Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Snow Globe Changes

iZess

It's kinda funny really, I see a lot of people hate the elitism of this game and I feel this will make it even worse. You already have problems with people not wanting you to use certain frames (cough mag) in certain missions, I have a feeling that quite a few of these frames will no longer be welcome in missions with bubbles.

Snow Globe is fine and needs no changes.

Nullifier bubble changes are, likewise, fine. They are consistent across the board for frames and that's fair.

Consistent isn't always convenient but it is predictable.

Go jump into the nully bubble and kill him or use something with a high rof to pop the bubble and do the same thing.

My only issue with the Nullifier bubbles:

• Shotguns interact weirdly with them...It doesn't seem like all the hits count.
  • Void bubbles take more to bring down than regular bubbles.

Truth told, I didn't even know that nullifier bubbles wouldn't pop the globe as I never let them get that close to begin with.    

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Nullifiers are a high priority enemy. If you see one kill it quickly. If you're good enough you can kill it instantly with a sliding dash attack and leap out before you get hit. 

good now do that solo vs 3 coming from your right and 3 coming from your left as 2 jump down from the second floor.

It does not matter if you have a bullet hose primary or secondary in this very common example.

Even less so in void fissues where the nullifiers and heavy gunners and bombards spawn on top of you.

Your cute little melee solution only work on sub level 100 nullifiers and only if they are easy to target within the bubble. that is unless they have their own little pose with them.

Hint nullifiers are only alone in their bubbles at low level.

Also we all know how to kill them with melee or with thrown weapons or gliding or bullet jumping inside the bubble and killing them like that or just plain bullet hose weapons.

But when a enemy removes 80% of all weapons and 80% of all frames its bad design.

Heck mag can hardly be played solo any longer due to the fact that magnetize bubbles end instantly when nullifiers come near.  So mag will have no defense and no offence other then weapons when coming across multiple nullifiers. When your secondary bullet hose weapons is used in a mission more then your primary you know something is off.

I think the null changes are simply because they spawn on top of you in the new tears..

so nulls where probably spawning inside snow globes on "their ptr" and getting frozen by the augment mod.

I think this patch is simply a band aid to prevent powers getting dropped on tears to preempt null spawns, so they can push the patch out before tennocon.

perhaps when they fix/change tears a bit, some of these changes will get tweaked

20 hours ago, EyeLaikCheez said:

You don't understand. With the new update there is no reason to go past 10 minutes of survival. You can only get 1 prime part per mission. :/

Actually, while you can only get one, your squad can now take four different relics and you can choose the best one out of the four to take with you. So yes, you only need to go to 10 minutes or so, but now if you don't get the part you want, you can get somebody else's that's worth more, or that you also wanted. Ducat farming is going to be so much easier.

The potential for farming up on the things people actually need for their own collection is vastly improved, while the market is going to take a nose-dive... Shame about that... But way more co-operative than before, like the Derelict vaults.

Of course I think that all abilities should be affected by nullies, but in my opinion it's not right that a nullifier can walk into a globe, decoy etc and destroy it, If the warframe however walks into the globe then sure, a decoy, globe and so on disappear.

12 hours ago, iZess said:

Of course I think that all abilities should be affected by nullies, but in my opinion it's not right that a nullifier can walk into a globe, decoy etc and destroy it, If the warframe however walks into the globe then sure, a decoy, globe and so on disappear.

Thing is it would take way too much programming and game physics engine adjustment to do, but I'd like to see Null bubbles take chunks out of the globe first, then destroy it.

It doesn't have to be exact to the shape of the bubble, but people have already been asking for a visual update to Globe so that they can see the damage the bubble has taken (since the ability counter only counts the last one cast), so why not have a part of the globe 'break' when a null bubble touches it.

It makes perfect sense for the whole ability to collapse when it's Rift Surge or Bastille, because these are radial abilities maintained by the energy swirling around the perimeter, if the energy flow is interrupted, so is the ability. But globe is a structure and should be able to be damaged, but not completely banished immediately.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2016 at 4:51 AM, Thaylien said:

Thing is it would take way too much programming and game physics engine adjustment to do, but I'd like to see Null bubbles take chunks out of the globe first, then destroy it.

It doesn't have to be exact to the shape of the bubble, but people have already been asking for a visual update to Globe so that they can see the damage the bubble has taken (since the ability counter only counts the last one cast), so why not have a part of the globe 'break' when a null bubble touches it.

It makes perfect sense for the whole ability to collapse when it's Rift Surge or Bastille, because these are radial abilities maintained by the energy swirling around the perimeter, if the energy flow is interrupted, so is the ability. But globe is a structure and should be able to be damaged, but not completely banished immediately.

The only issue i see in this is where you mentioned Bastille. That ability emits energy from a central source rather than the energy going in a wave around it the energy is actually being pushed out from the center. The swirling that you see is just a visual representation for the player to see the range. So a nullifier should actually have to touch the sphere to disable it, which is why it currently wouldn't make sense for it to touch it anywhere else and disable it.

