Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where has Draco gone?

ShrimpDawgy227

Question

4 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

I do not understand the purpose of removing the only mission where getting exp is easy. Exactly as Darkwave said, when we need to put 6 forma on our weapon, we do not have the time to spend it on 200 spy missions or a random void mission with random people. Could it be the only purpose to the recruit channel now ? looking for exp mission with people, cause void totally disappeared. The necessity of spots like that is real on a game where farm is so important, or it is time to nerf all the farming spots. Let's begin with oxium, then plastids.. Bleh. Bleh. Bleh. 

I can't have fun on WF if i have to spend one entire week to exp my Dex Sybaris because i want to play this weapon and i need 6 formas. At Mastery Rank 19, i have other things to do than farming exp ! The fastest way i found to exp now is to play lonely on an extermination mission and stealth it with Loki. At least, draco was about playing with a team of 4, testing new builds, meet people. And i met a lot of friends at Draco.

Now i only can appologize about my level in english and hope the return of Draco or something equivalent. That was my thoughts about this new Draco. 

I think that the original purpose of this forum page has kind of been strayed away from. I do agree with all of these points, but I was kind of hoping this page would be sent to DE or something so that they may implement some of these ideas into the game. Is there some way that we can do that?

2 hours ago, ShrimpDawgy227 said:

I think that the original purpose of this forum page has kind of been strayed away from. I do agree with all of these points, but I was kind of hoping this page would be sent to DE or something so that they may implement some of these ideas into the game. Is there some way that we can do that?

Yes, try asking Steve or Rebecca about this on Twitter. That usually works.

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

I do not understand the purpose of removing the only mission where getting exp is easy. Exactly as Darkwave said, when we need to put 6 forma on our weapon, we do not have the time to spend it on 200 spy missions or a random void mission with random people. Could it be the only purpose to the recruit channel now ? looking for exp mission with people, cause void totally disappeared. The necessity of spots like that is real on a game where farm is so important, or it is time to nerf all the farming spots. Let's begin with oxium, then plastids.. Bleh. Bleh. Bleh. 

I can't have fun on WF if i have to spend one entire week to exp my Dex Sybaris because i want to play this weapon and i need 6 formas. At Mastery Rank 19, i have other things to do than farming exp ! The fastest way i found to exp now is to play lonely on an extermination mission and stealth it with Loki. At least, draco was about playing with a team of 4, testing new builds, meet people. And i met a lot of friends at Draco.

Now i only can appologize about my level in english and hope the return of Draco or something equivalent. That was my thoughts about this new Draco. 

It's all about the $$$ now.

Warframe is turning into pay to not have to quit your day job to grind out leveling.

My god, so you want to tell me people no longer play the game with 5 nodes unlocked? Are you telling me that now, players will actually visit something else than Draco and Void?

If Draco's dead, good riddance. I know I still get about 13-14k focus just by doing Exterminate missions. Which, sorry, but brainless as they might be, they're still FAR more fun than sitting around in one place and spamming a few abilities.

And don't go around saying 'levelling weapons takes a long time'. Took me a few Mercury missions to bring my Orthos up to 30. 4 or 5 defences where I played support to bring my Kavat to 30.

Efficiency is one thing (which is why I play Loki when stealthing over anything else). But pretty much demanding that you be given everything on a silver platter? Let me ask you this; so you get Draco back and you 10-forma everything. Then what? What's your 'endgame'? Mine was formaing my Stradavar, for example. Using 'trollolol-grade' weapons to have fun. What's the point of maxing out everything in a game that tells you 'if you maxed it, go max it again'?

And Focus; it's meant to be gained slowly. Don't rush-farm it. Because, once you're done and you've got everything (lots of people do), then what? You'll have a few million points left over with nothing to use them. Aka; good job, you won the game, now go find another game to get achievements on, because you have nothing else to do here.

Might be harsh, might be mellow. Point is; play the game, have fun. Having fun is why we play games after all.

48 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

My god, so you want to tell me people no longer play the game with 5 nodes unlocked? Are you telling me that now, players will actually visit something else than Draco and Void?

If Draco's dead, good riddance. I know I still get about 13-14k focus just by doing Exterminate missions. Which, sorry, but brainless as they might be, they're still FAR more fun than sitting around in one place and spamming a few abilities.

