but damn. Getting furious over it will achieve nothing constructive.

Yeah you are right i need to calm down. I guess this change and the mysterious duration lowering effect from infested out of the blue just pissed me off. 

Just now, BulletsforTeeth said:

Some gamers are really, really mad, they feel disrespected and not taken into consideration by DE, and they resent the feeling that DE is basically shoving things down their throat and then telling them how good of a flavor they are tasting, when in reality they feel that it tastes like crap, I have no doubt that, someway, somehow, this is going to affect revenue for DE like nothing they have done before, I, for one, don't plan to buy plat. anytime soon, not even with 75% discount, and I have put A LOT of money in this baby since I started playing this game more that a year ago, so, that's the bottom line, they are mad and they feel disrespected.

10 hours ago, TyrannRedeagle said:

Very good explained. Its a shame what is hapenning in the forums lately. When the community was smaller we all were polite and construtive, we were a good community, forums and ingame. But is inevitable when the game grows a lot of new and different people come in, usually from other games where developers dont listen to community and they react the same way here because is they all know.

DE is different people. Before and now, they try very hard to improve the game for us. They can make mistakes of course, and they do all they can to fix those mistakes. Remember, they CANT make things for everyone, there is always someone who dont like some changes, deal with it. 

23 minutes ago, Adgy said:

Some gamers are really, really mad, they feel disrespected and not taken into consideration by DE, and they resent the feeling that DE is basically shoving things down their throat and then telling them how good of a flavor they are tasting, when in reality they feel that it tastes like crap, I have no doubt that, someway, somehow, this is going to affect revenue for DE like nothing they have done before, I, for one, don't plan to buy plat. anytime soon, not even with 75% discount, and I have put A LOT of money in this baby since I started playing this game more that a year ago, so, that's the bottom line, they are mad and they feel disrespected.

And this is an exponential problem, the more revenues lost the more pressure they get to make money grab type updates to attain the projected revenues. Just look at what the steve said: 

[–]DE_SteveDE Game Director 421 points 10 hours ago 

We should have held it back 100%. Sometimes we have an immovable deadline (almost always a marketing promotion) and it twists up our priorities. It shouldn't but it does. Our QA is not at fault and did their best given the unreasonable scope and time. Your rant is spot on and the only thing we can do now is make it right.

Sorry for the mess. :( 

Things will only get more messy and there will be more OP changes / releases to try to improve sales and subsequent nerfs which will upset people. It's a fine balance, but maybe we need to take a step back and find the root cause of why more and more of the community is so salty every time some of these changes are made. A lot of these changes are rushed and not well thought of and executed; and some of them are downright money grabs passed of as the opposite. I have no problem with revenue generating measures in warframe, I have issue with the way it is explained and justified. 

This game is based on a dynamic way of doing things and alot of players find their fun in different things. The more those things are removed the more players will be turned away. Just look at the amount of players that have left or just come in for major updates. 

Edited by -Sandman

11 hours ago, TyrannRedeagle said:

Players have a right to their first impressions of game changes.  When there are 10,000 other games to play and many players have bought many games on the recent steam sale, a good first impression is critical for an aging game which has a major update.

If player's first impression is positive, they'll sing their praises on the forums.  If they are frustrated by popular missions, characters, weapons being nerfed, or the grind increased, they will vent frustration.  These emotions are quite valid... a frustrated player has instant access to thousands of other games. 

If you're recommending patience, forget it.  The internet and modern gaming have made patience obsolete.