Edited by Kaoru_Sugimura

I understand some personal affects, but why is it that Nullifiers get to 

- disable power usage

RIP YOU OUT OF INVIS

PULL YOUR ARMOR STRAIGHT OFF YOUR NECK (Inaros)

SHATTER YOUR GLOBE LIKE HE DROPPED A 50 CENT ONE ON THE FLOOR OF A TOY STORE

KILL ALL SHADOWS OF THE DEAD

-DEFY DEFY

-MELT IRON SKIN 

- TURN CLOUD WALKER OFF 

And more. It's just annoying, and causes unnecessary rage, sometimes at the death of the nullifier.

Really, turning off things like Invisibility, Defy, Shadows of the Dead, Iron Skin, Cloud Walker, ESPECIALLY SNOW GLOBE 

Can just flat out kill you at best

ruin the mission at worst

Edited by (PS4)B_Psycho2

• 2 weeks later...

1St frosts globe has to be big enough to protect and Support Team because of affected enemy aoe and moa damages (Status procs also affected)

2nd if it is too big every nulli around a corner is disabling the snow globe and the range is senseless now. 

3rd. In endgame ievery 3rd enemy is a nullifier and it sucks against anyone

4th every ability framcan go mobile and have high protection. Frosts ability is a decent protection and has to be recasted. U stick in energy like hell and one nulli touch it is gone... This is not fair balanced He is a stationary protection not a mobile one. 

He is nerfed like hell. They have to make changes like losing bubble hp instead of instandly losing it completely!!! 

I am coming back if they make it fair and balanced de u have disappointed me!!! 

On 9.7.2016 at 6:10 PM, TrueHawkEye said:

instead of touching it should be when the nulifiers bubble touches the middle of you ability it should disappear

No, the better idea is it drains the health in 2 or 3 damage per sec. If it touches bubbles. Or turns timed abilities time faster down!  Or valkyrs energy drains faster. Rhinos iron skin drains down if He is in a nulli field. Also i think for mobile Tanks or mobile abilities on warframes a change US senseless because of the possibility to retreat a Bit and attack from distance

On 9.7.2016 at 6:16 PM, ArionLightning said:

yes, it does. But it was working before this patch too. Null bubbles are doing what supossed they have to do. Just get used to them. I did it. Just move, slash and back again.

Its fun for me.

But not for stationary abilities. This is no comparison .  U gain the bubble with Stacks and then one touch and everything is gone especially in defense missions. It makes ni sense for me if it is working on stationary abilities. They could Do draining health of stationary abilities or timers running faster down. This would be a good Balance for stationary abilities. 

On 9.7.2016 at 5:31 PM, 1EMPTYSPACE1 said:

i personally never felt that snow globe was unbalanced. I agree with the "little too good" part, but nullifiers already take out abilities, offer huge protection to groups of enemies and were tough units in the first place. Instant death to the snow globe is a bit too much I think.

I agree with u. I would say timed abilities get draining faster time, a stationary ability with health should drain health if a nullifier is touching the snowglobe. IT makes no sense to instantly disappear frosts globe if u are Stack it to survive a little decently and give decent protection. I mean the snow globe lets a bunch of damages through the globe loke bombards, moas, procs and ragdolling. IT is too senseless for Frost tu recast if u know that nullies Ar destroying by touch. Also mobile Tanks or abilities are not necessary to mention. I mean u can retreat from them and use ranged weapons then cc like Rhino. And its done!!

So Frost is useless in any ways against corpus and orokin corrupted. The nullifiers are too op. Look at Atlas, limbo mag. Every ability cant make any sense. Frosts bubble is stationary it cant move away. Now u can build only in one for Frost. Range is unnecessary for bubble only for ccs. They kicked off his 3rd at least!

I would argue that Frost's Snow Globe is solid at where it stands. 

If you build for range, the Globe is weak and would require multiple casts to increase its health. 

If you build for strength, the Globe is small and doesn't cover much.

On 7/9/2016 at 10:43 AM, Tymerc said:

I've been playing Frost since 2013. The change is fine. My completion rate for Corpus missions and those with Corrupted Nullifiers has not dropped at all. It's not hard to leave your Snow Globe and go and kill the squishy Nullifiers before they make contact with your Snow Globe.

The next change they need to make is Stalker becoming immune to the Ice Wave Augment as that goes against his immunity niche and makes the fight extremely easy and boring. 

Hell i have lost 2 bubbles to nullies out of hundreds made. 1  to a nllie that jumped down  on  it and the second during a rad sortie mission

Maybe it would help if abilities like Snowglobe are nullified when the bubble contacts the center of the globe. This could prevent oddities like bubbles through floors/ceilings and bad spawn zones in excavation missions destroying the globe without warning or the opportunity to counter.