And don't go around saying 'levelling weapons takes a long time'. Took me a few Mercury missions to bring my Orthos up to 30. 4 or 5 defences where I played support to bring my Kavat to 30.

Efficiency is one thing (which is why I play Loki when stealthing over anything else). But pretty much demanding that you be given everything on a silver platter? Let me ask you this; so you get Draco back and you 10-forma everything. Then what? What's your 'endgame'? Mine was formaing my Stradavar, for example. Using 'trollolol-grade' weapons to have fun. What's the point of maxing out everything in a game that tells you 'if you maxed it, go max it again'?

And Focus; it's meant to be gained slowly. Don't rush-farm it. Because, once you're done and you've got everything (lots of people do), then what? You'll have a few million points left over with nothing to use them. Aka; good job, you won the game, now go find another game to get achievements on, because you have nothing else to do here.

Might be harsh, might be mellow. Point is; play the game, have fun. Having fun is why we play games after all.

How you want to play the game is fine for YOU.

But why is someone else choice how to play more or less vaild ?

Where people playing Draco some how affecting your game play ? And please don't say they didn't learn how to play the game because that excuse is lame as it gets.

52 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

How you want to play the game is fine for YOU.

But why is someone else choice how to play more or less vaild ?

Where people playing Draco some how affecting your game play ? And please don't say they didn't learn how to play the game because that excuse is lame as it gets.

I play the game the way I want to play it. I make my choices, good or bad, and I know why.

However, that does not prevent me from disagreeing with people when I disagree with their opinions. Unless of course the world lied to me and we all agree, every time.

People who only play Draco, well, I wouldn't say they 'didn't learn to play the game', but I sincerely think they need to check out some more maps. I've lost count of people I've met who need taxis to places like Venus (and that was with StarChart 2) despite them being MR10+. Venus.

People playing Draco doesn't affect my gameplay. However, the very same people failing to adapt to a change and find a new place to farm affinity (because that's what Draco was all about, unless there was some super-ultra-rare drop from there), and straight out complaining (I won't use the real word I want to right now) or demanding that Draco be returned to what it was, DOES affect me. Because if no one speaks up against this, to DE, it'll seem like we all agree. And I don't agree.

I don't expect my dissenting voice to be the one vote to change things. On the other hand, when I'm asked of my opinion by DE, I will happily tell them 'good riddance to Draco, let people think up new ways to get their farm boots going'.

Did the update mess up a lot of things? Most definitely. I lost 100-200 keys-to-relics on rewards that are vaulted. I've seen the drop rate of rare drops go absurdly low. I still have to re-log almost every other mission thanks to the mission report bug (admittedly, I haven't checked the hotfix 9). I am going to let DE know of my disagreements to their actions, but changing how Draco was, is not one I fault them for.

Draco, Viver before that, the way to farm XP easy has always been something that is both good and bad. I lost count of how many "Draco Generation" of high lvl MR I've played with that dont actually know how to play the game, because all they did, all that MR, was Draco only. At the same time, I played Draco myself, alot, because it's boring to Forma the same weapon of Warframe 3, 4, 5, 6 times, at least on Draco you would be done with that weapon in a couple of hours. I miss Draco, but I wont miss the kind of players that only know how to play that single mission. I dont know if anybody said this already, but I would like to see a single node on the Star Chart, locked at a high MR (12, 15, 18 idk), so its only used for XP farming. That way, new players would have to actually play the game and learn the game, and the people that already know and have already played and just want to finish the formas in that one weapons, can do that. Not everybody can play 24/7, and that I think would be a solid middle ground.

22 hours ago, Lyravain said:

If for you it's ok play in squad with old players with full and dope equipment that don't allow you to kill nothing. good for you.....this is what happen to me when i go to try to lv up new stuff and in that there's no fun at all...then i don't know you but my strategy  is farm and collect all the stuff in the game and bring all equipments at end game build...... doing mission just for to kill enemies without any target to complete (cause i'm in a point of the game where i need just to progress in mr) is nosense in the badest  way ever. (i don't need to farm nothing else i need just build all weapon from the dojo and lv up them with best build as possible) ...........

The game is all about grinding *Let me ask you this; so you get Draco back and you 10-forma everything. Then what? What's your 'endgame'?+.....my end game is complete all the stuff and finally enjoy and play just conclve and lunaro without thinking i'm wasting time cuz i did all there

Edited by _TONE_

20 hours ago, _TONE_ said:

If for you it's ok play in squad with old players with full and dope equipment that don't allow you to kill nothing. good for you.....this is what happen to me when i go to try to lv up new stuff and in that there's no fun at all...then i don't know you but my strategy  is farm and collect all the stuff in the game and bring all equipments at end game build...... doing mission just for to kill enemies without any target to complete (cause i'm in a point of the game where i need just to progress in mr) is nosense in the badest  way ever. (i don't need to farm nothing else i need just build all weapon from the dojo and lv up them with best build as possible) ...........

The game is all about grinding *Let me ask you this; so you get Draco back and you 10-forma everything. Then what? What's your 'endgame'?+.....my end game is complete all the stuff and finally enjoy and play just conclve and lunaro without thinking i'm wasting time cuz i did all there

I am not a fan of being 'carried'. In fact, every time I've forma'd, I pull an equal amount of weight for the team -trick is finding a way to do it. When my only frame was Volt, way back when, and my clan was going 40mins in ODS (not even close to end-game, but that was more than a year ago), do you think I just stood there and waited for them to pick up everything? Heck no. CC, shields, revives, pods, and I still dealt more than 20% of the damage in our 3-tenno squad. And considering the new update that lets us start out with actual mod capacity? Whoo-wee, would have LOVED to have that about 5-6 months ago -when I finally ran out of stuff to level.

Your idea of endgame is pretty close too. You admitted to having little else to do besides MR-feeding. So, once you get it done, which shouldn't take too long either, what are you going to do? I run syndicates, look for cool places, little inside jokes, things like that. I also enjoy going to tough missions or setting personal challenges (Floor is Lava? How about 'don't get hit'? Maybe Sword Along Interception in a frame that isn't chock-full of CC?) So, again; what do YOU enjoy in the game? PvP is one thing (regular or Lunaro). PvE is another. But a big part of playing the game IS the grind itself. Sure, some things can be sped up for efficiency, but what a lot of players are doing is 'level this up, to level the other up, to level that one up, so I can level up to get more stuff to level up, so that I will play the game'. Hint; you already ARE playing the game.

On 7/15/2016 at 10:49 AM, _TONE_ said:

My endgame? I help other players get past the start of game and chose between leeching off of players in affinity farms or being a team player and focusing on getting useful gear and weapons so they don't need allies and instead seek them out for teams and companionship. Warframe's 'endgame' is the sortie and trial missions; or hunting down Sentients for War parts for now but I find trials unfun; sorties to be unrewarding much of the time; and Sentient drones to be unfun to fight with cumulative resistance and one-shot most warframes with max life damage. Players are free to play as they wish. While the old void gave me something to do and a reward to work towards, the current relic system removes that and makes it more grindy for me - reducing what I do for "fun".

For some Draco and maxing weapons/warframes was their fun; for me doing actual interceptions was enjoyable or at least calming as it was a take and hold - the affinity farms were always stressful because each additional player that wouldn't bother to even try was just a burden to recapture the points, leeching off other players, but they got MR as much as that is really worth. For me that was unfun. I stopped doing public matches on my favorite kinds of missions because my enjoyment was not compatible in the same mission as those players. For me, Conclave is not very enjoyable and Lunaro hasn't gotten to the point that trying to play it doesn't wipe my controller bindings. If I want to play sports, as little as anyone plays sports these days, its more enjoyable to do them for real anyway. In conclave proper, the balance is terrible with one-shots while floating in the air all too common and the cliche rapid fire light machine guns being spit balls compared to air ballerina semi-autos; that is discounting the occasional lag and the fact that a player might be one-shotting with a quick sword while a weapon that according to stats should be two-shotting might not even be able to finish them off while channeling, staggering, or ambushing enemies.

The core purpose of Conclave to teach Tenno how to better face difficult enemies with skill is lost similar to mastery rank to a player from Draco, Viver, or even the old Xini because it doesn't mean you know how to face anyone in PVE. Many of the lessons of PVP are contrary to good tactics and movement - but it sure is flashy when someone glides across an abyss to put an arrow in your eye for an instant kill compared to a player emptying an entire Gorgon mag on one enemy for them to not even notice they were under fire. I have accepted that while I have played a good amount of conclave, I am not its audience and will likely only play it for the conclave rewards from Teshin in the future.

Edited by Urlan

13 hours ago, Urlan said:

My endgame? I help other players get past the start of game and chose between leeching off of players in affinity farms or being a team player and focusing on getting useful gear and weapons so they don't need allies and instead seek them out for teams and companionship. Warframe's 'endgame' is the sortie and trial missions; or hunting down Sentients for War parts for now but I find trials unfun; sorties to be unrewarding much of the time; and Sentient drones to be unfun to fight with cumulative resistance and one-shot most warframes with max life damage. Players are free to play as they wish. While the old void gave me something to do and a reward to work towards, the current relic system removes that and makes it more grindy for me - reducing what I do for "fun".

For some Draco and maxing weapons/warframes was their fun; for me doing actual interceptions was enjoyable or at least calming as it was a take and hold - the affinity farms were always stressful because each additional player that wouldn't bother to even try was just a burden to recapture the points, leeching off other players, but they got MR as much as that is really worth. For me that was unfun. I stopped doing public matches on my favorite kinds of missions because my enjoyment was not compatible in the same mission as those players. For me, Conclave is not very enjoyable and Lunaro hasn't gotten to the point that trying to play it doesn't wipe my controller bindings. If I want to play sports, as little as anyone plays sports these days, its more enjoyable to do them for real anyway. In conclave proper, the balance is terrible with one-shots while floating in the air all too common and the cliche rapid fire light machine guns being spit balls compared to air ballerina semi-autos; that is discounting the occasional lag and the fact that a player might be one-shotting with a quick sword while a weapon that according to stats should be two-shotting might not even be able to finish them off while channeling, staggering, or ambushing enemies.

The core purpose of Conclave to teach Tenno how to better face difficult enemies with skill is lost similar to mastery rank to a player from Draco, Viver, or even the old Xini because it doesn't mean you know how to face anyone in PVE. Many of the lessons of PVP are contrary to good tactics and movement - but it sure is flashy when someone glides across an abyss to put an arrow in your eye for an instant kill compared to a player emptying an entire Gorgon mag on one enemy for them to not even notice they were under fire. I have accepted that while I have played a good amount of conclave, I am not its audience and will likely only play it for the conclave rewards from Teshin in the future.

For some Draco and maxing weapons/warframes was their fun ---------- for me end game was max every stuff to get fun from lor in different way and with different equipment everytime and not play lor with same equipment everytime cuz i have just a few weapons and frame maxed

Edited by _TONE_

On the one hand, the Star Chart re-balance made it so that there is a lot less of a pressing need to have 4-6 Forma Warframes and Primary/Secondaries with 1-3 Forma Melee weapons (plus whatever you do to companions, like 7-Forma Kubrows or Kavats). Enemies in most nodes just don't need that kind of overkill any more, and the Mastery Rank change for starting capacity makes it pretty easy to take unranked gear into missions if you're MR 10+.

On the other hand, Sorties are still a thing and do require overkill weapons and gear. Note that I'm not saying lower MR players shouldn't be there, but generally speaking someone who's MR 4-6 will have gear with less Forma and fewer high-ranked mods equipped due simply to them not having played the game as long as most people in the MR 15+ bracket. Without Draco and the like, it's going to take them a lot longer to prepare for that content.

Draco and other sites like Sechura were valuable to newer players because they were nodes where they could readily stock up on Credits and rare resources while rapidly gaining XP that made higher-level content more accessible.

For existing players there are still options, but none of them are as good. When new weapons and Warframes are released there's much less of a reason or opportunity to stack Forma onto them, which means a lot of weapons are going to gather dust after being ranked once for Mastery; the time and effort taken to re-level weapons after using Forma, to say nothing of Warframes, means that people will be more inclined to shelve new content and stay with the old because its additional Forma means it's much, much better. 

For people who have just started playing, progression through the star map is much smoother but if they want to get Raid/Sortie-level gear the grind to do so is extreme.

Edited by WrathAscending